RCW- Copper Peptides

alisons79alisons79 Posts: 680Registered Users
After reading the thread about the 50% off PSF, I was looking at their copper peptides.

Are they any good? If I choose to get some, how would I use it in my routine?

This is my current routine:

AM:
PSF GCC
5% BHA
DMAE on eye area only
Vit. C
HA/Emu oil

PM:
PSF GCC
Retin A

I switch between .05 and .1 Retin A every other night because otherwise the .1 seems to be too much.

Thanks in advance! :)
3A/3B
I love Jessicurl HCC, Jessicurl Too Shea, KCKT, KCCC, CK and HESMU...but it took a LOT of trial error to get to these products that consistently work for ME.

Comments

• RedCatWavesRedCatWaves Posts: 31,259Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I haven't used PSF's CP's. I've only used Skin Biology CP, which I get from DianaYvonne.com. I like to use CP right after Retin-A, because CP is a collegen builder and helps to decrease dryness and peeling from Retin-A. Retin-A turns over the skin cells faster, and CP's build them back faster. They're really a match made in heaven. I only use CP in the winter months though. I seem to need the extra exfoliation of Retin-A without CP's in the summer months.
  • alisons79alisons79 Posts: 680Registered Users
    Which product do you use? I see several and not all of them say SkinBiology on them.

Does applying CP's over Retin-A make the Retin-A less effective?

I guess what I'm asking is, will the two products wind up mixing and negate some of the effects of the Retin-A?

Thanks again! :)
    3A/3B
    I love Jessicurl HCC, Jessicurl Too Shea, KCKT, KCCC, CK and HESMU...but it took a LOT of trial error to get to these products that consistently work for ME.
    Also, to apply, do you mix with Emu oil or straight?

I see that they have sets where you can purchase CP's with Exfol Serum or LacSal Serum...are those any good? is one better than the other? How are they supposed to be used together to get the most benefit?

What would you recommend (product and method of application) to someone new to CP's? I read that there can be some irritation so I'd obviously like to avoid that.

TIA! :)
    3A/3B
  • RedCatWavesRedCatWaves Posts: 31,259Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I use Super CP Serum. It doesn't negate the effects of Retin-A. I apply CP right over the top of Retin-A at night, no waiting. I don't mix with emu or anything, as I haven't needed moisturization in a very long time. You could if you wanted to though. The CP is enough of a moisturizer for me. I don't get any irritation from CP. Never have. My skin loves it. There is a newer second generation CP from Skin Biology, but it's 4 times the price and I just haven't wanted to try it since I like Super CP Serum so much.

You don't need any LacSal or Exfol (they're salicylic acids) with CP, unless you feel you need more exfoliation.
    Okay, thanks! As always, very helpful info! :)
    3A/3B

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file