Pure & Basic Conditioner

zoochickzoochick Registered Users Posts: 16
I was wondering if anyone has tried/used this and would like to know what you thought of it. I saw the P&B reconstructing coconut conditioner at TJMaxx and was tempted.... Tried to do a search on here but nothing came up.

These are the ingredients: Water, Stearalkonium Chloride, Cetearyl Alcohol, Cetyl Alcohol, Stearyl Alcohol, Dicetyldimonium Chloride, Behentrimonium Methosulfate, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Hydrolyzed Vegetable Protein PG-Propyl Silanetriol, Aloe Barbadensis (Aloe Vera) Leaf Extract, Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Leaf Extract, Cinnamidopropyltrimonium Chloride, Hydroxyethylcellulose, PEG-50 Shea Butter, Panthenol (Vitamin B3), Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Polysorbate 60, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Hydrolyzed Wheat Starch, Sodium PCA, Citric Acid, Aleurites Moluccana (Kukui Nut) Seed Oil, Macadamia Ternifolia (Macadamia Nut) Seed Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate, Glycerin, Botanical Fragrance, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexylglycerin
Hair: Fine (I think) porosity? Straight underneath and gets progressively curlier into tight spirals at top of head.
Products- Searching! New to CG, not very successful...yet.
Have tried: lo-poos - Mastey code red restore(harsh!), GTTT
co's (co-wash/rinse out/ LI) - Suave Naturals coconut, LOOC, GDLI, Giovanni Vitapro fusion LI, GVP CB, HSH pumpkin, Pure & Basic reconstructing coconut, NG Aloe Vera, LVPNG.

Comments

• DEL2CDEL2C Registered Users Posts: 6,418 Curl Neophyte
    If you did a search and came up empty then you should go ahead and try it :lol: I've never heard of this. There's A LOT of proteins in this condish so as long as your hair likes protein then go for it. It seems to have all the fatty alcohols and surfactants you would need too.
    Discovered CG 2007

2C Fia BSL/Thick/Med-Coarse/Low(crown)-Normal Porosity Protein and Oil Sensitive

Link-Spritz & Condish Washing:glasses7:

I'm aCurlJunkieJunky :love4:

My hair LOVES Coconut DESPISES Soap Bars :tongue6:

CJRehab or H&B Fix, Deva NO POO, EO Rose & Cham POO & Condish, CJ CurlFix, CJ Pattern Pusha, CJ CIAB, SS FHG, KCCC, BRHG, AG Mousse Gel, ACV Rinses,Shikakai Conditioning Hair Rinse.
  • ThkchkThkchk Registered Users Posts: 203 Curl Neophyte
    zoochick wrote: »
    I was wondering if anyone has tried/used this and would like to know what you thought of it. I saw the P&B reconstructing coconut conditioner at TJMaxx and was tempted.... Tried to do a search on here but nothing came up.

These are the ingredients: Water, Stearalkonium Chloride, Cetearyl Alcohol, Cetyl Alcohol, Stearyl Alcohol, Dicetyldimonium Chloride, Behentrimonium Methosulfate, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Hydrolyzed Vegetable Protein PG-Propyl Silanetriol, Aloe Barbadensis (Aloe Vera) Leaf Extract, Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Leaf Extract, Cinnamidopropyltrimonium Chloride, Hydroxyethylcellulose, PEG-50 Shea Butter, Panthenol (Vitamin B3), Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Polysorbate 60, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Hydrolyzed Wheat Starch, Sodium PCA, Citric Acid, Aleurites Moluccana (Kukui Nut) Seed Oil, Macadamia Ternifolia (Macadamia Nut) Seed Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate, Glycerin, Botanical Fragrance, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexylglycerin

Were these the ingredients off the bottle at the store or from a website?

The website has the reformulated conditioners that are sulfate, paraben and glycol free. The bottles that I picked up from either TJMaxx or Ross are the old formula which does have parabens.

I have the reconstructing (coconut) and the moisturizing(cherry almond).

They also had the anti-dandruff and the volumizing.

I find the reconstructing more moisturizing than the one being sold as moisturizing.
  • zoochickzoochick Registered Users Posts: 16
    Oooh, good to know about the reformulations! The ingredient list I just pulled from the website, I thought it looked like what I read off the bottle at TJMaxx. I had noticed on the website the bottles looked redesigned and I figured that was why the old version was at TJM. Didn't even cross my mind that there was a new formula. Thanks!
    Hair: Fine (I think) porosity? Straight underneath and gets progressively curlier into tight spirals at top of head.
    co's (co-wash/rinse out/ LI) - Suave Naturals coconut, LOOC, GDLI, Giovanni Vitapro fusion LI, GVP CB, HSH pumpkin, Pure & Basic reconstructing coconut, NG Aloe Vera, LVPNG.
  • ThkchkThkchk Registered Users Posts: 203 Curl Neophyte
    Old formulation

Aqueous solution of botanical extracts: camellia sinensis leaf extract (green tea), camellia sinensis leaf extract (white tea), aloe barbadensis leaf extract (aloe vera), stearalkonium chloride, dicetyldimonium chloride (coconut), cetyl alcohol, stearyl alcohol, behentrimonium methosulfate (coconut), cetearyl alcohol, emulsifying wax, hydrolyzed vegetable protein PGPropyl silanetriol, panthenol (pro- vitamin B5), hydrolyzed soy protein, simmondsia chinensis (jojoba) seed oil, sodium PCA, aleurites moluccana seed oil, Macadamia ternifolia seed oil, butyruspernum parkii (shea butter) fruit, polyquaternium-10, hydrolyzed wheat starch, hydrolyzed wheat protein, vitamin E, cinnamon, citric acid, phenoxyethanol, methylparaben, fragrance with essential oils.
  • CurlykeyCurlykey Registered Users Posts: 1,540 Curl Novice
    I saw this the other day and almost bought it. The ingredients looked good, and the price was good too....I may have to pick some up next time I'm in the area.
    $5 off first order at iherb use code KEY066
  • AlexjoujouAlexjoujou Registered Users Posts: 2,364
    I saw this too..with some SLS free poo's as well.

Problem is these are big bottles...I really don't need any more huge bottles! hahah

But I did notice it!
    FIA 2c/3aFi

Done experimenting! Loving Spiral Solutions products!

Blog: http://thewavytales.blogspot.com/
  • eweniqueewenique Registered Users Posts: 1,502 Curl Neophyte
    I couldn't resist the $2.99 price and had to get one to try. Will check in later with a report!
    2C wavy with some spirals. CG since April 07. Medium texture and porosity.
    COs: Yes to Cucumbers
    Stylers: Miss Jessies Coily Custard, KCCC

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Live Simply. Use Soap
    www.TheLatheredLamb.com
    www.EweniqueEssentials.artfire.com
  • zoochickzoochick Registered Users Posts: 16
    The bottles are huge! The ones at my local TJmaxx were the new formula. So as any new CG PJ in training would do I bought it.
    Not sure how I feel about it yet since I'm still trying to figure out what my hair likes/dislikes.

Used it once as a rinse out and didn't think it was all too moisturizing, but that was also after trying out a horribly stripping lo-poo. Also used it once as a co-wash, didn't care too much for it that way. Needed to use a LOT and felt it was causing a bit more breakage and tangling than usual. But then again that was only one try, not ready to give up on it yet!

The smell, especially once its in my hair reminds me quite a bit of pina coladas, I felt like I should be drinking it instead of putting it on my head:tongue3:.

Can't wait to hear how it works for you ewenique!
  • eweniqueewenique Registered Users Posts: 1,502 Curl Neophyte
    The bottle I got is 12 oz Reconstructing conditioner, and it does smell a bit like coconut. The texture is on the thick side. It has protein. Since I've got medium texture and porosity, this shouldn't be a problem. I rarely cowash, so just used it as a rinse out after water washng. A good sized blob detangled my hair well. I also switch up my conditioners, so will try this one again in a week or two. So far so good!
    2C wavy with some spirals. CG since April 07. Medium texture and porosity.
    COs: Yes to Cucumbers
    Stylers: Miss Jessies Coily Custard, KCCC

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Live Simply. Use Soap
    www.TheLatheredLamb.com
    www.EweniqueEssentials.artfire.com

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file