Curl Obssession. How obssesed are you on a scale of 1-10.

curlyazncurlyazn Posts: 11Registered Users
I got really bored and just wanted to know how obsessed everyone was. I'm kind of new at this, and I'm (hopefully) not the only person that caresss wayyyy to much about their hair.
I like right next to Giant (a grocery store kinda thing, like Walmart) and im always going there and spending forever in the beauty department.
Also, any recommendations for hair products? :blob7::blob7::blob7::blob7::blob7::blob7:

CG since 11-3-09 and hopefully
continuing......:tongue:
Type: 2b/c
Low-Poo: HETT or Curl.Life
Co-wash: Suave Tangerine
Condish: Pantene Restorative stuff, Curl.Life by Matrix or HETT
Gel: Garnier curl scrunchng gel or HETT mousse or gel

asianprideee. :toothy7:

Comments

• Maxs MomMaxs Mom Posts: 64Registered Users
    20:-(
    Hilo, Hawaii
    MOD/GC since 5/08-no silicones or SLS
    2b/3a Long (waist length when wet) , THICK and course
    Lo-Poo-Jessicurl HCC,KC come clean, CJ daily fix conditioner
    Condish-Leave in-KCNT,Moisture Maniac
    Styling-re:coil, KCCC, BSRHG
  • laynesavedthedaylaynesavedtheday Posts: 239Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Probably a 6-7. I mean I spend a good amount of time on my hair, but it certainly does not ruin or make my mood or dictate my life.
  • SingingSongsSingingSongs Posts: 42Registered Users
    I would probally say I'm a 6. Well I guess it kinda depends though, because I always feel as if I'm being rushed. So I don't spend all the time I want to spend there.
    So maybe a 7... Ok! Maybe an 8 :oops:.
    black bouncy 3a/b curls... And thats all I got to say...
  • botticelli_girl922botticelli_girl922 Posts: 896Registered Users
    Probably a 6-7. I mean I spend a good amount of time on my hair, but it certainly does not ruin or make my mood or dictate my life.

Same :)
    Curl Type: 2c-3a, Medium thickness, Normal Porosity
    Weekly Low-poo: TJ Pure Castile Soap
    Co-wash: V05 Strawberries and Cream
    Conditioner: GVP Conditioning Balm (Possibly HG!), GF Triple Nutrition
    Styling Products: CK, Re:coil, JCRR, JCCC, LALMHG, EcoStyler, SMU Spray Gel, Boots

Life has many choices. Eternity has two. What's yours?
  • CurlyFlixCurlyFlix Posts: 58Registered Users
    curlyazn wrote: »
    I got really bored and just wanted to know how obsessed everyone was. I'm kind of new at this, and I'm (hopefully) not the only person that caresss wayyyy to much about their hair.
    I like right next to Giant (a grocery store kinda thing, like Walmart) and im always going there and spending forever in the beauty department.
    Also, any recommendations for hair products? :blob7::blob7::blob7::blob7::blob7::blob7:
    I'd say about a 9. I spend about 15 minutes on my hair each morning, even if I've just put my hair into a ponytail for a casual day. If I've washed my hair, make that about 20 minutes plus about 90 minutes plopping and another 30 minutes styling lol.
    [FONT=&quot]Hair type:[/FONT][FONT=&quot] 3a/3b, 'tanned blonde', fine, normal porosity, normal elasticity, fine texture, naturally curly hair.
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Conditioner:[/FONT][FONT=&quot] Pure Coconut Oil Conditioner worked in, left for several minutes, washed out, second gentler application, left in for 3 minutes, washed out.
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Styling:[/FONT][FONT=&quot] Boots Essentials Curl Creme or Styling Mousse for Curls[/FONT]

event.png

• MJ4everMJ4ever Posts: 31Registered Users
    omg I'm a 100 out of 10:blob5:lol
    I never used to be obsessed (used to always straighten my hair) but 4 months ago I went naturally and have been obsessed with getting those luscious locks desired:wink:
    i have been on this site literally every day and have to wake up at 6 :sleepy2:to do my hair (takes me 20 mins to do hair daily) if i didnt do it everymorning it would be an afro:afro: not that theirs anyhting wrong with them.
    so yeh what i'm trying to say is i'm pretty obsessed with getting my hair perfect:wave:
  • MJ4everMJ4ever Posts: 31Registered Users
    oh yeh and i'd recomend mixed chicks
    the whole line has worked great and has restored my curls health leaving them shiny and curly yey:love5:
  • curlyazncurlyazn Posts: 11Registered Users
    MJ4ever wrote: »
    I never used to be obsessed (used to always straighten my hair) but 4 months ago I went naturally and have been obsessed with getting those luscious locks desired:wink:
    i have been on this site literally every day and have to wake up at 6 :sleepy2:to do my hair (takes me 20 mins to do hair daily) if i didnt do it everymorning it would be an afro:afro: not that theirs anyhting wrong with them.
    so yeh what i'm trying to say is i'm pretty obsessed with getting my hair perfect:wave:

Hahahah glad to one I'm not the only one. I used to straighten my hair every single day about a month ago. :(
    Then I found Curly Girl at the library and it knew escalated from there. Lol. My room is like a treasure chest of stuff. Matrix, garnier, loreal, pantene, specialfx, tigi, herbal essences. Haha. Everything.
    Yet nothing will turn my freakishly poofy Asian hair into perfect spirals. *sigh* mine are all waves and the occaisonal loooonngggg stretched outttt spiral.
    Haha

Thanks to everyone for posting (: and I apologize fir any errors made by my stupid itouch. Haha

• thickcurlygurlythickcurlygurly Posts: 230Registered Users
    100 out of 10 here hehe at least im not obsessed with somethin stupid like twilight
    conditioner: GVP conditioning balm
    leave in co: GVP conditioning balm

And my hair hates avg :happy3:

Yes I consider myself obsessed with my hair. :happy7:
  • CurlyGirlieRiahCurlyGirlieRiah Posts: 33Registered Users
    7-8 All I do is talk and do my hair!
    3b/3c/4a
    currently: shoulder length
    ~going for bra strap ~

s-event.png

• bohohalobohohalo Posts: 12Registered Users
    lololol...same here after I found this site and Lorraine Massey's "Curly Girl" at the bookstore.
    Maxs Mom wrote: »
  • curlyazncurlyazn Posts: 11Registered Users
    Hahaha yep.
    J'adore my hair..... Even the stupid part on the side that doesn't clump. It like..... Is 20 or so strands of hair that all have different curl patterns to an almost kinky level. Aaarrrgggghhhhh

• gypsyoftheworldgypsyoftheworld Posts: 54Registered Users
    i'd have to say 7 or 8. as i wash my hair, and plop, and then let it air dry, i am constantly checking the mirror, making sure the curl is setting right, mad if it doesn't, depressed when my hair looks like a poofy mess, and i can't put my hair up, or else my roots and half of my canopy pull out straight while the rest of my hair is wavy/curly, even though it was awesome curls like two seconds ago. very aggravating.
  • Curlz a HotMessCurlz a HotMess Posts: 268Registered Users
    Forget 100, I'm 200!!!

I'm really not a perfectionist, but when it comes to how I look, I hate looking bad, and I guess it's because when I was younger I was really self concious about my frizzy hair!!
    Shampoo and Conditioner: Suave Professionals Humectant

Styling & Finishing: Garnier Fructis Sleek and Shine Anti-Frizz serum, Garnier Fructis Moisturizing Leave in conditioner

Sorry, but I LOVE to straighten my hair!

2B, a few 2C & 3A strands in there
  • crazygirlslovecurlscrazygirlslovecurls Posts: 19Registered Users
    super obsessed! i use to not care but when i stopped straiting it i got obsessed with my hair, my friends hair, even my mom's hair. i went form not caring to being the family hair guro. it's kinda sad but i hate the fizzy poofy mess it becomes when i dont bother with it! especially in minnesota where even in the dead of winter the humidity is ridicusly high 93 today! oy
  • NoraCurlNoraCurl Posts: 345Registered Users
    When I was younger, I didn't give a crap about how I looked, except for my clothes. Back then, I would say on a scale of 1-10, I'd be 2. :D
    Now that I'm a big old teenager, on a scale of 1-10, I'm 7! I always make sure my hair looks good when I go out and every time I go to the bathroom, I'm always stopping to look in the mirror. When it comes to my skin and makeup, though, I'm about 8.5!:compress:
    :toothy4::toothy4:
    "Smile...just do it.":angel11:

3aMii, medium porosity, medium to low elasticity:color:

Shampoo & Conditioner: HE Hydralicious Featherweight
    Styling: HETMS Spray Gel and Finishing Touch Cream
    DT: GF Triple Nutrition

• lldm2lldm2 Posts: 173Registered Users
    Mm.. About an 7

Sometimes it makes or breaks my mood.

And I do spend around 45 minutes in the shower (although, I take that long when it's put up in a shower cap too! haha :P).

But, I normally just do wash n go's.
    3c/4a

Wanting;
    APL/MBL
  • GottaLoveCurlyGottaLoveCurly Posts: 56Registered Users
    I'd say I'm a 9.
    Ever since I started wearing my hair curly, I have been OBSESSED with making it perfect. In general, I am a perfectionist, but I've gone over board with this. I cried once when my hair just. wouldn't. curl.
    XD

But, yeah, I'm obsessed.
    Embracing my curls!
    Type of Hair: 2b/3a
    Conditioner: GF Triple Nutrition / HETS Conditioner
    Mousse: HETT Mousse
    Gel: GF Curl Enhancing Gel
    Extra: Aloe, Aveno and Honey!! :D

Current hair length: Just past shoulder length!
    Goal: To have beautiful BSL hair!:love4:

event.png

event.png
  • CrystalRainCrystalRain Posts: 170Registered Users
    I don't care about getting it to look perfect anymore - being a wavy my hair changes of its own accord way too often - but I freak out if someone ruffles or touches it without asking. I also spend a lot of time washing, drying and styling it. So I'll go with 8 for now. I take care of myself in every way, but my hair is my only vanity. :P
    Thick, mostly 2c with some 3a; fine texture, medium/high porosity, and a very strange curl & wave pattern.

Started CG (properly) as of 6/31/2009.

Cowash | Suave Naturals Ocean Breeze or Juicy Green Apple
    Rinse-out | Burt's Bees Super Shiny
    Leave-in | Live Clean Intense Moisturizing
    Gel | HESMU

Right now: growing hair past shoulder-length, looking to take decent hair picture (my avatar is my first day of CG).
  • toodleycurl22toodleycurl22 Posts: 53Registered Users
    heheh i've been avoiding this question.....oh joy, ok so i'm pretty obsessed, so, *cough10cough* lol ^.^
    but at least i admit it!! teehee ^.^
    twisty curly, curly twisty
    gel-y, mouse-y, pomade-y, misty
    pretty ugly, ugly pretty
    they listen, they don't -
    oh what a pity
  • SandiSandi Posts: 364Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    100 out of 10 here hehe at least im not obsessed with somethin stupid like twilight

Nicely said, lol. I'd say I'm about an 8 or 9, but my dad says I'm at like 100. :)
    Hair Type: 3c/4a, Coarse, Med-High Density, Med-Low Porosity
    Curly since '09
  • MVP_MVP_ Posts: 213Registered Users
    9 out of 10 im afraid.. i know it's bad, but yet i can not help it :sad11:
  • GottaLoveCurlyGottaLoveCurly Posts: 56Registered Users
    I don't care about getting it to look perfect anymore - being a wavy my hair changes of its own accord way too often - but I freak out if someone ruffles or touches it without asking. I also spend a lot of time washing, drying and styling it. So I'll go with 8 for now. I take care of myself in every way, but my hair is my only vanity. :P

Oh man, ALL THE TIME! If any of my family even BREATHES on it, I run away to examine myself in the mirror! My friends usually scrunch it from behind me when I'm not looking and I whip around to glare at them.
    They all think I'm crazy.
    Embracing my curls!
    Type of Hair: 2b/3a
    Conditioner: GF Triple Nutrition / HETS Conditioner
    Mousse: HETT Mousse
    Gel: GF Curl Enhancing Gel
    Extra: Aloe, Aveno and Honey!! :D

Current hair length: Just past shoulder length!
    Goal: To have beautiful BSL hair!:love4:

event.png

event.png
  • Fantastic1221Fantastic1221 Posts: 356Registered Users
    I spend I think, a normal amount of time on my hair. Maybe not, but im transitioning and its harder to keep my hair looking good so I manipulate it a little more than i have before i started transitioning.
    3c front crown,4a in middle back
    LOIS: OS, thin, dense, cottony

http://dtcp.tumblr.com/"]My Blog
    Hair Regimen

event.png

event.png

event.png
  • bridgete2010bridgete2010 Posts: 144Registered Users
    Maxs Mom wrote: »

LOL me toooo :)
    I go in and out of the bathroom at home... trying to play with my hair and get it more "funky" and "fun."
    lol
    i love to style my hair and get it curlier ! then i realize its already curly enough lol

event.png
    my new blog ~~
  • tanishagurltanishagurl Posts: 49Registered Users
    MJ4ever wrote: »

Lol same here 8-) although I'd say im more of a 80
    Hair type- 2c
    Low Poo- Giovanni TTTT
    Conditioner- Nature's Gate Tea tree & blue cypress
    Leave-In- Suave Naturals Tropical coconut/Aussie hair insurance
    Stylers- HETT mousse, Cottonseed curlboost, HESMU spray gel, GF wet shine gel
    Modified CG since March 2010!
    cUrl CRazED:love1:
  • curlybeautycurlybeauty Posts: 81Registered Users
    I'm easily a good 9 or even 10/10. I'm obsessed with my hair and I totally spoil it. :love7:

• thersacurlsthersacurls Posts: 24Registered Users
    Im about 9 on obession im a product junkie and when i run out I feel incomplete,also im constantly searching for better product. 3b:tongue7:
  • kinkycurlycutiekinkycurlycutie Posts: 40Registered Users

I spend so much time on my hair and there are times when if my hair isn't just the way I like it, it screws up my whole day.
    Hair type: mostly very tight 4a with a little 3c and 4b, porous:walk:, medium-thickness

HG: Jessicurl hcc, jessicurl too shea extra moisturizing conditioner, VO5 moisture milk, eco styler olive oil styling gel, Jane carter hair solutions nourish and shine

event.png
  • rachelolivia2010rachelolivia2010 Posts: 372Registered Users
    I say an 9.5 haha. I like my hair, and i'm always playing in it. It's fun.
    awnmvgt87.png
    4a/OS/FN/Spongy
    Co-Wash: Vo5 Herbal Escapes Moisturizing Conditioner Free Me Freesia With Aloe Extract & Aussie Moist
    Leave In Conditioner: KCKT & seal with shea butter.
    Gel/Styler: KCCC or EcoStyler for edges.
    I think my hair likes cones... :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file