start cg....need a teensy bit of help! ^.^

toodleycurl22toodleycurl22 Posts: 53Registered Users
okay, so right now I use aveda be curly shampoo and conditioner, and I know there all natural but of course it is a shampoo, so that's not really good, right? and then after that, i put on ouidad moisture lock leave in conditioner, and then ouidad climate control. now, i looked at the ingrediants of climate control and it has a sillicone! (and also my hair gets frizzy, it could be because i don't put enough in, but it also could be from the sillicone?) and i just bought it and it's quite expensive which is sad, but i am willing to switch to cg. does anyone have suggestions of wat to do?? or wat products i can keep using, and which i should ditch, and get a new one? sorry for the long post! thanksss! ^.^
twisty curly, curly twisty
gel-y, mouse-y, pomade-y, misty
pretty ugly, ugly pretty
they listen, they don't -
oh what a pity

Comments

• AlannahAngelAlannahAngel Posts: 529Registered Users
    If the shampoo is sulfate free and the conditioner is silicone free then they're okay. The shampoo would be considered a 'low-poo' if it is sulfate-free.

Your hair might be reacting to the silicone in the Climate Control. What type of silicone is it? If you use the shampoo on a regular basis (max. once a week) then the surfactants in the shampoo should remove the silicone. If it is a water-soluble silicone (dimethicone copolyol or has PEG in front of it) then it does not require a shampoo to remove it :)

Also, you need to find out what quantities of product work for you. If you need to use a certain amount of conditioner/gel/etc to keep your hair from getting frizzy and it works for you, then do so :) Don't worry, a lot of us go through heaps of product, yet some of us can spare the product over a few months or so.

I can't really recommend anything right now (since I'm in Australia atm, we have different products). Just keep experimenting and find what works for you.

PS. If your shampoo contains sulfates and the silicone in Climate Control ISN'T water-soluble then you may have to switch up your products a bit. However if there are no sulfates in the shampoo but there is 'cocamidopropyl betaine' in it then feel free to keep using what you're using! Silicones or not! Coco Betaine is much more gentle than sulfates, but cleans your hair just as efficiently.
    xo
    ~ BIG *sexy* CURLS ~
    ~~~
    Conditioner/Co-wash/Leave-in: Garnier Fructis Nutri Repair/Organic Instinct
    Styler: Garnier Fructis 24-H
    ~~~

• toodleycurl22toodleycurl22 Posts: 53Registered Users
    oh thank you so much! because i have some bad news. the aveda shampoo has sulfosuccinate and babassu sulfate, and the aveda conditioner has methosulfate in many different forms - big words before it! ^.^
    so those are no no's huh? :(
    ok, and then the ouidad moisture lock has dimethicone, amodimethicone, and methosulfate
    and climate control has PEG-12 demethicone, and dimethicone (but thats ok b/cause it has PEG before it, right?)

so i should probably start a search for new products!

anyone have suggestions? ^.^
    twisty curly, curly twisty
    gel-y, mouse-y, pomade-y, misty
    pretty ugly, ugly pretty
    they listen, they don't -
    oh what a pity

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file