Quesidilla maker recipe?

shyredheadedgirlshyredheadedgirl Posts: 2Registered Users
I just bought a quesidilla maker and made some quesidillas. I was kind of disappointed because they weren't crispy and it seems as though you can't hardly fit any fillings in it. Does anyone have one of these and what works for you? It did come with a recipe book - but I like to put what I like into it.

Comments

• mazeymazey Posts: 709Registered Users
    I never heard of a quesadilla maker. I make my own and they come out crispy. What I do is take one tortilla, load it up with toppings, then put another tortilla on top. I then transfer it to a hot, dry pan (no oil, no spray, nothing). When the bottom is brown and crisp, I flip it over and cook the other side. It only takes a few minutes to make and they are really yummy icon_smile.gif

[ July 03, 2003: Message edited by: mazey ]
    Madonna getting upset with her daughter for dressing too slutty is like Mr. T getting upset with his son for pitying too many fools.
  • shyredheadedgirlshyredheadedgirl Posts: 2Registered Users
    I think now I realized that I just blew about 30 bucks - I can't find the receipt.
  • Lucky06Lucky06 Posts: 31Registered Users
    Mazey, how do you flip the 2 tortillas over without everything falling apart? How do they stick together?
    Thanks!
    2b/2c - lots of hair, very thick and wavy/curly
  • mazeymazey Posts: 709Registered Users
    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Lucky06:
    Mazey, how do you flip the 2 tortillas over without everything falling apart? How do they stick together?
    Thanks!
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

When I put all the goods on the tortilla, I add a bunch of cheese (I love cheese!), which acts as a glue. I use a flat griddle pan (nothing fancy, just the regular stove top kind that can cook like 4 pancakes at once). After one side is brown, I take a lid from a fry pan I have (any size lid as big or bigger than the tortilla will do) and put it on top of the tortilla. I flip the quesadilla over onto the pan lid, then wiggle it back on to the griddle. Viola!

Edited to add: I can't take credit for this "lid" technique: I saw Jamie Oliver do it on Food TV and it works really well icon_biggrin.gif

[ July 18, 2003: Message edited by: mazey ]
    Madonna getting upset with her daughter for dressing too slutty is like Mr. T getting upset with his son for pitying too many fools.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file