Suggestions for an island vacation

JosephineJosephine Registered Users Posts: 14,408 Curl Connoisseur
My boyfriend and I want to take a week vacation somewhere in the caribbean islands in Jan or Feb but not sure where. I heard Negril, Jamaica is really nice. My sister went to Ochos Rios and says I won't like the beach. I am into very nice beaches (clear water, and big beaches with good sand). I like Tobago, but I've already been. I've heard St martin, Caymen, and St lucia are all really nice too..any experiences from anyone?

TIA!

Comments

• WileE-DeadWileE-Dead Banned Banned Users Posts: 24,963 Curl Neophyte
    I highly rec...
    http://www.couples.com/index.html
    Def the Negril side...check it out...
    We went there for our 15th this year...
    hence the new suffix...lol

• JosephineJosephine Registered Users Posts: 14,408 Curl Connoisseur
    Hey wile, I was going to ask you, did you really do the nude beach thing? I kind of want to, but not sure if my guy is gonna be up for it. I've always wanted to go skinny dipping and have golden boobs instead of glowing white.
    lol...no...we went to CSA [only place on the resort that is not AN] & hubby didn't want to...he's very private, but, yeah, golden boobs are nice :toothy7:
    almost anything goes at nite tho..
    well, everyone is very respectful...

lol...no...we went to CSA [only place on the resort that is not AN] & hubby didn't want to...he's very private, but, yeah, golden boobs are nice :toothy7:
    almost anything goes at nite tho..
    well, everyone is very respectful...

Is CSA topless friendly, or no..?
    Yes on the beach only...no girls can hang out at the pool... :laughing7:
    That might be a good compromise...
  • PoodleheadPoodlehead Registered Users Posts: 6,959
    We went to Negril for our honeymoon. Gorgeous! My hubby really loved Grand Cayman as well.

I also have friends who go to Isla Mujeres in Mexico every year. It must be nice if they keep going back!
    Minneapolis, MN
  • jeepcurlygurljeepcurlygurl Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Posts: 20,729 Curl Virtuoso
    Loved Jamaica but for beaches I would have to agree with poodlehead's hubby and say Cayman Islands. Really superb beaches.
    --I'm located in Western PA.   --I found NC in late 2004, CG since February 2005, joined the forums in May 2005, started going grey in late 2005.   --My hair is 3B with some 3A, currently at mid back length when dry,  texture-medium/fine, porosity-top is low, middle is medium, ends are porous, elasticity-normal.   --My long time favorite products are Suave & VO5 conditioners, LA Looks Sport Gel, coconut oil, honey, vinegar.   
    --My CG and grey hair progress -  
    http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/going-gray/179328-jeepys-grey-hair-progress.html   
    --My article at NaturallyCurly about going grey - 
    https://www.naturallycurly.com/curlreading/color/how-i-went-completely-gray-and-loved-it
  • fraufrau Registered Users Posts: 6,130 Curl Neophyte
    curious, what's wrong with jamaican beaches? are the sands not really pretty? too many people? dirty?
  • jeepcurlygurljeepcurlygurl Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Posts: 20,729 Curl Virtuoso
    They were great in Jamaica. Just not as great as the Caymans. The water was clearer and bluer and the sand was whiter and softer. I've never seen such blue water.
    --I'm located in Western PA.   --I found NC in late 2004, CG since February 2005, joined the forums in May 2005, started going grey in late 2005.   --My hair is 3B with some 3A, currently at mid back length when dry,  texture-medium/fine, porosity-top is low, middle is medium, ends are porous, elasticity-normal.   --My long time favorite products are Suave & VO5 conditioners, LA Looks Sport Gel, coconut oil, honey, vinegar.   
    --My CG and grey hair progress -  
    http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/going-gray/179328-jeepys-grey-hair-progress.html   
    --My article at NaturallyCurly about going grey - 
    https://www.naturallycurly.com/curlreading/color/how-i-went-completely-gray-and-loved-it
  • maracasbeachmaracasbeach Registered Users Posts: 310
    If your vacation will just be about enjoying a tranquil relaxing getaway with stunning beaches without distractions then you can also consider Carriacou (tiny island off Grenada) or Virgin Gorda (island off Tortola).
  • peyrouxpeyroux Registered Users Posts: 174
    Not sure where you're from, but if you're not from the US, I hear Cuba is fantastiiiiic.

Also heard awesome things about the Dominican Republic as far as vacations go. I hang out with the Spanish speaking crowd though, so I can't speak about Jamaica or any of the other islands.
    2b, high porosity, medium texture
    CG since 11/20/09

Current routine:

low poo: GTTTT
    rinse out: Suave Naturals Aloe and Waterlily
    leave-in: GVP Conditioning Balm or Garnier Fructis Triple Nutrition
    stylers: Proclaim Curl Activator Gel, Proclaim Crystal Ice Protein Gel or Ecostyler Krystal Gel
  • geminigemini Registered Users Posts: 3,325
    Dominican Republic--my husband and I just came back from Punta Cana and it was absolutely the best. The sand is like powder. :)
  • NessyNessy Registered Users Posts: 788
    We went to Turks & Caicos for our honeymoon 2 yrs ago, and it was beautiful! White sand, and the water was gorgeous. Had a fabulous time.
  • journotravelerjournotraveler Registered Users Posts: 2,816
    We got married in Negril at a sweet little beachfront hotel called Country Country. Then we honeymooned at the Rockhouse Hotel, on the cliffs side of Negril.

I love Cuba, but the beach I went to in Havana was just meh. My favorite beaches in the Caribbean are in St. John's Island. I could look down and see the fish swimming around my legs. They have about 40 beaches there, mostly small, rugged and non-touristy. 3/4 of the island is designated U.S. park, I believe, so it feels more untouched.

The beaches in the Bahamas are really nice, powdery sand, pristine clear waters. But Paradise Island is a tourist trap. (Unless you stay at the yoga ashram there, which is where I usually stay.) Haven't been to the D.R., but I love Spanish-speaking islands. I hope one day to visit.
    3B corkscrews with scatterings of 3A & 3C.
    Josephine...also check out their message board. It is very informative...
    not that I'm trying to sway you or anything...

:angel5:
    LOL, it's going to boil down to price in the end. I will keep you posted.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file