Beauty Brains article on No-Poo Method

ChevelureChevelure Registered Users Posts: 101

Comments

• susanasusana Registered Users Posts: 14
    Thanks for the link!
  • CurlyFemmeCurlyFemme Registered Users Posts: 15
    I love the no poo method! :toothy9: I co-wash with Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Rose and also Naked Naturals Shea Butter & Avocado Conditioners. I also use the bentonite clay treatment as a weekly clarifyer. The no poo method leaves my hair so soft and it makes my curls pop!
  • GreatcurlsGreatcurls Registered Users Posts: 1,784 Curl Connoisseur
    I disagree with the conclusion concerning mineral oil and how your hair feels. For years, (ever since I was a child), mineral oil and other petroleum by-products were placed in my hair. Sure, my hair felt wonderful, but it only grew to a certain length, and my scalp would flake and itch. When I was a teen and began grooming my hair, I did not include petroleum products because they were too greasy. I hair grew past the usual length. I didn't know it at the time, but the petroleum products were clogging the pores in my scalp.
    Mod CG-Naturally Highly Porous and Dry
     *This list is not exhaustive...
    CoWash: various
    DT: various
    Leave-in: 100% Mafura butter, Shima Hair Leave-in 
    Stylers: MoroccanOil Curl Defining Cream, various
    Spritz/Sealant:not now
    *experimenting and loving it!
  • jeepcurlygurljeepcurlygurl Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Posts: 20,730 Curl Virtuoso
    I've been co-washing for 5 years so I would have to disagree with almost everything that was said there. My hair is not dirty, greasy, smelly, dry. But everyone is different and CG isn't for everyone.
    --I'm located in Western PA.   --I found NC in late 2004, CG since February 2005, joined the forums in May 2005, started going grey in late 2005.   --My hair is 3B with some 3A, currently at mid back length when dry,  texture-medium/fine, porosity-top is low, middle is medium, ends are porous, elasticity-normal.   --My long time favorite products are Suave & VO5 conditioners, LA Looks Sport Gel, coconut oil, honey, vinegar.   
    --My CG and grey hair progress -  
    http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/going-gray/179328-jeepys-grey-hair-progress.html   
    --My article at NaturallyCurly about going grey - 
    https://www.naturallycurly.com/curlreading/color/how-i-went-completely-gray-and-loved-it

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file