Why is my hair treating me so badly?

dolaresdolares Posts: 69Registered Users
Hi ladies, how are you? As stated before it is no longer growing so I am going to get the ends trim I have not trimmed them in a while and it is getting too tangled and has those dumb a** annoying small knots. I am always getting this hair treated every two weeks and put in cornrows, popping pills and it was growing like crazy now it just stopped. Can you ladies give some advice? :dontknow:

Comments

• MysticSpiralMysticSpiral Posts: 1,024Registered Users
    Hair grows like preteens--in spurts. You've probably just gotten done with a growth spurt and your hair is 'resting' and it'll probably go through another one. Just keep it healthy, and wait out the slow growth period.
    Lady Fand of the Joy Filled Summer Skys in the Order of the Curly Crusaders!
    KNEEL BEFORE ZOD!
  • TaraVictoriaTaraVictoria Posts: 374Registered Users
    I too am in the same boat - hating my hair - right before the holiday, of course! ugh! it seems to have just "stopped" and not bugged too much.... but like mystic said , stages.... guess I'll be dealing with headbands and pins for Thanksgiving.......
    Tara - have a curly day!!!

LA Looks Curl Gel, Sauve Naturals conditioners Waterlily, CK, Deva Archangel , LOOB (has its days)...
    Deva One - LOVE it!!!!!!!

Botticelli's Flax Seed Hair Gel (a DIY!!!) THANKS Botticelli!!!!!!
    Curl Junkie Coffee Coco Creme (LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!)
    Shea Moisture Smoothie - GREAT stuff!

:angel5::angel5:
    for the love of the lens...

http://animafoto.smugmug.com/

www.animafoto.wordpress.com
  • KurleeEdnaKurleeEdna Posts: 714Registered Users
    Hair grows like preteens--in spurts. You've probably just gotten done with a growth spurt and your hair is 'resting' and it'll probably go through another one. Just keep it healthy, and wait out the slow growth period.

I agree with Mystic...
    It could also just be the season (depending on where you are). Hair just tends to grow slightly slower in colder weather. Also the drier air could be drying it out, thus the tangles. Although my hair is growing fast, it's gotten drier and frizzier and more tangly lately. You might just want to get the ends trimmed and be sure to condition, condition, condition!

Hope this helps!:wave:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Sometimes I lie awake at night, and I ask, 'Where have I gone wrong?' Then a voice says to me, 'This is going to take more than one night.' "
    - Charlie Brown
    HEY!!! Follow me at http://www.twitter.com/kurleeedna
  • MissConstruedMissConstrued Posts: 323Registered Users
    With the cold season coming, you might need to stick with protective styles to see any noticeable growth. It will also protect against the demon knots. I'm finding that weekly DTs with my heating cap untangles most of my demon knots so that I don't have to trim them.
    "The one unchangeable certainty is that nothing is certain or unchangeable."

Hair type: 3C
    I am a serial cutter :help:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file