CurlTalk

Jasmines Bath and Beauty Products

kathymackkathymack Posts: 9,999Registered Users
/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.jasminesbathandbeautyproducts.com%2F" class="Popup

Around Labor Day, I discovered this line, put a few things in my cart--and thought I should wait until the weather cooled, because one of the products was a butter. I forgot about them until last week. What a mistake! Worse thing is that it would have been here in a day or so--it's only about 15 miles away in Philly!

I've used each product only once, but they are REALLY nice--I felt badly holding back. I searched and there is some discussion of these products on the 4a forum, but nothing in the general discussion or here.

I was only able to try three of the hair products, many of the others have 'cones, so one needs to be careful when ordering.

Moisture Renewal Leave-In Conditioner
Ingredients: Water, Dipalmitoylethyldimonium Chloride (A derivative of Palm Oil), Cellulose, Glydent , Avocado Oil, Silk Amino Acids, fragrance

I used this as a leave in with my homemade FSG. Nothing else. My hair was great. Nice tight curls, lots of root curl and volume, hardly any frizz. My hair lasted all day with no additional care. If I didn't like to do my hair everyday and didn't have other products, I could have had second day hair.

Babassu Butter Cream Organic Conditioner
Ingredients: organic aloe juice, organic jojoba oil(nourishes), babassu butter(softens), ester wax (veggie based), emulsifying wax, honey extract(adds shine), collagen(strengthens), panthenol DL(Vitamin B5), vitamin E, lecithin, rosemary extract, grapefruit seed extract, potassium sorbate , vitamin C fragrance

I wasn't sure how I wanted to use this, so thought I'd use it as a leave in/curl enhancer. The consistency is really nice. Smooth, rich and soft. I put a little in my hair and used SeaMollient with it. Once again, my hair was great. I had a little more surface frizz when it dried, but it didn't increase at all during the day. When I woke up this morning my hair still looked nice--but I had another product to try!

Shea Butter Conditioning Rinse/Leave In
Ingredients: Aloe Extract, BTMS(Behentrimonium Methosulfate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Jojoba Oil, Shea Butter, Glycerin, Quaternium-79 Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Panthenol, Vitamin E, Allantoin, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Sorbic Acid(food grade paraben free preservative),essential oils or fragrance

I used this as a leave in today, as I thought I would be able to get a better handle on it. I knew I used too much when I put it in my palm--a big blob came out. The top was still taped to the bottle and I was too lazy to take it off. I used the DM Curling Gelly with it. My hair was good with tight curls and lots of volume, but flat on top. I had smoothed it on the canopy before raking it in--so my roots ended up a little flat. Next time I would use less--and I want to use it as a rinse out. I'm convinced that this was user error and not the product.

My hair felt great with all three products. Soft and not all producty. The scents are really nice, there are a ton of choices. I got papaya mango, coconut lemongrass and orange EO.

Jasmine is the owner, Dana's, daughter. Customer service was great. Dana responded to my email question within a few hours--on a Sunday!

Maybe if enough of us start to use the products and comment on the silicones, Dana might be willing to try more products without. I liked them so much, I can't wait to try her body lotions/butters.
3a (Corkicelli), highlighted, fine, low porosity
SE PA

HGs: Anything Sevi; Curly Kinks Satin Roots, Curlycue ReNew and Coil Jam; homemade FSG and okra gel; soap bars; UFD Curly Magic; Botanical Spirits Jellies, CJ Repair Me, Aloe Fix
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comments

• mamacita1603mamacita1603 Posts: 316Registered Users
    Only 15 minutes away from philly huh? Looks like im going to have make a pit stop this weekend:happy6:
    Type: 3b-healthy hair*medium texture* normal porosity?
    Shampoo: SC Optimum, Luster's Pink,Curliscious Cleansing Cream
    Conditioner: Coconut Sublime, Giovanni 50:50, CJ CASD
    Leave-In: CJ Beauticurls
    DT: Silicon Mix
    Styling: Eco Styler, KCCC/KCKT, BRHG, AOMM

Holy Grail: Flour Sacking*modified method* AOMM, ECO Styler-Krystal
    Expiermenting with: Whatever i can get my hands on:twisted:
    Hair Hates: Vegetable glycerin/waxes:sad11:
    *Always going to be a Pj until i find all my HG's:love5:
  • kathymackkathymack Posts: 9,999Registered Users
    Only 15 minutes away from philly huh? Looks like im going to have make a pit stop this weekend:happy6:

It's not a store, it's a website. I knew it was Philly because it says it on the website. The return address wasn't too far.
    SE PA

HGs: Anything Sevi; Curly Kinks Satin Roots, Curlycue ReNew and Coil Jam; homemade FSG and okra gel; soap bars; UFD Curly Magic; Botanical Spirits Jellies, CJ Repair Me, Aloe Fix
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • nnmaynnmay Posts: 41Registered Users
    I have ordered stuff from her ETSY website before. A lot of the stuff seems to be cheaper on ETSY. I have ordered the Shea Butter Conditioning Cream Rinse/Leave In from her ETSY store and it is great. I love it.
  • curlykeycurlykey Posts: 1,540Registered Users
    KM, how do you compare the leave in's to Shesentit leave in's?
    $5 off first order at iherb use code KEY066
    curlykey wrote: »

I love the shesentit LIs--these are just as nice. They will all be at the top of my rotation.
    SE PA

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • AlexjoujouAlexjoujou Posts: 2,364Registered Users
    kathymack wrote: »

I love the shesentit LIs--these are just as nice. They will all be at the top of my rotation.

Another question regarding these in relation to the Shescentit leave in's. I've noticed the Coco Creme Leave in is very silky, very slippery when you put it on (probably the BTMS). This is in contrast to someting like [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Kinky-Curly-Knot-Today-p-207.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=kinkycurly-knot-today-leaveindetangler]Knot Today[/buylink] or Hairveda's Moist Condition Pro for me which almost kind of "grabs" my hair and stays put. The CJ CALI and the DM Detangler are kind of middling between these--not too slippery but not grabby either. They all moisturize about the same.

Y'all probably think I'm nutso..but anyway the more I use the SSI the more it's not working so great..I think this is the reason. It seems to make my hair so soft and slippery that the curl kind of comes out...it's a more wavy look (my ringlet's go away)..which is fine..but I'd probably not want another product that does that. Now on my son's hair this SSI is an amazing product. He has medium all around (texture, porosity, bit more thick than medium, medium elasticity) and it works great. His hair looks SHINY with the SSI CCLI.

So do these new ones have that same kind of slippery feeling or closer to the other side?
    FIA 2c/3aFi

Done experimenting! Loving Spiral Solutions products!

Blog: /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fthewavytales.blogspot.com%2F" class="Popup
    alexjj, I was just about to post something I wrote about the Jasmines, so will do it after I answer your question--at least as well as I can. I never use [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Kinky-Curly-Knot-Today-p-207.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=kinkycurly-knot-today-leaveindetangler]KCKT[/buylink], it has no moisture--as far as I'm concerned. I only use the DM Detangler if I use a very moisturizing rinse out, it doesn't have much moisture for me. The HairVeda must have castor oil because it's not one of the products I ordered from her line, but the products I did get weren't anything special for me. Didn't reorder and swapped most of what I had. I think the CJ CA LI is great. So, maybe knowing what I think about the other products, here's what I was going to say today:

This stuff is great. Today I used the Shea Butter Conditioner as my rinse out. My hair is pretty straight when wet, I know how much it loves a product by how much it curls in the shower. It was in tight spirals for this stuff! Used the Moisture Renewal LI as my leave in. My hair was so curly, I thought I should stop there and then. Haven't been using gel, but it's drizzling here today, so I thought I'd use a little something that helps with curl. I put a little Goddess Glaze with some AOMM--and that was it. My hair isn't quite dry, but I can tell it's going to be great. I have tight, swirly root curl and no frizz. My top looks like it has volume. I will do the scrunching from underneath to loosen my hair from my scalp--and it should be a go. I wonder how it will hold up with the rain??

You may find the Shea Butter Conditioner has too much slip for you as a leave in, not sure about the Moisture Renewal. I will be buying the two shescentit leave ins again--a few bottles. I won't tell you the Jasmine order I did this morning. Say a few scents of each product! And one of each of the body butters to try, too. It's that time of the year. I'm thinking these would make great hostess gifts and holiday presents.
    SE PA

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • curlygirlymecurlygirlyme Posts: 1,340Registered Users
    Kathy- You need to stop fueling my PJ!!! I refuse to go to this website... :read2: ok I lied I'm already looking :sad11:
    Have to say that this stuff is great. I was out for almost four hours looking at commercial real estate. We were out in the wind looking at the outside, in unfinished dirt and stone basements--you name it, we saw it! Got home and my hair still looks beautiful. Just a little more surface frizz then when I started! Considering the drizzle when I started out and the wind--that's pretty good!
    SE PA

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • mamacita1603mamacita1603 Posts: 316Registered Users
    For the scents you already ordered, what did they smell like?
    Type: 3b-healthy hair*medium texture* normal porosity?
    Shampoo: SC Optimum, Luster's Pink,Curliscious Cleansing Cream
    Conditioner: Coconut Sublime, Giovanni 50:50, CJ CASD
    Leave-In: CJ Beauticurls
    DT: Silicon Mix
    Styling: Eco Styler, KCCC/KCKT, BRHG, AOMM

Holy Grail: Flour Sacking*modified method* AOMM, ECO Styler-Krystal
    Expiermenting with: Whatever i can get my hands on:twisted:
    Hair Hates: Vegetable glycerin/waxes:sad11:
    *Always going to be a Pj until i find all my HG's:love5:
    I usually don't care for a lot of fragrances, rather prefer EOs. I really like the ones I got. When I try a line, I usually only buy one of a few products. This time around, I ordered a lot. Got a few additional fragrances--strawberry jam, grapefruit ginger, nectarine blossom and honey, coconut/French vanilla pear and some different ones in the body butters. Thought it would give me the opportunity to try more.

I emailed Dana and asked about more products without silicone. She said that it's possible that she might consider making more silicone free products in the future. When people order, they should identify themselves as having heard of the products on nc.com and ask about more silicone free products. If there is a lot of interest--it might happen.
    SE PA

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • connemara22connemara22 Posts: 69Registered Users
    Kathy, I think i sent you a link about this product a long time ago but i'm not sure it might have been another girl on here. She was super nice and even told me that they occasionally sell their products at some of our local flea markets.....I told her to let me know where bc i'd love to smell some products before i buy. Please keep me posted on this line bc i'd love to buy local from a local :)
    Kathy, I think i sent you a link about this product a long time ago but i'm not sure it might have been another girl on here. She was super nice and even told me that they occasionally sell their products at some of our local flea markets.....I told her to let me know where bc i'd love to smell some products before i buy. Please keep me posted on this line bc i'd love to buy local from a local :)

It must have been the other person. I found out about these products on LHCF. Any idea what flea markets?? It's not really the time of year to do go--but it would be good to know.

I wonder if the site says anything?
    SE PA

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • goobernutgoobernut Posts: 2,317Registered Users
    Alex, I knew exactly what you meant when you were talking about too slippery and grabbing. The BHRG will "grab" too doesn't it? I know depending on what I use underneath it the effect is more.

So you're saying that you get more curl from the grabby products? I sorta thought of it as "seizing". hehehhe.
    Grand Goobah Caedran, Aqueous Infusion of Demulcents, Order of the Curly Crusaders

Fia 2cFi, fine texture, med porosity CG 5-29-09 * My hair loves protein! Currently using : DermOrganics Shampoo and IHM, G2B Kinkier Mousse, Re:Coil VMM, Anything Spiral Solutions! MO Sealing. Coconut Oil Pre-Poo, once a month Hard Water shampoo. Avoiding Glycerin in finishing products.
  • connemara22connemara22 Posts: 69Registered Users
    Kathy...she said she hasn't been going bc she has such a young baby! I will tell you if/when she tells me if she is going to any in the area. I was also looking at her etsy and it looks like she may be a bit cheaper on there....BUT she is supposed to have a black friday sale tonight into tomorrow.
    Kathy...she said she hasn't been going bc she has such a young baby! I will tell you if/when she tells me if she is going to any in the area. I was also looking at her etsy and it looks like she may be a bit cheaper on there....BUT she is supposed to have a black friday sale tonight into tomorrow.

Her black friday sale starts tonight? Do you know what time? TIA.
    goobernut wrote: »
    Alex, I knew exactly what you meant when you were talking about too slippery and grabbing. The BHRG will "grab" too doesn't it? I know depending on what I use underneath it the effect is more.

So you're saying that you get more curl from the grabby products? I sorta thought of it as "seizing". hehehhe.

Yeah..that's exactly it. My curl seems to form better when it's not slippery. This is specifically for Leave In but I've noticed it in some regular conditioners too. I didn't used to use leave in--but now that I've found a few that work like that (grab is a good word) I LOVE them! I thought originally it was BTMS but I don't think that's the whole picture..since I think CJCALI has BTMS. This type of grabbing seems to literally clump my hair (like a strong gel like BRHG that's exactly right!!!) and I get root curl and amazing curls..as evidenced by the Hairveda Moist Condition Pro. That is exactly what it does for me.

When a condish has too much slip it has the opposite effect and I end up with elongated curls that don't hold or don't spiral (look more like S and less like spirals that stand out from the hair).

Oh I'm so excited someone understood!!!

[buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Kinky-Curly-Knot-Today-p-207.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=kinkycurly-knot-today-leaveindetangler]Knot Today[/buylink] didn't do anything for me either as kathymack noted.

Hopefully kathymack you'll have samples right? :lol::lol:

I feel another order coming on......
    FIA 2c/3aFi

Blog: /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fthewavytales.blogspot.com%2F" class="Popup
    Alexjoujou wrote: »

Hopefully kathymack you'll have samples right? :lol::lol:

I feel another order coming on......

Already posted what I have and ordered lots more of the three products that don't have silicone in other scents!

She's in Philly, so that's Eastern Time Zone. (didn't double quote.)
    SE PA

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I ordered a couple of the shea cream rinse/leave in conditioners on black friday...I'm excited to try them out! :laughing5:
    I ordered a couple of the shea cream rinse/leave in conditioners on black friday...I'm excited to try them out! :laughing5:

I ordered 5 of the 4 oz size on BF too. They were such a great deal! Got 5 different scents!
    FIA 2c/3aFi

Used the right amount of the Shea Butter Conditioner as my leave in today (a minute amount) and all I can say is WOW. The only other product I used was the DM Curling Gelly--great hair. Just have to do the "remove from scalp" when totally dry.

Still love these products and the customer service is great.
    SE PA

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I agree about the customer service, it's great! I've gotten immediate responses to any inquiries. I've received my shipping info and I'm very excited. Can't wait to try these products. Thanks for sharing your experiences KM.:happy7:
    I would love to be able to get away with using only two styling products......I will give this a shot myself with various products as I only have about 1/2 oz of the MC....I'm beginning to think that maybe I don't need the "middle" product which is usually a curl cream. I would think as long as the leave in is moisturizing, that it would also be curl enhancing.....off to experiment. :rendeer:
    Got mine today, new scents smell yummy!
    SE PA

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Got mine today :blob2: !! I got the toasted coconut (smells like curls coco-sublime) and the white tea & ginger (soft clean scent) and they both smell wonderful!! I co-washed my hair and then put some of the coconut in as a rinse out but it felt light and smooth on my hair so I didn't rinse it out. I applied my products on top and my hair is currently drying. My hair felt really good when it was wet with the leave-in in my hair. I like the consistency of this conditioner, not too thick and not too thin. So far so good :thumbup:. Great customer service and fast shipping!
    update:
    I used the conditioner as a leave in again today and got awesome results. Today I used the leave-in and [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Kinky-Curly-Curling-Custard-p-778.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=kinkycurly-curling-custard]KCCC[/buylink], a dab of Gel-les'C and SIF. I love this leave in. Next wash I'm trying the shescentit and see which I like better. I love the fact that you can choose your scent. This gets a big :thumbleft:.
    I got some of her body butters last time, they are a nice as the hair products.

We have to get her to make more products without silicones!
    SE PA

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • FrizzBgoneFrizzBgone Posts: 2,678Registered Users
    I have been dying to try these products and was finally able to today. The customer service is excellent. Dana e-mailed me back within the hour. She does ship to Canada and doesn't charge you an arm and a leg to do it - basically you pay what she pays. If you live outside of the U.S., e-mail her before you order and she will tell you how to place the order. The link for customers outside of the U.S. didn't work for me.

I placed my order. She weighed it and then sent me a shipping bill by Paypal after she obtained the shipping rates from the USPS.

It was a Jasmine's day in our household. I used the Shea Butter Conditioning Rinse/Leave-in (Essential Orange fragrance - very mild and nice) on both my daughter and myself. This stuff is wonderful. It is deceivingly effective. When I first put it in my hand, it seemed so thin that I thought I needed more than what I did. It literally melted the knots. Even my daughter's hair was easily combed through without drowning it in conditioner.

We used the Moisture Renewal Leave-in on my daughter's hair. It says to shake it before using. Even after shaking it, there were little white particles in the conditioner. I was initially concerned, but it melted into her hair. We didn't need a lot of product; it has great slip - distributes really easily. We used this leave-in under [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Kinky-Curly-Curling-Custard-p-778.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=kinkycurly-curling-custard]KCCC[/buylink] - it worked great.

I used the Babassu Butter Cream Conditioner as my leave-in (mango - papaya fragrance ... wonderful). I didn't need a lot. It distributed really well. I used it under the HPO Simply [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Miss-Jessies-Curly-Pudding-p-578.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=miss-jessies-curly-pudding]Curly Pudding[/buylink] and AO B5 gel. My hair is soft and full of spirals - no frizz.

I wish she had additional products without the silicones, but the ones I've used are awesome. The fragrances are really nice without being over-powering. Both my daughter's and my hair felt great after using them.

I usually only get this excited over styling products, but I've come to realize the difference good conditioners make on my hair .... I highly recommend them !!!
    Type: 3a fine & dense,with normal porosity, terrible product junkie
    ROUTINE: LI, enhancer, gel, plop with Curlease towel, serum product (either CIAB or Gel-les'c), clip & diffuse.
    Too many favourite products to list ... I finally have my routine that works and alot of products to choose from. My product stash is huge, but well loved !!!
    FBG and Kathymack~

Did you order around Black Friday?

I haven't received anything (shipping notice or anything) from my BF order. Just curious if either of you ordered around then?

I knew it would take a while which is fine..just curious!
    FIA 2c/3aFi

• FrizzBgoneFrizzBgone Posts: 2,678Registered Users
    Alexjoujou wrote: »
    FBG and Kathymack~

Did you order around Black Friday?

I haven't received anything (shipping notice or anything) from my BF order. Just curious if either of you ordered around then?

I knew it would take a while which is fine..just curious!

My order was placed quite awhile before Black Friday ... should have waited for the sales :(
    Type: 3a fine & dense,with normal porosity, terrible product junkie
    ROUTINE: LI, enhancer, gel, plop with Curlease towel, serum product (either CIAB or Gel-les'c), clip & diffuse.
    Too many favourite products to list ... I finally have my routine that works and alot of products to choose from. My product stash is huge, but well loved !!!