HELP! I don't like my haircut!

traceoflatetraceoflate Posts: 25Registered Users
I'm in need of some serious styling advice. I went and got my hair cut on Friday. I wanted some length and weight off, and bang trim, but that was all. I left with a completely different style that is much shorter and messier. I'm not really a fan of the messy look, but it can't be avoided since some of the layers were cut above my ear. I blow dryed it straight the first day and I liked it, but I don't want to have to do that every day until it grows out.

So, for you short curlies, how do you style the messy look? Or the how do you style in general?

I'm not going to lie, I'm pretty upset. I thought that the stylist was great... he really listened and took his time to talk about what I wanted. I actually found him from the Salon reviews on this site. I just don't understand how I walked out with something so fundamentally different. :sad10:

Sorry to vent. Any help would be appreciated!
Mostly 3a with some 2c.
Medium texture and THICK.
Low poo: Aubrey Organics J.A.Y. Desert Herb
Co-wash: V05 Blackberry Sage Tea
Rinse out/Leave in: GTTTT

Stylers: DevaCurl AnGEL, L.A. Looks, HESMU

Mod-CG since November '09!

Comments

• LorloriLorlori Posts: 56Registered Users
    Hey, can you post a picture?? I recently been through that also. Like, 2 weeks ago I got my pretty long curls cut. They supposed to be medium lenght, but they got short. Maybe if you post a picture, I can help you, because i'm not really getting how your hair is.
  • traceoflatetraceoflate Posts: 25Registered Users
    I'll see if I can tomorrow. My digital camera broke a while back and I've been trying to figure out how to transfer pictures from my phone with limited success...

But I'm sorry to hear you've gone through the same thing recently too!
    Mostly 3a with some 2c.
    Medium texture and THICK.
    Low poo: Aubrey Organics J.A.Y. Desert Herb
    Co-wash: V05 Blackberry Sage Tea
    Rinse out/Leave in: GTTTT

Stylers: DevaCurl AnGEL, L.A. Looks, HESMU

Mod-CG since November '09!
  • LorloriLorlori Posts: 56Registered Users
    yep, i know it's frustrating... i'm getting used to it. some of my friend even liked it... but it's really not like my old long cut... i miss it... anyway, as soon as you post, i'll see if i can help!
  • rbbrbb Posts: 4,355Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    sorry about your bad haircut. that happened to me once that i found a local stylist on this site with rave reviews -- i swear it was all her family as i got a haircut so bad it took my regular stylist (who is in the city and travel time can range anywhere from 1 to 3 hours, depends on traffic, so that is why i looked for a local one for just this one cut til i had more time -- mistake!!) two haircuts to get it back. :-(
    what i would do is use extra styling products and kind of style it back -- if you can get what i mean?? i used [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/DevaCurl-Set-it-Free-p-259.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=devacurl-set-it-free]deva set it free[/buylink] and scrunched the hair on the sides back.
    also, would headbands help? i've used that in the past.
    play around with styling products and hair accessories. it will grow, and each week look a little better.

3a, some 2c & 3b, medium texture, porosity normal, low elasticity :-(
    washing/cowashing, conditioning, protein tx: curl junkie products
    leave in:curl junkie conditioners and treatments as leave in
    styling: curl junkie 
    sealants - jane carter nourish & shine

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file