Oh my god! (Paddle Brushes)

lashon20lashon20 Registered Users Posts: 1,150
I just bought a Goody Ionic Paddle Brush saturday to detangle my hair. This is one of the best hair investments I've made. This brush detangled my hair like a dream. I didn't feel like I was pulling my hair out like I do when using the comb or denman.It is way better than my wide tooth comb and denman brush.
http://mynaturalhairjourney.shutterfly.com/

Shampoos: Ion Hard Water Shampoo
Conditioners: Curl Junkie
Stylers: As I Am Smoothing Gel, Jane Carter Incredible Curls, Camille Rose Almond Jai Twisting Butter, Hairveda Whipped Gelly
Moisturizers: Camille Rose Moisture Milk, Camille Rose Fresh Curl
Leave-Ins: KBB Sweet Ambrosia
Pomades: Hairveda Almond Glaze

Comments

• NikG20NikG20 Registered Users Posts: 461 Curl Neophyte
    I love the Denman on my daughter's 4A hair and hubby's 4C hair. He even commented on how it was the first "comb" (that's what he called it) that didn't hurt his head, lol.

What does this paddle brush look like? I might have to google, lol.
    Hz5exYvWIb4
    Children's Natural Hair Care & Styling Blog:
  • ZinniaZinnia Registered Users Posts: 7,339
    Glad you found a tool that works for you!

Can you post a photo? I couldn't an ionic brush on the Goody site.
    Life shrinks or expands according to one's courage. Anais Nin
  • lashon20lashon20 Registered Users Posts: 1,150
    Picture275-vi.jpg

I had bought it at walmart

here's a link I found on the internet, click on the one called so gelous.

http://www.goody.com/Products/Styling%20Tools/Brushes/Paddle/Paddle.aspx

Stylers: As I Am Smoothing Gel, Jane Carter Incredible Curls, Camille Rose Almond Jai Twisting Butter, Hairveda Whipped Gelly
  • shakeshake Registered Users Posts: 404
    yea paddle brushes are the illest! thought i'd never use mine to detangle i love it to smooth and clump my curls in the shower with loads of condish! dream!!!!
    comic-p.jpg

http://fotki.com/shake-shake

Peace, Light, and Love
  • VersaceCrazyVersaceCrazy Registered Users Posts: 662
    I've never stopped using my paddle brush..I LUV IT! I use the silver & blk Conair one that's found at just about every drugstore..its my HG! I ALWAYS detangle with my wide tooth comb first though (my PB is used for smoothing & curl clumping).
    http://members.fotki.com/Versacecrazy/

CURL JUNKIE ZOMBIE !!!:tshirt:
  • Curly_JammyCurly_Jammy Registered Users Posts: 626
    I was just about to get a paddle brush today at traget, but was sure which to get. Thanks girls!!
    3c, fine, porous,MBL
    Pre: EVCO Poo: GTTT DC:AO GPB, TJ Nourish Spa+EVOO
    LI: Cantu Shea butter LI, YesToCarrots,(AVJ+H2O) Spritz
    Style: AVG, Eco Seal: Qp Mango & Olive oil, Shea AloeMix
  • mikosbellemikosbelle Registered Users Posts: 363
    I need to replace my paddle brush. I had the wooden one by aveda, but it did not hold up against my kinky hair. I will try this one out and see how I like it.

Thanks OP.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]4A hair type, looking for healthy hair suggestions and improved styling techniques

my hair pics:
    http://public.fotki.com/mikosbelle/
    no pw needed

Currently experimeting with: MOP TOP :smurf:

My staple product lines are Qhemet, Afroveda, Kinky-Curly, Oyin, and Curl Junkie :D

Favorite combo: Afroveda pur whipped gelly + Kinky-Curly Curling Custard:angel8:
  • msamuelsmsamuels Registered Users Posts: 113
    don't you find the little buds at the ends of the paddle brush pull at your hair? The other goody brush that is coated with Jojoba oil (can't remember the name) have straight bristles, not pulling on your strands. The only problem with that brush is that the bristles are not strong enough and don't last long (despite it's pricey :( ). But besides that that jojoba brush is the bomb!!!
    Michelle. 4a/4b,3c
    "I am more than the limits of my body...because Christ is my soul. The soul outlives the body and certainly is more powerful and impactful."
  • Kinky RhonnieKinky Rhonnie Registered Users Posts: 1,166
    msamuels wrote: »
    don't you find the little buds at the ends of the paddle brush pull at your hair? The other goody brush that is coated with Jojoba oil (can't remember the name) have straight bristles, not pulling on your strands. The only problem with that brush is that the bristles are not strong enough and don't last long (despite it's pricey :( ). But besides that that jojoba brush is the bomb!!!

The Styling Therapy add+shine is the one I had and I LOVED it. My bristles held up fine until I started reading a thread and got jinxed. lol
    IMG_2442+-+Copy+2.JPG
    Get up to $10 off your first order at http://www.iherb.com. Use discount code: CAR231.

My Blog: http://kinkyrhonnie.blogspot.com
  • Fusilli_headFusilli_head Registered Users Posts: 58
    My first brush detangle (I was desperately seeking something other than a wide tooth comb) was with a paddle brush like that. It worked much better than my comb, but those little buds on the end of the bristles tangle in my hair really bad. I have to pop them off with a razor, but even then I prefer my denman.
    HG Moisturizers: Raw unrefined whipped shea butter, shealoe, whipped cocoa butter, Oyin's Burnt Sugar Pomade, Oyin's Whipped Pudding, Curls Whipped Cream, Curls Milkshake

HG Conditioners: GVP Balm, HEHH, GVP Detangler

HG Cleansers: Still looking! (but I'm eyeing that Honey Wash)

HG Leave Ins: None yet, but I have a few to try.

HG Deep Treatments: I've tried a few but nothing has wowed me yet, suggestions are welcome!
  • spundunspundun Registered Users Posts: 12
    lashon20 wrote: »
    I just bought a Goody Ionic Paddle Brush saturday to detangle my hair.
    I looked at the Goody website's Paddle Brush section,

There is no Ionic brush. The only ionic brush is a vent brush.

Any idea what brush the OP is talking about?
  • lashon20lashon20 Registered Users Posts: 1,150
    spundun wrote: »
    lashon20 wrote: »
    I just bought a Goody Ionic Paddle Brush saturday to detangle my hair.
    I looked at the Goody website's Paddle Brush section,

There is no Ionic brush. The only ionic brush is a vent brush.

Any idea what brush the OP is talking about?

On the tag that comes on the brush it says ionic. If you read the description on the site, it says ion infused.

• EkaetteEkaette Registered Users Posts: 356
    I saw that same exact brush in the store today. I will not go back and get it... I will not go back and get it... I will not go back and get it...
    event.png

4b natural
  • The New BlackThe New Black Registered Users Posts: 16,754 Curl Connoisseur
    NikG20 wrote: »
    I love the Denman on my daughter's 4A hair and hubby's 4C hair. He even commented on how it was the first "comb" (that's what he called it) that didn't hurt his head, lol.

What's 4C hair?
    montage-3.gif No MAS.

I am the new Black.

"Hope the Mail are saving space tomorrow for Samantha Brick's reaction piece on the reactions to her piece about the reactions to her piece." ~ Tweet reposted by Rou.
  • breezybabybreezybaby Registered Users Posts: 347
    Love paddle brushes!
    I don't know why some people tell women with curly hair never to use them. That just shows me not everyone knows what they are talking about

You don't need an expensive one either. I find that Scunci makes that best brushes.
    3a/3b/3c hair all on one head :thumright:

public.fotki.com/breezybaby
    youtube.com/joyfulbree

Staples (used in many ways):
    Coconut milk
    Castor oil
    Coconut oil
    Honey
    Shea butter
  • SugarNutsSugarNuts Registered Users Posts: 250
    Phoenix wrote: »
    NikG20 wrote: »

What's 4C hair?

There's a discussion on the 4b forum about that hair type. Basicallly, individuals believe that type 4 hair doesn't stop at a and b. There is also c and d.

http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/showthread.php?t=93771
    Hair Type: 4a/4b Combo
    Last Relaxer: May/June 2008
    Big Chop: N/A
    http://members.fotki.com/SugarNuts (1/31)
    Detangle/Co-Wash: VO5 Freesia or Green Tea
    Shampoo: White Vinegar

Deep Con. Treat.: Aussie 3-min. & Olive Oil
    Final Wash: Nexxus Humectress
    Moist. Spritz: Glycerin, Water, Proclaim 7-Olive Oil, Suave Extreme Leave-In

age.png
  • TiggileneTiggilene Registered Users Posts: 232
    Ekaette wrote: »
    I saw that same exact brush in the store today. I will not go back and get it... I will not go back and get it... I will not go back and get it...

+1

except y'all know how impressionable I am...

and the sun's still out...

:iroc:
  • hippychichippychic Registered Users Posts: 4,673 Curl Neophyte
    OMG! lashon thank you so much! i have an 'annie' paddle brush i bought from the bss. my daughter uses it to wrap her hair. i decided to try it and fell in love. no tangles, no sore scalp, no hair ripped from the root. it detangled my hair like a dream. i was able to braid my hair effortlessly. worked 1000% better than denman or any comb for my hair.

:flower:
    LOIS (OS); cottony, TYPE 4 hair, fine/med strands; no cones bcz my hair hates them; last relaxer '98; now low porosity:?, ignores most natural hair rules; BC #8

faves: suave, v05 shampoo, conditioner (my own), raw shea butter, castor oil, peanut oil, aloe juice
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • The New BlackThe New Black Registered Users Posts: 16,754 Curl Connoisseur
    Hmmm...maybe I should try this paddle brush. I gave my Denman another go and it worked well for clumping.
    montage-3.gif No MAS.

I am the new Black.

"Hope the Mail are saving space tomorrow for Samantha Brick's reaction piece on the reactions to her piece about the reactions to her piece." ~ Tweet reposted by Rou.
  • violetmauvevioletmauve Registered Users Posts: 177
    msamuels wrote: »

The Styling Therapy add+shine is the one I had and I LOVED it. My bristles held up fine until I started reading a thread and got jinxed. lol

I always wondered if they had defective brushes. I used goody styling jojoba paddle brush and never broke off any bristles while detangling. The brush is old and the bristles are still intact.

I haven't used it in a while though and need to replace it.
  • curlyminmincurlyminmin Registered Users Posts: 55
    I love my Annie Paddle Brush! I got it on a whim @Lee Beauty Supply. It smooths, softens and detangles my curls. It also elongates and enhances my curl pattern. I make sure my hair is damp and full of product and take my time brushing from the ends up to my crown. If I had to say that any item was my HG this would be it :)
    Cleanse: TRESemme Naturals
    Condition: Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Rose+Oils
    Moisturize: Alaffia Beautiful Curls:Curl Enhancing Leave-In+Jojoba Oil
    Seal: Apricot Kernel, Jojoba, EVOO, EVAO, Rosehip Seed, Rosemary
    Style: Kinky-Curly Curling Custard, KMS California Curl Control Creme
  • Jo SomebodyJo Somebody Registered Users Posts: 1,578 Curl Neophyte
    Paddle brush??? *clutches at chest* *backs away in fear*
    My hair is in the 4s, low in porosity, high in density and coarse. :happy6:

Love: QB - all of it, Bobeam - shampoo bars, Darcy's Botanicals - Pumpkin Seed Conditioner, Coconut Cupuacu Pomade, KBN - Shealoe Leave-in, Oyin - Juices & Berries, Kinky Curly - Knot Today, Ayurvedic treatments, my Denman and the cloud of kinky goodness on my head that I get to play with! :love8:
  • MojoDojoMojoDojo Registered Users Posts: 702 Curl Neophyte

I have to admit, that was my reaction too. My hair does not like brushes of any type. Though I have not used one in at least 6 years.... lol
    I AM THE NEANDERTHAL SLAYER!!!
  • curlyminmincurlyminmin Registered Users Posts: 55
    Before buying mine, I would have ran for the hills!

This is the brush I got, #2204
    http://www.blackhairspray.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/9c6c0770fcd0203874e8446bb0644fb5/ANNIE2204-2.jpg
    Cleanse: TRESemme Naturals
    Condition: Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Rose+Oils
    Moisturize: Alaffia Beautiful Curls:Curl Enhancing Leave-In+Jojoba Oil
    Seal: Apricot Kernel, Jojoba, EVOO, EVAO, Rosehip Seed, Rosemary
    Style: Kinky-Curly Curling Custard, KMS California Curl Control Creme
  • soleilmoncursoleilmoncur Registered Users Posts: 1,194

Lol! I'm not a bandwagon jumper but this is a gotta try for everyone. I don't touch a comb anymore and my detangling time has been cut in half or even more(no joke).

I don't buy specific brushes either and my newest brush is a no-name from Sally's that I got for less than $3. It's still amazing and my hair is thriving. Give it a shot!
    3c/4aish, high porosity, fine strands,medium density cottony curls.

LOVES: (editing)

Save $10
    off your order at Vitacost by clicking here for a code.

I'm not obsessed: I just LOVE my hair!!

event.png

um_no-vi.gif

• Jo SomebodyJo Somebody Registered Users Posts: 1,578 Curl Neophyte
    Anyone used the Denman? How does it compare to that?
    My hair is in the 4s, low in porosity, high in density and coarse. :happy6:

Love: QB - all of it, Bobeam - shampoo bars, Darcy's Botanicals - Pumpkin Seed Conditioner, Coconut Cupuacu Pomade, KBN - Shealoe Leave-in, Oyin - Juices & Berries, Kinky Curly - Knot Today, Ayurvedic treatments, my Denman and the cloud of kinky goodness on my head that I get to play with! :love8:
  • hippychichippychic Registered Users Posts: 4,673 Curl Neophyte
    i revisited my annie paddlebrush! i had forgotten all about it. i had the quickest, easiest detangling session after removing my braids. it's amazing how these threads bring things back to your remembrance!:blob4:
    LOIS (OS); cottony, TYPE 4 hair, fine/med strands; no cones bcz my hair hates them; last relaxer '98; now low porosity:?, ignores most natural hair rules; BC #8

faves: suave, v05 shampoo, conditioner (my own), raw shea butter, castor oil, peanut oil, aloe juice
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • cysycacysyca Registered Users Posts: 362
    I'm going to Walmart to buy me a paddle brush cause I really need help detangling my hair. Thanks for the recommendation & will let you know how it works out. 

Sent from my iPhone using CurlTalk
    Live For Today!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file