Cottage cheese?

paulahhpaulahh Posts: 16Registered Users
I'm *trying* to acquire a taste for it. It seems bland enough to be able to be versatile, but I already loathe it with/on fruit. (Actually I hate most fruit)

If you put it into a blender, will it smooth out?

Does anyone have any good dip recipes using cottage cheese? I'd rather try eating it as a savory versus sweet, with veggies, crackers, and tortilla chips as dippers.

Thanks in advance.
"He who laughs last...thinks slowest."

"If you don't get in the kitchen and bake your Grandmama's celebrated cushaw pie, who will?"

Comments

• SoutherncurlsSoutherncurls Posts: 11Registered Users
    RBA, I loooove cottage cheese. I can eat it every single day and never get tired of it. I put it on everything: toasts, scrambled eggs, steamed vegetables, rice crackers, even fresh fruit. I use the 1%fat kind.
  • CurlyCanadianCurlyCanadian Posts: 10,904Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Connoisseur
    Really yummy on toasted whole wheat bread with chopped chives on top!

Is there a reason that your trying to eat it? If your trying to get the protein or something from it, why not add it too a drink. It must go pretty smooth in the blender. Thinking of that, I wonder if it would break down to the consistency of sour cream? Probably a little thinker, but then you add anything and make dips! Ewww, taco seasoning would be good with trtilla chips!!

OK, now you got me thinking, I'm off to experiment icon_biggrin.gif
    I believe in manicures. I believe in overdressing. I believe in primping at leisure and wearing lipstick. I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles.
    Audrey Hepburn
  • SoutherncurlsSoutherncurls Posts: 11Registered Users
    Well, I try to eat healthy, low carbs, low calories. And I happen to love the taste and consistency of this cheese. It's got protein and calcium and since I need to watch cholesterol I use the fat free or the 1%. Women need to eat some fat to keep healthy hormone levels though.
    I'm not very friends of drinks, you get a lot more satisfied eating the same thing and burn more calories in the chewing and digestion process. Besides, you have the tendency of getting more food if you liquidify it.
    It's like drinking orange juice: A good size glass or orange juice takes like 3 oranges but if you eat the fruit you'll get the fiber and one or maybe 2 will satisfy your appetite for longer. icon_wink.gif
  • astro curlastro curl Posts: 2Registered Users
    ON TOAST WITH CINNAMON SUGAR AND BROIL IT FOR 30 SECONDS WATCH IT SO IT WILL NOT BURN.
    DRAIN THE COTTAGE CHEESE SO IT WILL NOT BE RUNNY.
  • Curly Girl FlaCurly Girl Fla Posts: 1,834Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Mixed with roasted/salted sunflower seeds and/or pepper, chives....yummy!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file