Moisturising Body Mist?

I've been using The Body Shop Brazil Nut Dry Oil Mist for Dry Skin. Since it's running out, it's expensive and I think they discontinued it, I'm trying to make my own Body Mist to use as a moisturiser. Here's what I've been thinking of using:
-3 tbs of Melted Coconut Oil
-1 tbs of EVOO
- Some kind of essential oil for fragrance similar to the yummy brazil nut. Vanilla, maybe?
-A little bit of distilled water

I have a couple questions.

-Will I need preservative (grapefruit seed extract) for longer shelf life or not? (I'm using distilled water, not tap water, if that helps) If so, how many drops?

-What other oils available can you recommend that are good for your skin that I can use?

-Should I use the vanilla essential oil if I want a similar fragrance to brazil nut? Or are there even more similar fragrances out there?

-How many drops of essential oil should I use?

Thank you in advance! x
~ BIG *sexy* CURLS ~
~~~
Conditioner/Co-wash/Leave-in: Garnier Fructis Nutri Repair/Organic Instinct
Styler: Garnier Fructis 24-H
~~~

Comments

• AlannahAngelAlannahAngel Posts: 529Registered Users
    I have watched some YouTube videos about facial sprays and I think I will stick with the above recipe. I will probably use 8-10 drops of vanilla essential oil since I love the scent but I also might experiment with different fragrances too. I found out that you do not need preservative if you use distilled water (which is what I thought). Now my goal from now on is to come up with something as luscious as the Brazil Nut Mist..............w/o the price tag :D x

Btw I should keep my mouth shut and do my research before I start new threads :\ Why does useful info always come up later and not sooner? lol
    ~ BIG *sexy* CURLS ~
    ~~~
    Conditioner/Co-wash/Leave-in: Garnier Fructis Nutri Repair/Organic Instinct
    Styler: Garnier Fructis 24-H
    ~~~

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file