Conditioner for co-washing?

nuwave06nuwave06 Registered Users Posts: 9
What types of OTC conditioner do you all use for daily/every other day co-washing? The one I had been using has about 3 different types of alcohol in it and didn't think that was good...
> Mostly a 4a
> "Third" BC - September 2009
> Texlaxed - August 2010 (only once, no more)
> Wash: Kinky Curly Come Clean
> Co-Wash: CURLS Creamy Curl Cleanser
> Moisturizing/Conditioning: Kinky Curly Knot Today (Leave-in), CURLS Coconut Curlada Conditioner (Rinse-out)
> Styling: Curls Cream Brule, Curls Goddess Curls

Comments

• afrikurlafrikurl Registered Users Posts: 736
    A lot of folks use Suave coconut or v05 moisture milks
  • WurlyLoxWurlyLox Registered Users Posts: 4,858 Curl Neophyte
    I like Giovanni Tea Tree Triple Treat - I need it for my scalp.

Oops, I just realized I was in the 4A forum - sorry! Still, it's good if you have scalp "issues".

Fatty alcohols are good and moisturizing, so it just depends on what type of alcohols you're talking about. Cetyl, cetearyl and others are good and are what you usually see in conditioners. You'd want to avoid SD alcohol, Isopropyl, denatured alcohols, etc.
    2C/3A/3B - modified CG - fairly fine now, normal/low porosity/normal elasticity

Current Main Rotation: MG217 medicated or Aim2Health 'poos for scalp, Elucence cond., Spiral Solutions Protein & Deeply Decadent Cond., CJCCCC reg or lite,CJ Pattern Pusha,, Giovanni LA Hold Hair Spritz + lots more, sporadically

HG Method: Super Soaker + Smasters-ing, brief upside down diffusing w/360o diffuser then clips/clamps & air dry. Newly gray - stopped my henna glosses!

www.fotki.com/auntnett
  • nuwave06nuwave06 Registered Users Posts: 9
    Thanks for the info -- I'll re-check the ingredients to see what types of alcohol were listed. I know each had a notation of being "vegetable-derived".
    > Mostly a 4a
    > "Third" BC - September 2009
    > Texlaxed - August 2010 (only once, no more)
    > Wash: Kinky Curly Come Clean
    > Co-Wash: CURLS Creamy Curl Cleanser
    > Moisturizing/Conditioning: Kinky Curly Knot Today (Leave-in), CURLS Coconut Curlada Conditioner (Rinse-out)
    > Styling: Curls Cream Brule, Curls Goddess Curls
  • Sandy CoilsSandy Coils Registered Users Posts: 662
    afrikurl wrote: »
    A lot of folks use Suave coconut or v05 moisture milks

^^^ Yup, or Suave Vanilla Flower
    My Fotki

My Blog - A Day in the Life

Products:
    EVOO
    HEHH
    TresEmme Curl Moisture Conditioner
    Aloe Vera Gel
    Let's Jam

Hair Type: Kinky Coily

[SIGPIC]Me[/SIGPIC]
  • blessedhimeblessedhime Registered Users Posts: 1,458
    Afroveda's Holy Basil Conditioner works wonderfully for me in co-washing. :)
    Blessed Princess Diamante, High Archivist of the Thrifty Trinitarians in the Order of the Curly Crusaders
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Last Relaxer: July 31st, 2008
    BC: 14th August, 2009
    Favourite Product Line: None at the moment
    HGs: Amla, brahmi, maka, neem, hibiscus and fenugreek powders.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • CocoTCocoT Registered Users Posts: 5,330
    I cant seem to get the hang of co washing and I would really like to. I think my hair would really benefit.
    11.gif
    Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds
    -Albert Einstein
    Discounts:iHerb: EZA283 for $5 off!, OCO522 for $10 off first purchase | Komaza Care Referral Code: J5Q362VG
  • h2wQueenh2wQueen Registered Users Posts: 551
    Love the stuff, LOVE IT, i say.
    "We Live From the Head Down and Not the Feet Up" ~Donnie
  • Cali ChikCali Chik Registered Users Posts: 1,494
    h2wQueen wrote: »
    Love the stuff, LOVE IT, i say.
    I just bought the shampoo. It has excellent ingredients.

But I use the suave coconut and the wild cherries one. So far not bad. I also use the suave sleek. I saw a girl use that in her video blog and I wanted to see if it was good for me.

I liked it but not as a leave-in.
    subbrock wrote: »
    - don't let everybody elses long straight weave bum you out. don't let other people's big/long natural hair bum you out either. embrace what you have and rock it with confidence, because that's the only way you'll be happy. and whether you realize it or not you are somebody's influence. show them what it truly means to be confident.

www.lifestarbeauty.com
    Hate me? Love me? then Follow me! www.twitter.com/vidastarr

• EkaetteEkaette Registered Users Posts: 356
    I've had a lot of success with Aussie Moist, Trader Joe Nourish spa, and Tressemme Remoisturize
    event.png

4b natural
  • pulchri2dinouspulchri2dinous Registered Users Posts: 1,014
    I used Giovanni 50:50 when I was cowashing frequently. It's sold at TJMaxx and Marshals.
    4, fine, low-medium density, low porosity

event.png

"When it is obvious that the goals cannot be reached, don't adjust the goals, adjust the action steps." - Confucius
  • WurlyLoxWurlyLox Registered Users Posts: 4,858 Curl Neophyte
    Yeah, you can get the GTTTT in liters at TJMaxx and Marshall's, too - I've never looked for it and not found it.
    2C/3A/3B - modified CG - fairly fine now, normal/low porosity/normal elasticity

Current Main Rotation: MG217 medicated or Aim2Health 'poos for scalp, Elucence cond., Spiral Solutions Protein & Deeply Decadent Cond., CJCCCC reg or lite,CJ Pattern Pusha,, Giovanni LA Hold Hair Spritz + lots more, sporadically

HG Method: Super Soaker + Smasters-ing, brief upside down diffusing w/360o diffuser then clips/clamps & air dry. Newly gray - stopped my henna glosses!

www.fotki.com/auntnett
  • hippychichippychic Registered Users Posts: 4,673 Curl Neophyte
    CocoT wrote: »
    I cant seem to get the hang of co washing and I would really like to. I think my hair would really benefit.
    basically you use conditioner to wash your hair rather than shampoo. it's up to you how often you wash. when i was wearing a wash n go hairstyle, i did daily cowashing. since i am doing protective styling of sorts, i have moved to weekly cowashing. i also avoid cones so don't have much (if any) build-up. my hair loves cowashing. :)
    LOIS (OS); cottony, TYPE 4 hair, fine/med strands; no cones bcz my hair hates them; last relaxer '98; now low porosity:?, ignores most natural hair rules; BC #8

faves: suave, v05 shampoo, conditioner (my own), raw shea butter, castor oil, peanut oil, aloe juice
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file