having scalp problems after two years of co-washing

When I was pregnant 2 years ago, I developed sudden and unbearable scalp problems.
I searched for a solution and found this forum, started co-washing and my hair never felt or looked better. This last two months I have seen a return of many of those problems and I don't know why. I assumed it all started because of pregnancy hormones, but I am not pregnant now and yet here I am again.

I have 3b hair and my routine is simple - every other day co-wash with Suave or V05, squeeze out excess moisture and style with Aussie Calm That Frizz cream and mousse.
Next day hair and scalp are fine, but the day after that I wake up to intense itching and red patches again. I've tried co-washing daily, but that didn't help.
Am I doing something wrong? Is there a trick I didn't learn yet?

Comments

• crwrittcrwritt Registered Users Posts: 705 Curl Neophyte
    Meroluni wrote: »
    When I was pregnant 2 years ago, I developed sudden and unbearable scalp problems.
    I searched for a solution and found this forum, started co-washing and my hair never felt or looked better. This last two months I have seen a return of many of those problems and I don't know why. I assumed it all started because of pregnancy hormones, but I am not pregnant now and yet here I am again.

I have 3b hair and my routine is simple - every other day co-wash with Suave or V05, squeeze out excess moisture and style with Aussie Calm That Frizz cream and mousse.
    Next day hair and scalp are fine, but the day after that I wake up to intense itching and red patches again. I've tried co-washing daily, but that didn't help.
    Am I doing something wrong? Is there a trick I didn't learn yet?

I can relate, since I've had scalp problems in the past. What has worked for me is to use Neutrogena TGel or TSal shampoo on the scalp only, with the length coated with conditioner, let it set a few minutes , rinse, and continue with conditioner, styling, etc.
    Another product I have recently found and like is CVS psoriasis medicated shampoo and conditioner.It does have some sulfates, but also has Salicylic acid and some herbal ingredients. Using it just on the scalp, and only when I have a problem, I still get nice clumps and waves.
    You might also try eliminating some of your stylers one by one to see if they are causing the irritation.
  • MeroluniMeroluni Registered Users Posts: 8
    Thanks for the suggestion :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file