Henna storage question

soonermomsoonermom Posts: 73Registered Users
I made up some henna today to test on my tester hair, but I am not going to get to use it on my head for a few days. Do I put it in the freezer till I can use it? I know you can store it in the freezer for long periods of time, but I didn't know if there was a better method for shorter store time.

Comments

• SystemSystem Posts: 39,059 Administrator
    I've kept henna in the 'fridge for about a week or so and it was fine to use. Freezing it might give you a better stain because it helps it to breakdown even further.
  • hockeyruleshockeyrules Posts: 95Registered Users
    do you know of any conditioners not to use once you henna? on the hennaforhair board someone said Suave pulls the color out? have you heard of this?
    CG since the book came out!!

Products
    -Shampoo: - Edens co-wash
    Conditioner: Curl Junkie, Curly Kinks curl renew, CJ Argan oil, Mop Top daily conditioner
    Leave-in's: above
    DT: GVC
    Curl Cream: SMS
    Stylers: Curly Kinks Coil Jam, Mop Top
  • CurliniCurlini Posts: 258Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    do you know of any conditioners not to use once you henna? on the hennaforhair board someone said Suave pulls the color out? have you heard of this?

I've seen just a couple of comments about Suave conditioner causing henna to fade. I think I've seen more comments though about Suave shampoos fading out color because of sulfates. I've also seen people on the hennaforhair board recommend Suave conditioners for rinsing out after henna application. There was a recent thread about conditioners - some henna-heads really like Trader Joe's Nourish condish....Good luck!
    Medium Texture/Normal Porosity
    Conditioners: Curl Junkie conditioners, Elucence moisture balancing, Darcy's pumpkin seed, Mop Top Daily
    Gels: CJ Pattern Pusha, CJ Curl Queen, UFDCM, Mop Top Curly Custard, KCCC (wish it didn't take so long to dry!), CJ Aloe Fix Lite
    Weekly PT (CJ Repair Me) & DT
    Icequeen method
    CG since Aug. 08, still a lot to learn

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file