I BC'ed

HomeGrownHairGirlHomeGrownHairGirl Registered Users Posts: 296 Curl Neophyte
Hi,
I'm so elated to tell you that I bc'ed last night after about 8 months of transitioning! I absolutely love my new hair!:love5:

Without the support of hair forums such as this one, I wouldn't have been able to successfully transition. Thank you.

My BC photos can be seen through my Fotki account...

HGHG

eventpng

Comments

• FunkyCurlGurlFunkyCurlGurl Registered Users Posts: 264
    Congrats on your BC! Looks great! Inspirational!
    event.png

http://public.fotki.com/funkycurlgirl/
    "when I feel her jump up and dance / I hear the music! my God / i'm talking about my nappy hair!"
    - Lucille Clifton, "Homage to my Hair."
  • BrownsugababeBrownsugababe Registered Users Posts: 63
    Well done! Looks lovely :toothy7:

event.png
  • Naturally1908Naturally1908 Registered Users Posts: 56
    Congrats to you!
    Monique - Natural Hair Advocate - Blogger
    Proud Member of Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Inc
    I tweet! www.twitter.com/naturally1908
    I blog! www.naturalandfab.com

event.png

event.png

[/CENTER]
  • HomeGrownHairGirlHomeGrownHairGirl Registered Users Posts: 296 Curl Neophyte
    Thanks everyone!

eventpng
  • EkaetteEkaette Registered Users Posts: 356
    Congratulations!
    PS I didn't realize you were on NC. I've been following your blog :iconbiggrin:
    event.png

4b natural
  • blessedhimeblessedhime Registered Users Posts: 1,458
    Congrats on your BC. How wonderful! :happy2:
    Blessed Princess Diamante, High Archivist of the Thrifty Trinitarians in the Order of the Curly Crusaders
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Last Relaxer: July 31st, 2008
    BC: 14th August, 2009
    Favourite Product Line: None at the moment
    HGs: Amla, brahmi, maka, neem, hibiscus and fenugreek powders.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ekaette wrote: »
    Congratulations!
    PS I didn't realize you were on NC. I've been following your blog :iconbiggrin:
    Congrats on your BC. How wonderful! :happy2:

Merci beaucoup, Ekaette & BlessedHime! :hello2:

eventpng
  • CurlyFemmeCurlyFemme Registered Users Posts: 15
    Welcome to Liberation! Your hair looks beautiful! I tried to transistion for 8 months, but I only made it to 2 1/2.
    CurlyFemme wrote: »
    Welcome to Liberation! Your hair looks beautiful! I tried to transistion for 8 months, but I only made it to 2 1/2.

Thanks! Yeah, it's hard not to BC right away. Most of us are anxious to see our natural hair... :afro: Me included, because initially I had planned on transitioning for 12-18 months, lol.

eventpng
  • SpiralliSpiralli Registered Users Posts: 3,684 Curl Connoisseur
    Your hair looks very pretty! Congrats on making that tough decision.

My transitioning is growing out my color. I still have some very yellowish/light orange pieces from growing out dark brown permanent dye. I wish I had the courage to BC that last 6-8" off, but I'm not there yet.
    Type: 3b/3c (i), below shoulder length.
    CO wash: A-O GPB LYY, Desert Essence Coconut, Oribe Silverati
    Leave-ins: Curl Junkie Beauti-Curls, KCKT, cno overnight
    Styling: BRHG, MGA Sculpting Gel, A-O Mandarin Magic Gel, LOTD AVG, LALSG, CJ Pattern Pusha
    DT: Curl Junkie Deep Fix, Briogeo Don't Despair Repair!
    curls2grow wrote: »

My transitioning is growing out my color. I still have some very yellowish/light orange pieces from growing out dark brown permanent dye. I wish I had the courage to BC that last 6-8" off, but I'm not there yet.

Thanks for the insight, curls2grow. You'll have that color out before you know it!

eventpng
  • alidanalidan Registered Users Posts: 111
    Congratulations!!!
    Rock your own style, dance to your own beat
    BC'ed on 12/19/09, transitioned 9 month 12 days and loving every Minute.
    Products LOVES:
    SheaMoisture CES, Ecostyle OO, Long Aid gel, castor, Olive & jojoba oil, Shea butter, V05 Strawberry, Cream Of Nature Argan Oil treatment, Crece Pelo, Silicon Mix, NuNATT, Karite masque.

Products lines I would love to try: Miss Jessie's, KBB , Qhemets and Hairveda.

http://public.fotki.com/Antiguancurlygirl
    alidan wrote: »
    Congratulations!!!

Thank you!

eventpng
  • kalanekalane Registered Users Posts: 424
    Congrats, HomeGrownHairGirl! Your hair looks great :toothy10:
    curls2grow wrote: »

I feel you, curls2grow. I still have about 6 inches of relaxed hair that I'm just not ready to cut off. Maybe in a couple of months.
    fotki twitter blog

event.png

In short, the characteristics of the powerful, whatever they may be, are thought to be better than the characteristics of the powerless – and logic has nothing to do with it.
    -- Gloria Steinem

Thanks, kalane! :profileleft:

eventpng

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file