Flaking

LorloriLorlori Posts: 56Registered Users
Does anyone here has flaking/dandruff/seborrheic dermatitis?? I was wondering if the CG would make it worse... because I already have it pretty bad (I have to treat it nonstop).

Comments

• peyrouxpeyroux Posts: 174Registered Users
    I have it pretty bad...CG has actually helped it a little bit. I use a little scalpicin when I have to, but it has helped.
    2b, high porosity, medium texture
    CG since 11/20/09

Current routine:

low poo: GTTTT
    rinse out: Suave Naturals Aloe and Waterlily
    leave-in: GVP Conditioning Balm or Garnier Fructis Triple Nutrition
    stylers: Proclaim Curl Activator Gel, Proclaim Crystal Ice Protein Gel or Ecostyler Krystal Gel
  • luckycurlsluckycurls Posts: 83Registered Users
    I have SD, and while CG did great things for my hair it did nothing for my scalp. I'm still using T/Gel once a week and co-washing the rest of the time. I do avoid cones, but haven't found a sulfate-free shampoo that controls the dermatitis.

Good luck! :happy10:
    2 mix on top/3a underneath, fine, thick, normal porosity
    poo- T/Gel :-(
    Co- Suave Naturals Ocean Breeze
    LI- Suave (summer), LOOC (winter)
    Styling- Biotera Curl Creme and Styling Glaze (summer), HETT gel (winter)
  • LorloriLorlori Posts: 56Registered Users
    i've been using t/gel as well... works, but my hair gets really dry.
  • NoraCurlNoraCurl Posts: 345Registered Users
    I actually had problems with dandruff, but I'm not sure if it was the products I was using or me not shampooing properly (I think it's the 2nd reason). Right now, I'm using Paul Mitchell Tea Tree Special Conditioner for my co-wash, and it works wonders for my hair and scalp.

luckycurls - tea tree and peppermint are both great for people with scalp issues. Organix and Giovanni have both those ingredients and they're sulfate-free. Organix's tea tree shampoo has water-soluble cones, but don't use the conditioner because it has cyclopentiloxane (or however you spell that) in it. You should try Giovanni Tea Tree Triple Treat ($6.99) or the one I'm currently using ($16.99; a bit pricey but works wonders).
    :toothy4::toothy4:
    "Smile...just do it.":angel11:

3aMii, medium porosity, medium to low elasticity:color:

Shampoo & Conditioner: HE Hydralicious Featherweight
    Styling: HETMS Spray Gel and Finishing Touch Cream
    DT: GF Triple Nutrition

• luckycurlsluckycurls Posts: 83Registered Users
    Lorlori- Try just using the T/Gel on your scalp and conditioner on your hair. It takes a little more time, but keeps the T/Gel from drying out your hair so much. :toothy10:

NoraCurl- I tried the GTTTT, and it worked for about a month before I had a massive SD attack. I had hoped, but no such luck. :?
    2 mix on top/3a underneath, fine, thick, normal porosity
    poo- T/Gel :-(
    Co- Suave Naturals Ocean Breeze
    LI- Suave (summer), LOOC (winter)
    Styling- Biotera Curl Creme and Styling Glaze (summer), HETT gel (winter)
  • NoraCurlNoraCurl Posts: 345Registered Users
    Then I would suggest trying the Organix Tea Tree Hydrating shampoo, or the one I'm using - the Paul Mitchell Tea Tree Special Conditioner (you can use it as a co-wash AND rinse-out because it's so thick!)
    :toothy4::toothy4:
    "Smile...just do it.":angel11:

3aMii, medium porosity, medium to low elasticity:color:

Shampoo & Conditioner: HE Hydralicious Featherweight
    Styling: HETMS Spray Gel and Finishing Touch Cream
    DT: GF Triple Nutrition

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file