CurlTalk

My hair may be ruined help.

sunshine86sunshine86 Posts: 30Registered Users
Ladies I put in cornrows with synthetic hair about 2 weeks ago and my hair looks a mess. Its matted, dry, hard and there is little to no curl left. The lady blew dry my hair and probably used a cheap shampoo in my hair, when she tried to detangle my hair. My hair became a tangle mess. My hair is usually never hard to detangle. She later on blew dry my hair and braided it and when I took them down my hair seemed different. I washed it yesterday and its just dry and hard. Please tell me what I can do. I feel like I have to start over now. My hair was so beautiful before and now its just literally ugly. I'll probably co wash today and do a heavy deep condition treatment. Anyway please help me. :(

Comments

• CheleighCheleigh Posts: 552Registered Users
    That's about all you can do. It's probably the synthetic hair--it dried out and tangled my hair badly too when I wore twists with extensions last year.

It took me about a week of DT/condition washing, and whole head baggying at night to restore my moisture balance. Don't use anymore SLS shampoo, if you used some to clarify your hair. Give it a little time--it does take your hair a minute to recover from stuff like this. Good luck.
    Natural pics: /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fpicturetrail.com%2Fshelacious" class="Popup
    pw: kinky
    Hair type: Spongy & kinky texture. Coily & curly strands.
  • CurlilocsCurlilocs Posts: 821Registered Users
    I agree with Cheleigh. Just keep pumping moisture into your hair.
    Free your Mind and your Hair will Follow :)
    Curli's pics
    album pw: bangz
  • xfancyxfancy Posts: 91Registered Users
    i agree as well! do smth really moisturizing, like egg and mayo or olive oil and avocado.
    3c... and clueless pj