Its a damn shame to have this much hate for your hair

MslizziaMslizzia Registered Users Posts: 600
lacefrontbaby500.jpglacefrontbabe500.jpg

So the mother of this child did this to her and she says “It’s never too early for my baby to start looking glamorous like Beyonce! :protest:angry9:

The mom said she had the wig custom made with human hair to match her own lacefront. “I wouldn’t be caught dead without my lacefront and my baby won’t either!” she wrote.

Found this here. Sandra Rose

Ok so i know that i was ignorant of what my hair was capable of until recent years but damn! Thas a baby! How hard is it to do an INFANTS hair?

I really think this mother is taking this whole "straight hair is beautiful" thing to a whole new level. THAS A BABY!

I am actually really angry9::cwm10: about this right nah yall but i had to share it.

Comments

• NikG20NikG20 Registered Users Posts: 461 Curl Neophyte
    The pictures don't show, but I know exactly what you're talking about. It's ridiculous, I couldn't believe it.:-(
    Hz5exYvWIb4
    Children's Natural Hair Care & Styling Blog:
  • CerendipityCerendipity Registered Users Posts: 5,091 Curl Novice
    Im over here with my mouth open. Thats a man holding the baby too, what in the hades is going on???
  • MrsComboCurlzMrsComboCurlz Registered Users Posts: 625
    Yeah, ppl CRAZY chile...this is why the youth of today don't luv who they truelly are (whether dark/light skin, straight/kinky hair) because they're taught NOT to luv themselves from very early...
    Ignorance is bliss...
    *Cleanse: BoBeam, Giovanni Tea-Tree
    *Rinse Cond: Herbal Essence HH
    *Deep Cond: Deity America (green tub), CRN Algae Hair Mask
    *Leave-in's: Soultanicals, Pura Body Naturals, Alikay Naturals Lemon-grass spritz
    *Twisting: Obia Naturals TWB, PBN Cupuacu Butter, Camille Rose
    *Treatment: Henna/Amla/Cassia/Brahmi
    * LCSO Method
  • CammybCammyb Registered Users Posts: 576 Curl Neophyte
    When I first viewed the picture a few days ago I thought it was some sort of weird joke so I showed my husband and he was horrified. Words don't even express how I feel about anybody who would do that to there baby.
    uXBum4.png

"There’s just an certain aura a woman exudes when she has natural hair. She walks differently. Her swag is on full tilt. There’s a sense of confidence and je ne sais quoi that emanates from her spirit. Whatever it is it’s sexy as all hell and turns me on" -Anslem Samuel
    www.fotki.com/1cammyb
    www.piinkcamellias.blogspot.com
    www.youtube.com/1cammyb
  • subbrocksubbrock Registered Users Posts: 8,212
    when i first saw the pics a few days ago, i thought it was one of those just for fun things (kind of like the high heels for babies) and im still hoping it is. i pray nobody puts a wig on that sweet baby each day.
    this was my favorite line from that blog:

Awww, she’s a cutie. Normally I would frown on this sort of thing. But I try to keep an open mind and remember that hoodrats raise their children differently and I can’t knock their unconventional child rearing methods just because I don’t understand them.
  • Fusilli_headFusilli_head Registered Users Posts: 58
    I don't even know what to say to this. I think someone needs to talk to the manufacturer of this wig because they had to know that it was for a child. No adult has a head that small. I hope they lose business over this.
    HG Moisturizers: Raw unrefined whipped shea butter, shealoe, whipped cocoa butter, Oyin's Burnt Sugar Pomade, Oyin's Whipped Pudding, Curls Whipped Cream, Curls Milkshake

HG Conditioners: GVP Balm, HEHH, GVP Detangler

HG Cleansers: Still looking! (but I'm eyeing that Honey Wash)

HG Leave Ins: None yet, but I have a few to try.

HG Deep Treatments: I've tried a few but nothing has wowed me yet, suggestions are welcome!
  • *Marah**Marah* Registered Users Posts: 8,032 Curl Neophyte
    Wish I could say I am totally shocked and floored.. but I am not. People do all sorts of odd and wacky things to children because they can. It's pretty pathetic.

What need does this child have for a lace front wig or any wig for that matter ? It's a baby. And what if the baby is sleeping..that rat's nest gets caught around her throat or she simply suffocates because the thing is to much. Then what ?

And that thing looks glued down or like it has adhesive on it. If it does...the babies hairline will have a heck of time growing.

I don't understand and never will understand why people feel the need to do the most stupid, horrid, ridiculous, and absolute shameful things to children.

Poor baby.. :cwm10:
    tumblr_m9jonzYZmu1re7hjjo1_250.jpg
  • CoilsKinksCurlsCoilsKinksCurls Registered Users Posts: 418
    OMG!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Check Out my YouTube Channel:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/CoilsKinksCurls

Hair Type: 4a

It's not bad being a product junkie, when it benefits someone else!
    Don't like it, just keep walkin!!
    :walk:
  • Night_StarNight_Star Registered Users Posts: 6
    That is a bit much a baby that young with that long hair or even wearing a hair piece at all. The baby does not look glamorous the kid looks upset like she knows her mother is tripping. :munky2:
  • LhoreSpencerLhoreSpencer Registered Users Posts: 474
    subbrock wrote: »
    when i first saw the pics a few days ago, i thought it was one of those just for fun things (kind of like the high heels for babies) and im still hoping it is. i pray nobody puts a wig on that sweet baby each day.

Awww, she’s a cutie. Normally I would frown on this sort of thing. But I try to keep an open mind and remember that hoodrats raise their children differently and I can’t knock their unconventional child rearing methods just because I don’t understand them.

My favorite comment is the bolded as well... :sad3:
    FdQlm4.png
    Falling deeper and deeper and deeper in :love4: with my beautiful mixture of springy, tight coils and super duper kinks.

*SIGH* Alas, I've come to accept my shrinkage and fairy knots :angry7:

There are no magic potions, concoctions, elixirs, or pills for hair growth, weight loss, or financial independence... so stop looking for a quick fix!!!
  • QVCDivaQVCDiva Registered Users Posts: 1,329

+1
    Last Relaxer: 09/19/08
    BC: 01/30/09
    Misc: 1st time going natural was '94-'98; 2nd time - '99-2003; This time I will not go back to relaxers.
    http://public.fotki.com/QVCDiva/
  • MslizziaMslizzia Registered Users Posts: 600
    QVCDiva wrote: »

+1
    +2
  • NayaNaya Registered Users Posts: 922
    I'm not as shocked as I wish I was. What a ridiculous thing to do... That baby can't even hold her head up. And her mom has glued some thick hot mess to her head?

Now I know if I wear a wig, braids.. whatever.. it makes my head hot and eventually itchy.. What if the baby is having the same results? She can't tell anyone she's cranky because her head itches.. then the yelling and beatings will probably commence.

Some people....
    BC: May 2008
    Hair Type:
    3C/4A mix I think
    http://members.fotki.com/RizadaMinicana
    Not Updated D:

Vegan-ish

s-event.png
  • hippychichippychic Registered Users Posts: 4,673 Curl Neophyte
    OMG!!!!!! is that some kind of cruel joke... lacefront on a baby :confused:
    LOIS (OS); cottony, TYPE 4 hair, fine/med strands; no cones bcz my hair hates them; last relaxer '98; now low porosity:?, ignores most natural hair rules; BC #8

faves: suave, v05 shampoo, conditioner (my own), raw shea butter, castor oil, peanut oil, aloe juice
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • multicultcurlymulticultcurly Registered Users Posts: 5,136 Curl Connoisseur
    That is horrible. For one thing, no baby has hair that long when born. Also, doesn't adhesive interfere with the baby's soft spot on her head? I wonder if the parents will bring the baby into the usual medical check ups. Can you imagine the nurse and doctor's faces? Someone will call CPS on the parents because they're interfering with the child's normal growth process. I feel so sad for the child to have such stupid parents.
    3b/c, medium-coarse, low porosity, high density
    HG: Jessicurl Too Shea and Kinky Curly Curling Custard
    Shampoo: nonsulfate shampoo and Suave Naturals sulfate shampoo when needed
  • newbraidernewbraider Registered Users Posts: 207
    "Update:

A loyal reader sent in this poem in honor of the lacefront baby.

Dear Lord,
    I’m saying this prayer to you today,
    Please help me get away.
    The parents you gave [me] were rejected by you,
    I came out the womb with no clue.
    You created me grand,
    Tiny and precious and not in command.
    These pictures will live in infamy,
    A pretty baby made to look ugly.
    My mommy and daddy are too stupid to know,
    That my hair will eventually grow.
    Dear Lord, Please help me leave.
    My idiot parents gave me a weave.

Composed by Tracy Mendoza"

Those pictures were nuts.
    Hair type - 4b :: Current Length - Zilch inches
    Umpteenth (+1) big chop - December 5, 2011
    Weight loss goal tracker :: Lost 12 pounds
  • kalanekalane Registered Users Posts: 424
    That is horrible. For one thing, no baby has hair that long when born. Also, doesn't adhesive interfere with the baby's soft spot on her head? I wonder if the parents will bring the baby into the usual medical check ups. Can you imagine the nurse and doctor's faces? Someone will call CPS on the parents because they're interfering with the child's normal growth process. I feel so sad for the child to have such stupid parents.

I don't know much about babies or children of any age, but it just seems like having that wig adhesive all around this child's head is a BAD IDEA.

This girl's mother is an idiot. My hope that is along with being stupid she is also lazy. That way she'll get tired of applying the wig once the novelty wears off.
    fotki twitter blog

event.png

In short, the characteristics of the powerful, whatever they may be, are thought to be better than the characteristics of the powerless – and logic has nothing to do with it.
    -- Gloria Steinem

• EllyEllyOxenFreeEllyEllyOxenFree Registered Users Posts: 6,446 Curl Neophyte
    At first, I thought it was a doll, then realized it was a living baby. Then, I didn't know if I should laugh...but I was too concerned. I mean come on...hoodrat culture has to draw a line some place. If she gives that baby acrylics, I'm so done.
    BC'ed: 26 Dec 09
    YouTube
    Grand Duchess Fierce Freckles, Mistress of the Mighty Snap and Doyenne of the Potent Products Pavane in the Order of the Curly Crusaders
  • Sandy CoilsSandy Coils Registered Users Posts: 662
    Mslizzia wrote: »
    QVCDiva wrote: »

+1
    +2

+3

*dead*
    My Fotki

My Blog - A Day in the Life

Products:
    EVOO
    HEHH
    TresEmme Curl Moisture Conditioner
    Aloe Vera Gel
    Let's Jam

Hair Type: Kinky Coily

[SIGPIC]Me[/SIGPIC]
  • Booker Ts MamaBooker Ts Mama Registered Users Posts: 670
    With the way things are these days, I'm no longer shocked. SMDH

• lodylody Registered Users Posts: 334
    she looks like a doll. Like, not "aww so cute," but more of "oh so fake" o.o scary stuff. Really hoping we all end up feeling dumb for believing it and it's found out to be fake!
    3a in Paris
    I use:
    Garnier Ultra Doux conditioners
    High in glycerin conditioners
    As much gel as possible
    Testing out flax seed gel
    Plopping, for around 30 minutes
    Pixiecurl drying
    Pineappling

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji