So impatient with growth I can't stop researching!

EllyEllyOxenFreeEllyEllyOxenFree Posts: 6,446Registered Users Curl Neophyte
I'm slowly becoming obsessed with my hair. Help! In mid-September some maniac used a razor with a 1.5 guard on my sides and back...and it looks like the pic now. Does this mean my hair grows fast? I want long hair again, haha, I need to see how long it will take me to get pillow hair. :o)

How long did it take your TWA to grow out?!
BC'ed: 26 Dec 09
YouTube
Grand Duchess Fierce Freckles, Mistress of the Mighty Snap and Doyenne of the Potent Products Pavane in the Order of the Curly Crusaders

Comments

• helloyellowbirdhelloyellowbird Banned Posts: 1,632Banned Users
    Try taking MSM. I started taking that and your generic multivitamins and my hair grew a lot. Honestly, it takes a bit of time and patience to grow out a twa. Anyway, I do think that the MSM works.

My hair at 8 months
    DSC_1311-vi.jpg

DSC_1350-vi.jpg

My hair at 10 months
    DSC_1934-vi.jpg

Vitamins. Lots of vitamins.
    eIZWI.gif
    :love10:
  • curliitommii curliitommii Posts: 139Registered Users
    ugghh I'm with you girl! I absolutely can't wait till I have even hair to put into a pony tail while my hair is dry! lmao

sometimes its just so frustrating:banghead: even though everyone around says its growing I just want it to grow fast!!

looking at my own pictures on my fotki lets me know how much my hair has grown, but I started taking vitamins with vitamin B and biotin in them so hopefully thatll help this winter :roll:
    I Bc'd!! --> July 1st, 2009 :wav:

event.png

http://public.fotki.com/ms-curls/
    ugghh I'm with you girl! I absolutely can't wait till I have even hair to put into a pony tail while my hair is dry! lmao

sometimes its just so frustrating:banghead: even though everyone around says its growing I just want it to grow fast!!

looking at my own pictures on my fotki lets me know how much my hair has grown, but I started taking vitamins with vitamin B and biotin in them so hopefully thatll help this winter :roll:

event.png

• BrownsugababeBrownsugababe Posts: 63Registered Users
    Helloyellowbird your hair is lovely, and I think we have a very similar hair type. I can't wait to BC, your pics make me want to cut my hair NOW!

I am also impatient with my hair growth and think I will try the MSM. I have been considering Megatek....:goofy:

event.png

uggh for some reason I posted multiple times and I have no idea how to delete them :goofy:
    Helloyellowbird your hair is lovely, and I think we have a very similar hair type. I can't wait to BC, your pics make me want to cut my hair NOW!

I am also impatient with my hair growth and think I will try the MSM. I have been considering Megatek....:goofy:

you look like you have a lot of hair growth! how long are you planning on waiting till the BC?

event.png

uggh for some reason I posted multiple times and I have no idea how to delete them :goofy:

you look like you have a lot of hair growth! how long are you planning on waiting till the BC?

I'm hoping to transition for another 10 months, but I'm seriously considering chopping at the 1 year mark. I pull my hair back most days and I believe this is hindering the progress of my edges, as the rest of my hair has become really thick. I think yours and helloyellowbird's hair looks so cute :)
  • EllyEllyOxenFreeEllyEllyOxenFree Posts: 6,446Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Yea I mean...I started off with this mess after he butchered me, so at least that's over with. This pic is from Sept. 8th...

The multi I have now has Biotin in it, and supplementing with MSM seems to be a good idea as well.
    YouTube
    Grand Duchess Fierce Freckles, Mistress of the Mighty Snap and Doyenne of the Potent Products Pavane in the Order of the Curly Crusaders
  • KitathenaKitathena Posts: 1,666Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    It will grow. I remember being obsessed. I didn't take anything besides my prenatal vitamins. I oiled my scalp here and there with jojoba oil and other things. Exercise also helps your hair grow because it allows your scalp good blood flow.

The best thing is just plain old time! I'm still waiting to get to my desired length. I have about 12-13 inches and I started out with 3-4 in April of last year.
    00f0fe4a-6e80-4412-94d4-a8bc465cb7ae_zps1be28d8c.jpg?t=1377261778
    My blogs: NewlyNatural.com
    My fotki pw:hair
    ellepixie wrote: »
    Yea I mean...I started off with this mess after he butchered me, so at least that's over with. This pic is from Sept. 8th...

The multi I have now has Biotin in it, and supplementing with MSM seems to be a good idea as well.

I like your hair in both pics, and your hair is definitely growing! Keep up the good work :toothy7:
    ellepixie wrote: »

I like your hair in both pics, and your hair is definitely growing! Keep up the good work :toothy7:

Thank you! I am really happy to be growing out my natural hair (relaxers since age 5), but I'm used to long hair! But like I always say, it's hair, it grows back!
    YouTube
  • UnpolishedUnpolished Posts: 20Registered Users
    honestly, your hair looks fierce, so embrace it. Now that my hair is longer, I wish when I would have done a nice do when doing my big chop- but it wasn't planned...so...

Anyways continue to rock the look
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] 3c, color processed with bleach, hair often dry

CG since 04/2005

CO when possible, occasional shampoo with CON
    Last trim 04/09

Trying to grow out hair to hang past shoulders, but experiencing a lot of breakage.

I often mix between straightening and wearing curly. Haven't straightened since 08/09.

(pic is from May 09)
  • CurlyteeCurlytee Posts: 273Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Your hair is Beautiful
    Kitathena wrote: »
    It will grow. I remember being obsessed. I didn't take anything besides my prenatal vitamins. I oiled my scalp here and there with jojoba oil and other things. Exercise also helps your hair grow because it allows your scalp good blood flow.

The best thing is just plain old time! I'm still waiting to get to my desired length. I have about 12-13 inches and I started out with 3-4 in April of last year.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • mouseymousey Posts: 120Registered Users
    lol...it 's ok. i'm at bsl and i'm STILL obsessed with growth. i want my hair to even up in the front and to be mbl. i bc'ed in 12/06, and by 12/07 i was putting it in a little bunny tail with a headband.
    i cannot live without my aviators, my boston terrier, biology and black tights.:love7:
    Unpolished wrote: »
    honestly, your hair looks fierce, so embrace it. Now that my hair is longer, I wish when I would have done a nice do when doing my big chop- but it wasn't planned...so...

Anyways continue to rock the look

Thanks! I almost got it cut off a couple of weeks ago but I couldn't part with the hawk. Got some MSM from Trader Joe's yesterday and am taking 3000mg a day. I read on some forums that 4000mg is okay so I might increase, my body is usually fine with high doses of supplements.

I stretched out a coil and here's what I got...that's like..since September 8th when my head got shaved lol.
    YouTube
    I think yours and helloyellowbird's hair looks so cute :)

:oops: aww thank you!

event.png

• AuroraE95AuroraE95 Posts: 124Registered Users
    im obsessed with my hair growth too :sad4:
    Inspiration [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]SOPHINA BROWN

Currently: grazing bsl straight
    Would love to be MBL straight by the end of 2014
    MY ULTIMATE GOAL: HEALTHY (almost)BRA STRAP LENGTH CURLS
    Don't know how long that would be straight lol
  • amourabunnyamourabunny Posts: 3Registered Users
    My hair grows pretty fast but I think it's due to my diet. I drink a lot of water, eat veggies, salmon, scalp massages with olive oil, and workout (when I feel like it). I'm starting Bikram yoga next week and I heard it's good for normal to max growth. My hair in high school was long though and I had the worst diet (but maybe I was in my growth phase). Hair on average grows about 6 inches per year but trust me change your diet, workout, and massage your scalp a few times a week and you will see a huge difference in a month.
  • natural_dancer86natural_dancer86 Posts: 159Registered Users
    Oh my gosh! I'm not alone LOL.

It's only been two weeks and I miss my shoulder length hair.

I love the way God made me. I'm just adjusting to the short length of the BC!

I got myself a quick weave cap alternative to mix it up as I grow my hair out (LOL don't hate). I'm going to take extra care of my natural hair.
    LOL, oh man, this thread is old! I'm still obsessed with growing my hair out, but it's no where NEAR as short as it was in that pic! Wow!
    YouTube
  • madhuri_dixit_fanmadhuri_dixit_fan Posts: 310Registered Users
    I cut my hair from APL to an Afro (3 inches), and a year and 5 months later I was back to APL.

No miracle products. Just improved diet, a women's multi, reduced stress, more activity, and kept my scalp clean.
    RIP Natasha Richardson

Holy Grails: Alba Botanica Leave-In Conditioner, AVG, EVO Coconut Oil, Amla Oil, KC Spiral Spritz, Brahmi Oil, Tea Tree eo, Rosemary eo, Distilled H2O, Aloe Vera Juice, Neem Oil, ACV, Dr. Bonner's Skikakai Castile Soap, Avocado Oil

Sometimes: AOMM Jelly, KCNT, KCCC

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file