clarisonic vs. clarisonic mia

VTmomVTmom Posts: 2,487Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
pros? cons? by all means, please chime in.
The smallest deed is greater than the grandest intention.

I am the master of my fate: I am the captain of my soul. (Invictus - William Ernest Henley)

Just think I used to worry 'bout things like that,
Used to worry 'bout rich and skinny, 'til I wound up poor and fat,
Nowadays I kind of worry where my mind's been at,
Just think I used to worry 'bout things like that. (Delbert McClinton - I Used to Worry from Never Been Rocked Enough)

Comments

• SpiralliSpiralli Posts: 3,684Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I recently bought the Mia during Sephora F&F and I love it. Even if I had the original/classic Clarisonic, I would probably only use one speed anyway, so I don't care about not having 2 speeds. I like the smaller handle size because I have small hands, and I read that the Mia is lighter weight. The charger is pretty cool too, since I don't like adding more stuff to my counter top than necessary. The Mia does not beep to let you know to change cleaning "zones" but that doesn't bother me either. I run it for 2 1-minute cycles so I just move along my face as I feel I need to. Also, I liked saving $50+ with the Mia versus the price tag on the orginal/classic.
    Type: 3b/3c (i), below shoulder length.
    CO wash: A-O GPB LYY, Desert Essence Coconut, Oribe Silverati
    Leave-ins: Curl Junkie Beauti-Curls, KCKT, cno overnight
    Styling: BRHG, MGA Sculpting Gel, A-O Mandarin Magic Gel, LOTD AVG, LALSG, CJ Pattern Pusha
    DT: Curl Junkie Deep Fix, Briogeo Don't Despair Repair!
  • VTmomVTmom Posts: 2,487Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I've been interested in getting something like this for a while. I've thought about the pretika and the clarisonic. Some say the pretika brush is a little harsh, which worries me, and the other thing is, I've recently recovered from an horrendous breakout. Actually, the last year or so has really been awful. Now that my skin is actually looking fairly good, I'm afraid to mess with it. But I have a $40 off coupon from skincarerx, so I should be able to get it for $109 - not a bad deal. Like you, I don't really care about having 2 speeds or about the beeping - I can count, so I can figure out when 2 minutes is over. I'm glad you love yours, even though it makes my decision that much more difficult. :scratch: Thanks for the input!

I am the master of my fate: I am the captain of my soul. (Invictus - William Ernest Henley)

Just think I used to worry 'bout things like that. (Delbert McClinton - I Used to Worry from Never Been Rocked Enough)
    just bought the mia today...can't wait to get it...I decided it was a Christmas present from DH :)

Great! Let us know how you like yours. I love using mine; even with just 1-2x per week usage, I can definitely tell a difference in my skin -- I think that's just enough for me to benefit without overdoing.
    Styling: BRHG, MGA Sculpting Gel, A-O Mandarin Magic Gel, LOTD AVG, LALSG, CJ Pattern Pusha
  • pandoraspoxxpandoraspoxx Posts: 248Registered Users
    I just ordered mine from qvc.com. they guaranteed delivery by 12.24.09. I can't wait..Finally i can have nice looking skin..this past year has been horrendous to my skin.
    ^^^Mine came from QVC today...I'm soo excited, but DH is making me wait 'til Christmas before I actually use it - the scrooge! :) I am charging it though so it'll be ready to go!

curls2grow...do you put your cleanser on your face or on the brush head? also, are the brush heads for the mia and the regular one the same?

pandora...let me know if you like yours!

VTmom wrote: »
    curls2grow...do you put your cleanser on your face or on the brush head? also, are the brush heads for the mia and the regular one the same?
    Good that you are charging it ahead of time. Mine seemed like it took forever to charge initially, prob due to anticipation. :) I wet my face and apply some cleanser to my face on all of the areas, then I put more cleanser in my palm and dab the brush head into it. It's not too much cleanser that way for me, believe it or not. Right now I am using the Clarisonic cleanser that came with it and I don't notice any adverse reactions to it for me. I won't buy that cleanser though when I run out (too 'spensive, IMO). Yes, the brush heads (delicate/blue, sensitive/white, regular/gray) for the Mia and the regular Clarisonic are the same. I hope you love yours as much as I do mine!
    What kind of cleanser do you use? I really like my PSF green tea cleansing milk, but I don't love the way it works with the mia - it's too lotion-y. I've also used my boots sensitive gentle cleansing wash, which is more like a mousse, and that seems to work better. Any suggestions?

ETA: forgot to say I really love it so far...just trying to work the wrinkles out!

I'm using the Clarisonic Hydro-something gel cleanser that came with my Mia. A lot of people don't like the Clarisonic cleansers, but I figured for free it was worth a try. It's been OK for me; I will use up the little tube and then move on to Philosophy Purity (also have samples of that and read that a lot of people like that with their Clarisonic), and then possibly Cetaphil if I am still needing to try another option after Purity is gone.

The Clarisonic gel cleanser has sort of a lotiony consistency to it, IMO. I don't mind it. Feels like the brush is gliding over my skin, sort of. I won't purchase this cleanser -- too pricey when there seems to be other good options for less cost.
  • pandoraspoxxpandoraspoxx Posts: 248Registered Users
    I use Wen Tea Tree Cleansing cream or Alaffia Shea butter cleansing milk or Hibiscus Cleansing Milk or Erno Laslo mud soap with my clarisonic mia. I want to try Purity Made Simple.
    I also have the PSF gentle cleansing castile. I've been using that lately w/the mia and it seems to work well. I had switched to the green tea cleansing milk b/c the castile was a bit drying in the winter, but the mia does such a good job of eliminating flakes, that I seem less dry. So I'll probably stick w/that for a while.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file