Handbags

NutkinNutkin Registered Users Posts: 352
Please tell me it's ok that I just spent $426 online on a Coach bag.

I put it in the cart. Let it sit there a while. The filled in my info and stared at it a long time. I just closed my eyes and hit "continue".

I'm not used to spending that much on a bag. But I do find as I'm getting older that it's getting easier and easier to splurge. Just got to try to control it. I'm buying nothing else! Going to be hard this time of year. Yikes.

Comments

• ResRes Registered Users Posts: 2,911
    I won't tell you it's OK... because I think it's a lot and I do not really like Coach bags.

If you bought it would it really mess with your budget? How much do you want it?
    3A/B - low-normal porosity - med to coarse texture

Shampoo - GTTTT
    Co-Wash - As I Am Coconut Cowash
    RO - GVP Cond. Balm, Tresemme Naturals, Yes to Carrots Nourishing, AO Honeysuckle Rose
    LI - Hollywood Beauty Olive Cream Headdress
    DT - Hollywood Beauty Olive Cholestrol, SM Raw Shea Butter Deep Treatment
    Stylers - BRHG (old formula is my HG, but the new one has silicones)

Trying out - MGA Sculpting Gel, LA Sports Gel, Got2b Spiked Gel, Got2b Glued
  • SystemSystem Posts: 39,060 Administrator
    Can you afford it? Do you need it? Will it last? Will you love it as much next year as you do today? You can always wait and then get it if you still want it as much week from now. Will you be paying cash or credit? Cash, go for it. Credit, don't charge! You'll pay more for it in the long run.
  • NutkinNutkin Registered Users Posts: 352
    I do not like most Coach bags but this one is very classic and timeless and I can wear daily.

14142_b4ma_a0?$product_image$

I can afford it if I don't buy anything else this month other than things I need to live!

I used my credit card but I pay it off every month.
  • WileE-DeadWileE-Dead Banned Banned Users Posts: 24,963 Curl Neophyte
    wow...no, I wouldn't do it, but I'm just cheap like that! :laughing8:
    If it makes you happy & you can afford it...go for it :glasses7:
  • ninja dogninja dog Registered Users Posts: 23,780 Curl Neophyte
    Sounds like it's not going to break you, so why not?

Enjoy!
  • NetGNetG Registered Users Posts: 8,116
    People get joy from different things. I wouldn't spend that much on a purse but wouldn't hesitate to spend it on a good pair of riding boots. Since you can afford it, and it's your own money, sounds like no biggie to me!
    The pews never miss a sermon but that doesn't get them one step closer to Heaven.
    -Speckla

But at least the pews never attend yoga!
    It gives me pleasure to have nice things. I don't have kids so I guess I have extra money to spend on myself. And I don't have a lot of "stuff" that I don't use. I have friends who would NEVER spend that money on a bag and will laugh at me. Yet they would spend it on a pile of crap for their kids or just crap in general. Stuff they'll never wear or wear once and toss it aside. I guess if it gives them pleasure to do that and makes their kids happy or themselves then that's ok too.

I'm ok with the purchase. I retract my original request. :)
    p.s. just to be on the safe side, put something in a red kettle or give to the humane society; it's good to remember those in need, too.:angel8:
    I always give. Especially to animals. :angel8:
  • NetGNetG Registered Users Posts: 8,116
    Nutkin wrote: »
    It gives me pleasure to have nice things. I don't have kids so I guess I have extra money to spend on myself. And I don't have a lot of "stuff" that I don't use. I have friends who would NEVER spend that money on a bag and will laugh at me. Yet they would spend it on a pile of crap for their kids or just crap in general. Stuff they'll never wear or wear once and toss it aside. I guess if it gives them pleasure to do that and makes their kids happy or themselves then that's ok too.

I'm ok with the purchase. I retract my original request. :)

Hee. I'm glad you're feeling ok about it after completing the transaction! :) I think we all have different priorities and pick different ways to spend our money. I'm simply NOT a purse person - but have friends who are. But don't try to tell me not to spend a bunch of money on anything horse related or new camera lenses!
    The pews never miss a sermon but that doesn't get them one step closer to Heaven.
    -Speckla

But at least the pews never attend yoga!
  • SpiralliSpiralli Registered Users Posts: 3,684 Curl Connoisseur
    If you can afford it, will wear it and "get your money's worth out of it" (I know that term can be interpreted differently by each of us), and you love it, I would say go for it!

I am not a handbag fan, but when I see one I like, even if it's pricey, I can justify the spend for me because it will be years before I buy another handbag and I will wear it to just before the point that it becomes shreds. :glasses7:
    Type: 3b/3c (i), below shoulder length.
    CO wash: A-O GPB LYY, Desert Essence Coconut, Oribe Silverati
    Leave-ins: Curl Junkie Beauti-Curls, KCKT, cno overnight
    Styling: BRHG, MGA Sculpting Gel, A-O Mandarin Magic Gel, LOTD AVG, LALSG, CJ Pattern Pusha
    DT: Curl Junkie Deep Fix, Briogeo Don't Despair Repair!
  • rudeechickrudeechick Registered Users Posts: 6,726
    Do you LOVE it?

Get it.
    Curls,Coils,Waves & WhatKnot:geek:
    3miii/My HGs tame bulk&frizz/Give definition w/o crunch
    My Photobucket Album
  • medussamedussa Registered Users Posts: 12,993
    Enjoy your bag!
  • RedCatWavesRedCatWaves Registered Users Posts: 31,259 Curl Connoisseur
    My last bag cost me around $300, but I've been carrying it daily for about 5 years and it's worn well and I'm still not tired of it. Buying one expensive good quality piece is often more economical than buying a dozen cheaper low quality items. If you like it, then go for it.
  • SariaSaria Registered Users Posts: 15,963
    If you can afford it, just enjoy it. :)

Heh, for years I wanted a pair of Sermoneta gloves and recently I finally got myself a pair. I paid a bit over $200 for them, and it was a little scary, but it was nice to finally have something I had wanted for so long. Besides, the ones I truly wanted wanted were over $300, so I'd say I was rather disciplined! :laughing1:

4143854465_9637e52374.jpg

Only problem is, I know I'll be back at some point. Eek! I can't resist the pretty yellow, red, and well, a bunch of other gloves!
    4143870165_2af3ab9f69.jpg

4144630442_d1b0fc4ecd.jpg

4144630880_93d5627d38.jpg
    por-que-no-te-callas.jpg
  • Jess the MessJess the Mess Registered Users Posts: 5,844 Curl Neophyte
    I own 3 coach bags and use them all. They are all about 5 years old and have worn well. The one I use the most I paid over $200 for and if you average out in money spent per year it's not much. I have been itching for a new Coach bag. A friend of mine has a gorgeous one in blue that I'm enious of. I'm holding off until I make it to a Coach outlet. It's really the way to go. You can save tons at the outlet.

Congrats on your purse. I really love it and you're right, you can get daily use out of it for sure.
    High Priestess JessMess, follower of the Goddess of the Coiling Way and Confiscator of Concoctions in the Order of the Curly Crusaders

• sariroosariroo Registered Users Posts: 1,958 Curl Neophyte
    I have a very similar style from Coach that I bought at least a year and a half ago. I love it and carry it everyday no matter what I'm wearing. It has held up wonderfully and I don't see myself buying another purse anytime soon. I don't think it is too much of a splurge if you really love it and can afford it.

I kind of have to disagree about the outlet. The purses there are sometimes not as luxurious as the ones from a non-outlet store and they don't have the more desirable styles. They have lots of cloth signature bags and some leather that are just okay IMO. Not that I haven't found nice stuff there but most of the time I'm not interested in most of what they have. But I have one close to my house and go there frequently so maybe it just isn't "new" to me.
    316vq4y.jpg
    Nutkin wrote: »
    I always give. Especially to animals. :angel8:

Bless you. :wave:
  • rouquinnerouquinne Registered Users Posts: 13,737 Curl Connoisseur
    don't feel bad about buying a handbag you love and will use. my thing is my fake jewellery - usually bigger is better - like the 12 carat canary cz ring with two trillion cuts on each side that i got myself for xmas this year!

:D
    My blog:

http://labellatestarossa.blogspot.ca/

Little Mother of all the Roaches, President-for-Life of the MAC Harlots!
  • automaticflowersautomaticflowers Registered Users Posts: 3,465
    Love that bag! I've been coveting the red version of it, but I only buy Coach from outlets or eBay. I've found some nice in-demand bags at the outlets, even though they do have a lot of factory bags not sold in the boutiques.

Anyway, nice choice! That's one of the nicest ones they currently have, IMO. Some of their new bags are just fugly.
  • Stephanie198907Stephanie198907 Registered Users Posts: 2,607 Curl Neophyte
    as long as the important stuff (rent, food, gas, etc) is out of the way than I say go for it.
    Last Relaxer: Nov. 07
    BC: May. 2010 (30 months)
    Hair Type: thick 4b/4a
    Current length: back at APL
    Goal length: hip :color:
    Staples: natural growth aides
  • curlypearlcurlypearl Registered Users Posts: 12,231 Curl Connoisseur
    I'm a handbag person and I think it's great that you bought something that will give you pleasure! From what I know about Coach bags, they are very well made, durable on the outside and practical inside. You wear a bag almost every day - think of it that way. It makes sense to spend $$$ on something you wear a lot that is both practical and beautiful.

Enjoy - enjoy!!!
    2/c Coarse hair med. density.
    Highly porous. Color over grey.
    I love all the Curl Junkie products. Still experimenting with gels and curl creams. Still hoping for 2nd day hair....
    Every day is a gift :flower:
  • VTmomVTmom Registered Users Posts: 2,487 Curl Connoisseur
    I love that bag. I have somewhat of a purse fetish, and even though I wouldn't spend that much on one, kudos to you!
    The smallest deed is greater than the grandest intention.

I am the master of my fate: I am the captain of my soul. (Invictus - William Ernest Henley)

Just think I used to worry 'bout things like that,
    Used to worry 'bout rich and skinny, 'til I wound up poor and fat,
    Nowadays I kind of worry where my mind's been at,
    Just think I used to worry 'bout things like that. (Delbert McClinton - I Used to Worry from Never Been Rocked Enough)
  • bergasaurusbergasaurus Registered Users Posts: 375
    If I'm trying to decide on a purchase, I think about it on a per-use cost...e.g. I bought a leather jacket maybe 5 years ago at 175.00; I've worn that thing for maybe 2-4 months a year, in fall and spring; divide that many wearings into $175 and it was a good buy.

If you buy something and only wear/use it a few times, it's not worth it.

For me, I buy cheaper purses because I really do have a thing for handbags, and I like to switch them out frequently. I'm also hard on them so they wear out. However, if you love it and will use it, then it's worth it.
    No cones since 08/25/09. Occasional low poo.
    Fine, normal to low porosity (still not sure which), ii, 3a/3b curls
    Playing with products: HEBE Mousse, BRHG, AOMM, HESMU. Nothing blows my mind just yet. :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

No one can make you feel inferior without your consent. - Eleanor Roosevelt

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file