Anyone's Kid A Pyro?

WileE-DeadWileE-Dead BannedBanned Users Posts: 24,963 Curl Neophyte
:lol:

Hubby was telling the little one never to mess w/ the Advent wreath or fire...period. I was telling hubby, what's that smell? Next thing I know there is a play potato chip that has been burned the little one is holding. TG for my strong sense of smell...:laughing8:

Hubby has a thing about this b/c when he was a kid he lit the curtains on fire...

I know it's not funny, but I can't stop laughing... :laughing7:

Comments

• RedCatWavesRedCatWaves Registered Users Posts: 31,259 Curl Connoisseur
    I guess you'll be ROFLOLPIYP when your house burns down...

I take fire seriously, especially if a kid was warned first and did it anyway.
  • alacurlalacurl Registered Users Posts: 1,199 Curl Novice
    A friend had a pyro kid (he's grown now). The owner of a storage facility caught the kid and some friends trying to set it on fire.

I realize this might sound harsh, but here goes: It's funny to you now, but ... probably not so much later.
    shoulder-length 3a/b, depending on weather and products (or lack of products!)
  • LL~2009LL~2009 Registered Users Posts: 146
    i wouldnt say ours is a pyro but has a natural curiosity over fire. We've allowed him over the years to experience and respect fire by giving him parameters and guidance when he wished to fool around with it. He likes to make small exposions too!-- he's 11
    fine texture, porous,2c,3a&b (depending on humidity and length)Going gray

Wash: KCCC
    Co wash~ Acure conditioner,JM Citrus Neroli
    Leave in: KCKT, beatiful curls shae butter
    Stylers: KKCC,
  • burgundy_locksburgundy_locks Registered Users Posts: 2,420 Curl Neophyte
    i liked playing with fire when i was young. i never burned anything down, but i would light paper and throw it in the sink, or break open fire crackers so i could burn the powder up. i knew it was wrong so i just stopped. but i still use wooden matches to light my candles :). love to watch it burn.
    para los gustos se hicieron los colores

i has no hair type? (medium, f-iii), normal porosity, LOW elasticity.
    CG journey began 2/8/09 - 4-08-09.. and then mod cg 4/14/09 -... 03/02/10- Barely CG but I like CG products :)
    wash with Low Poo or Poo
    condition with GVP Conditioning Balm or CJ BC Daily, Loreal Color Vive for Color Treated Hair Thats Normal
    Leave ins- Garnier S&S; Marrakesh oil
    style with - Ohm SHP; KCCC- BRHG or Boots- KCCC- BRHG; CIAB; CCCC
    Protein- GVP Joico K-Pak
    Play with ACV
  • medussamedussa Registered Users Posts: 12,993
    i would light paper and throw it in the sink

I did too, except one night my mom was walking down the hallway calling my name and in a panic, I tossed it into the garbage instead of the sink. Ten minutes later, the curtains were on fire. I got my arse kicked that night.
  • irociroc Registered Users Posts: 7,890 Curl Neophyte
    I liked fire when I was a kid too, but I never lit anything serious on fire.

I would always play with lighters, or matches, burn little things, but always put it in an ashtray or in the sink.

This was when I was a bit older, like middle school age.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ~Ghost Poster~~Ghost Poster~ Registered Users Posts: 2,264
    i liked playing with fire when i was young. i never burned anything down, but i would light paper and throw it in the sink, or break open fire crackers so i could burn the powder up. i knew it was wrong so i just stopped. but i still use wooden matches to light my candles :). love to watch it burn.

I'm so laughing at the image of a cute little you doing this. Badass little kid!! :angel10:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]d575b15bb0aa40deb59950570e3268e7.gif
    Baby fine, honey & caramel hilites, 4a/3c now 2b w/DIY BKT & LOVIN' it.
    Cowash-V05 Extra Body
    L'oreal EP Moisture-Rinse-out
    JFLVM
    BRHG mix w/
    KCCC/KCKT (winter)
    Clean-smelling-hair freak washes EOD; dry w/bowl diffuser
    Cassia+henna+grays=Gold-red hilites :love1:
    ~That you don't share my experiences/opinions doesn't invalidate them :wink:
    I wondered if it tasted like a hot dog. ~Phoenix
  • ~Ghost Poster~~Ghost Poster~ Registered Users Posts: 2,264
    :lol:

Hubby was telling the little one never to mess w/ the Advent wreath or fire...period. I was telling hubby, what's that smell? Next thing I know there is a play potato chip that has been burned the little one is holding. TG for my strong sense of smell...:laughing8:

Hubby has a thing about this b/c when he was a kid he lit the curtains on fire...

I know it's not funny, but I can't stop laughing... :laughing7:

My son is fascinated by fire, too. It didn't manifest until he was older, but I made it very clear that I wasn't going to tolerate any BS. So far, so good. I occasionally let him get his fire fix under safe circumstances. But, now that he is 17, I can't keep him in my sights at all times. He's not a full-on pyromaniac, but he has an admitted mild fascination with fire.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]d575b15bb0aa40deb59950570e3268e7.gif
    Baby fine, honey & caramel hilites, 4a/3c now 2b w/DIY BKT & LOVIN' it.
    Cowash-V05 Extra Body
    L'oreal EP Moisture-Rinse-out
    JFLVM
    BRHG mix w/
    KCCC/KCKT (winter)
    Clean-smelling-hair freak washes EOD; dry w/bowl diffuser
    Cassia+henna+grays=Gold-red hilites :love1:
    ~That you don't share my experiences/opinions doesn't invalidate them :wink:
    I wondered if it tasted like a hot dog. ~Phoenix
  • The New BlackThe New Black Registered Users Posts: 16,754 Curl Connoisseur
    My hubby lit the couch on fire when he was about 8yo. Destroyed it. He got beat. And never did it again.
    montage-3.gif No MAS.

I am the new Black.

"Hope the Mail are saving space tomorrow for Samantha Brick's reaction piece on the reactions to her piece about the reactions to her piece." ~ Tweet reposted by Rou.
  • PoodleheadPoodlehead Registered Users Posts: 6,959
    I was one. Got yelled at, and stopped. I'm not sure when I would have quit if my uncle hadn't yelled at us.
    Minneapolis, MN
  • RedCatWavesRedCatWaves Registered Users Posts: 31,259 Curl Connoisseur
    I think all humans are fascinated with fire to a certain extent. We camp a lot, so my kids get their fire fix with campfires. We also have a fire ring in the backyard and the kids are permitted to make fire out there. Nothing inside though. I'm the only one allowed to play with fire in the house.
  • CurlyCurliesCurlyCurlies Registered Users Posts: 1,641
    medussa wrote: »
    i would light paper and throw it in the sink

I did too, except one night my mom was walking down the hallway calling my name and in a panic, I tossed it into the garbage instead of the sink. Ten minutes later, the curtains were on fire. I got my arse kicked that night.

My nephew did this once when he was about 8 years old. Only he didn't think of having the sink or some other water source available. He ran out the house to put the fire out outside and ending up with severe burns on his thumb and forefinger as a result.

The kicker is that when the pain became too much for him to hide (& when I saw it, his thumb was just one big blister), he tried to claim that he had hurt it in football practice earlier that day.
    33abhqq.gif
  • CocoaCoilyCocoaCoily Registered Users Posts: 2,648 Curl Neophyte
    My husband was a mischievous child, and being a little pyro was one way it was manifested. He loved burning things, especially his grandfather's negatives. He still has fond memories of how well they burned.

Thankfully, my daughter is not like that at all. She'd be much too afraid. I just wonder what I'm in for if this new baby is a boy...

• PartyHairPartyHair Registered Users Posts: 7,713
    My brother and I were both pyros. Mom and Dad (and every grownup we knew) made it clear no fire in the house and no fire without grownups around.

Back in the olden days when I was a kid in a small town, everyone burned their trash - no trash pickup. So my brother and I were out there every single time Dad burned the trash. It was great. There was a sidewalk to nowhere in our backyard (it actually led out to where the outhouse was) and we'd burn everything we could get our hands on on that sidewalk.

I can't imagine how much trouble we'd've been in if we'd lit fires in the house or without a grownup around.

I STILL like fire - I hate fireplaces because I can't stand that much woodsmoke smell, but I'm a fiend for lighting candles. Sometimes I blow out the candles just so I can light them again. :)

And yes, I use wooden matches. I LOVE the moment the match lights, with that flare? Ahhh.
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Rock on with your bad self.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Be excellent to each other. ~ Abraham Lincoln

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
  • WileE-DeadWileE-Dead Banned Banned Users Posts: 24,963 Curl Neophyte
    So, hubby put the kibosh on lighting the Advent wreath. I told him I would light it when no one was home :( He still is up for lighting the fireplace, tho...
    The little one has to understand the severity of this, so we shall see if it will sink in. We have to be firm, I know, but he needs to pay attn...that's what we've had issues about...meh
  • PartyHairPartyHair Registered Users Posts: 7,713
    Why would you light candles then leave them unattended? I don't leave lit candles unattended - even if I'm just going to the bathroom I blow out the candles.
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Rock on with your bad self.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Be excellent to each other. ~ Abraham Lincoln

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
  • WileE-DeadWileE-Dead Banned Banned Users Posts: 24,963 Curl Neophyte
    ita agree w/ you PH.
    He was telling the little on that he was worried about the little one getting hurt or the house burning down.
    I'm like, dumbass, watch the wreath!
    But no one listens to me...oy :cwm10:
  • LotsawavesLotsawaves Registered Users Posts: 9,777 Curl Virtuoso
    I was a pyro...sort of.....

I caught on fire when I was 5 and for some reason I had a fascination with it. My poor sister saw me on fire and can't light any fires, even today. I was burnt on 90% of my body and the bottom half of my hair burnt off. I'm not sure why I was fascinated with it afterwards, but I would light a fire anytime I had a chance. Never in the house, except the fireplace. I love campfires. I love wooden matches. OMG! I may need to buy some firewood, so I can build a fire tonight. :confused2: I, also love the smell of a campfire. We had one at my son in law's b'day party last night. I hung around it all night. I kept putting on more wood. :twisted:
    From Michael Berg:

Every person has a unique connection to the Creator that can never be extinguished, and every person has a great soul that can manifest important things in our world. To make a person feel less than they are because of something inside themselves, be it faith, race, or sexual orientation, is the greatest sin of all."
  • shellibeanshellibean Registered Users Posts: 4,500
    Yes. We had a fireplace & threw all kinds of crap in there to watch it burn. Then, all year long, my mom would have a huge candle burning on the kitchen table. My brother & I dug in that candle with heated
    paperclips, thumbtacks, hot matches,etc to watch the wax melt. We had all kinds of fireplace tools we would cook with in the fireplace too: a grilled cheese thingy, marshmellows, hotdogs, etc. My dad is a firebug- we got it from him. Looking back: They really should have watched us better!
    A closed mind is a wonderful thing to lose.

"...you could have a turd on your head and no one would notice."~Subbrock

"I had an imaginary puppy, but my grandpa ate him."~Bailey

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file