CurlTalk

Amodimethicone and No-Poo

I just have a quick question, I cleanse daily with No-Poo, and from what I understand the new version includes Cocobetaine, or some derivative of it, in it's ingredients. I am a mod-CG, and sometimes use products with silicones in them, like Amodimethicone, if I understand correctly the No-Poo will remove the silicones everytime I cleanse because of the Cocobetaine in it? I also Low-Poo once a week, and am assuming if the No-Poo left anything behind, the Low-Poo would get rid of it.

I also read the Curly Chemist's article on silicones, and I know it included some common silicones and surfactants that would get rid of them. Every silicone in her article was removable with Cocobetaine, or a derivative of it. Will Cocobetaine remove all silicones, including ones that she didn't address in the article?

Thanks in advance!! :)
How's My Hair?
Review: L'Oreal Evercreme Cleansing Conditioner
Review: Yes To Carrots Nourishing Shampoo & Pampering Conditioner + 35% off at YTC.com

3a-b, fine & medium texture, medium-high porosity from years of damaging. I'm addicted to changing my hair color.
Cleansing: No-Poo, Elucence MBS, YTC Poo,
Conditioner: One Condition, JC Too Shea!, YTC Condish, Elucence MBC, Joico Daily, KCKT
Styling: KCCC, LALPS, BRHG, Biotera Gel
SMB Photography

Comments

• goobernutgoobernut Posts: 2,317Registered Users
    To my understanding, cocobetaine will remove all silicones. Some curlies have a harder time removing silicones and they feel like not even sulfate shampoos will get them out.

So, experiment with your own hair and decide for yourself :)
    Grand Goobah Caedran, Aqueous Infusion of Demulcents, Order of the Curly Crusaders

Fia 2cFi, fine texture, med porosity CG 5-29-09 * My hair loves protein! Currently using : DermOrganics Shampoo and IHM, G2B Kinkier Mousse, Re:Coil VMM, Anything Spiral Solutions! MO Sealing. Coconut Oil Pre-Poo, once a month Hard Water shampoo. Avoiding Glycerin in finishing products.
  • smasters467smasters467 Posts: 527Registered Users
    Thanks Goobernut! :)
    How's My Hair?
    Review: L'Oreal Evercreme Cleansing Conditioner
    Review: Yes To Carrots Nourishing Shampoo & Pampering Conditioner + 35% off at YTC.com

3a-b, fine & medium texture, medium-high porosity from years of damaging. I'm addicted to changing my hair color.
    Cleansing: No-Poo, Elucence MBS, YTC Poo,
    Conditioner: One Condition, JC Too Shea!, YTC Condish, Elucence MBC, Joico Daily, KCKT
    Styling: KCCC, LALPS, BRHG, Biotera Gel
    SMB Photography