Oh shrek, I love you so

MysticSpiralMysticSpiral Registered Users Posts: 1,024
I decided to indulge my inner toddler and watch Shrek, the first one, on TV. I love this movie, especially since the princess was changed into an orge, even though everyone thought that was ugly. Princess Fiona kicks a**.

What's your favorite children's movie?
Lady Fand of the Joy Filled Summer Skys in the Order of the Curly Crusaders!
KNEEL BEFORE ZOD!

Comments

• juicyfruitjuicyfruit Registered Users Posts: 751
    Toy Story, The Little Mermaid, Beauty and the Beast.
  • SystemSystem Posts: 39,060 Administrator
    Snow White
  • MysticSpiralMysticSpiral Registered Users Posts: 1,024
    juicyfruit wrote: »
    Toy Story, The Little Mermaid, Beauty and the Beast.
    I love shrek, but Beauty and the Beast is my favorite movie. I loved Belle, because she had brown curly hair like me, and read all the time.
    Lady Fand of the Joy Filled Summer Skys in the Order of the Curly Crusaders!
    KNEEL BEFORE ZOD!
  • CurlyinColoradoCurlyinColorado Registered Users Posts: 3,093
    I'm a big fan of Bolt.
    2b/3a.
  • irociroc Registered Users Posts: 7,890 Curl Neophyte
    They did a Shrek performance at the Macy's Thanksgiving parade - I guess there's a Shrek show going on. They did such a great job. It looked so fun!

It so made me want to watch Shrek again! I agree, great movie!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Stephanie198907Stephanie198907 Registered Users Posts: 2,607 Curl Neophyte
    Toy Story, Pinocchio, Ratatouille, and soon to be the Princess and the Frog movie. the alligator is hilarious!
    Last Relaxer: Nov. 07
    BC: May. 2010 (30 months)
    Hair Type: thick 4b/4a
    Current length: back at APL
    Goal length: hip :color:
    Staples: natural growth aides
    Toy Story, Pinocchio, Ratatouille, and soon to be the Princess and the Frog movie. the alligator is hilarious!

My daughter is SO into that movie. She can't WAIT for it to come out!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • shorticurlzshorticurlz Registered Users Posts: 1,056
    I always loved Beauty and the Beast, but there is something off about Belle falling for her moody semi abusive captor...not sure what kind of lessons I want my little nieces learning from that :-?

Shrek is great, as is the Emperor's New Groove. Oh and of course the Lion King :pirate:
    Fine, very porous 3a
    Boycotting all brands owned by L'oreal
    curliMD wrote: »
    I always loved Beauty and the Beast, but there is something off about Belle falling for her moody semi abusive captor...not sure what kind of lessons I want my little nieces learning from that :-?

Shrek is great, as is the Emperor's New Groove. Oh and of course the Lion King :pirate:

No, she fell for the unexpected, unpredictable guy ,who had a heart of gold underneath his scary exterior. She turns down the sexist, chauvenistic, yet good looking and desirable man who WANTS to marry her, for the sweet guy with a nice personality, even though it would not be accepted in society.

Seems like a great lesson for young girls to learn.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SarcasmIsBeautySarcasmIsBeauty Registered Users Posts: 5,640
    I can't believe no one has mentioned Aladdin!!! I luurrvveee that movie. Beauty & the Beast, Toy Story, the Little Mermaid.

Was Finding Nemo a Disney movie or Pixar? Either way I looooovveeeee finding Nemo, I'm sooo like Dorie it's pretty funny.
    Turtles: omg please don't put that in your moo moo

Nej: too late... moo moo has been infiltrated.
  • MichelleBFTMichelleBFT Registered Users Posts: 4,812
    I'm a Lion King kinda gal, myself. But that's just my favorite Disney movie. I loved Monsters Inc.
    "And politically correct is the worst term, not just because it’s dismissive, but because it narrows down the whole social justice spectrum to this idea that it’s about being polite instead of about dismantling the oppressive social structure of power.
    Fun Fact: When you actively avoid being “PC,” you’re not being forward-thinking or unique. You’re buying into systems of oppression that have existed since before you were even born, and you’re keeping those systems in place."
    Stolen.
  • kenzie!kenzie! Registered Users Posts: 5,055
    I can't believe no one has mentioned Aladdin!!! I luurrvveee that movie. Beauty & the Beast, Toy Story, the Little Mermaid.

Was Finding Nemo a Disney movie or Pixar? Either way I looooovveeeee finding Nemo, I'm sooo like Dorie it's pretty funny.

Nemo is Disney/Pixar. They have some kinda deal going on where they only operate together.

I pretty much LOVE anything with made by Disney....All of the princess movies, Aladdin, The Lion King, Cars (vroom!), Monsters Inc., the list goes on and on and on.....:laughing5:
    Rock Chalk Baby!! If you aren't from Kansas, you just won't understand!

Dame Kenz Matilda Jayhawk-Rocksalt, heir to the family diamonds.
    Monsters Inc is great. My girls won't watch it often b/c they say it scares them.

Finding Nemo is definitely one of my favorites. I can watch that one anyday.

Disney movies are great.

I love Tarzan, 101 Dalmations, the Sword in the Stone, The Little Mermaid,
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • medussamedussa Registered Users Posts: 12,993
    Hands down, Finding Nemo.:nemo:
  • SarcasmIsBeautySarcasmIsBeauty Registered Users Posts: 5,640
    I'm a Lion King kinda gal, myself. But that's just my favorite Disney movie. I loved Monsters Inc.

Ha I can't believe I forgot the bolded! I love Lion King. One of my fav. parts is where Pumbaa & Timon are singing a song about bacon :)
    Turtles: omg please don't put that in your moo moo

Nej: too late... moo moo has been infiltrated.
  • CurlyHairedFarmerCurlyHairedFarmer Registered Users Posts: 3,079 Curl Connoisseur
    Aladdin! Love, love, love this movie.

I also am a fan of

Cinderella (My little boy cat is named after Gus Gus)
    Bolt
    Beauty and the Beast
    Finding Nemo
    Currently Loving:
    Shampoo: Giovanni 50:50

Conditioners - CJ Strengthening, CJ Beauticurls Argan and Olive Oil, CJ Rehab, CJ Curl Fix

Leave-in: CJ Smoothing

Deep Conditioner: CJ Hibiscus and Banana Deep Fix

Stylers - Tigi Curls Rock Amplifier, AG:Recoil, KCCC, Mop-C Curling Cream, Paul Mitchell Sculpting foam
  • kenzie!kenzie! Registered Users Posts: 5,055
    Aladdin! Love, love, love this movie.

I also am a fan of

Cinderella (My little boy cat is named after Gus Gus)
    Bolt
    Beauty and the Beast
    Finding Nemo

I have a stuffed dog I've had since i was a year and a half old and he was named Gus Gus after the mouse!! He is the same color as Gus Gus and hes a rather pudgy stuffed doggie....:happy10:
    Rock Chalk Baby!! If you aren't from Kansas, you just won't understand!

Dame Kenz Matilda Jayhawk-Rocksalt, heir to the family diamonds.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file