Need Help! How to make bottom layers more curly?!?!

SweetScrumptiousSweetScrumptious Posts: 1Registered Users
I have curly hair and I know my bottom layers are more capable of being just as curly as my top layers! I know, because my hair stylist can do it! But whenever I attempt to make my hair curly... well, it starts off as curly... but by the end of the day, my bottom layers just flatten out.

Here's a picture from tonight... a bit more than 12 hrs after I did my hair.

hair12hrs.jpg

Any suggestions or tips for me??? I'm clueless. I use curly products which work amazing. My bottom layers do become a tad curly right after I style it, but def not as much as my top. And by the end of the day, what was slightly curly has fallen apart into wavy... ARG!

Comments

• CurlyMomCurlyMom Posts: 334Registered Users
    what kind of gel or other products do you use?
    2c/3a/3b Fine/med texture, normal porosity, normal elasticity
  • StellarCurlsStellarCurls Posts: 159Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    When I had an issue with some straight pieces sticking out below the curl, it was a problem with the cut. My stylist was cutting the bottom in a U shape, instead of straight across. I mentioned it to her and she fixed it right up!
    APL 3A
    Medium porosity, medium density, medium thickness
    Current routine: Daily co-washing with Giovanni conditioner (whatever is on sale), styling with Catwalk Curls Rock Curl Amplifier, and 1-2x per week cleansing with a Chagrin Valley shampoo bar followed by an ACV rinse
  • mabbott09mabbott09 Posts: 76Registered Users
    hey i had the same problem its so frustrating. It seems to be an issue for 3/a's. It helped a lot for me when I got several inches of damage cut off. I still noticed my bottom layers were drooping so I switched some of my products and styling techniques. I use a good conditioner too. My styling products are [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/AG-Recoil-p-24.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=ag-hair-cosmetics-recoil-curl-activator]AG recoil[/buylink] and and gel with PvP, and PVP/VA Copolymer. It seems to really moisturize and give great hold and definition to my hair. I rake it through sections of my hair thats still wet from the shower, then I scrunch more into my hair with my head flipped over. I use a microfiber towel to scrunch excess water out of my hair before I diffuse my hair scrunching until it is 70% dry. Then I stop touching my hair completely and continue to diffuse my hair until its 100% dry. Then finally I do scrunch out the crunch and it really helps activate the curls on the bottom just go easy scrunching the bottom :)
    3a/M/F/ii very porous highlighted. Loves lots and lots of Protein :D

Poo: DC NoPoo, DC lowpoo, KC come clean
    cowash:V05 moisture milks
    Condish: GVPCB, GF Triple Nutrition, Kenra Moisturizing Conditioner,Elucence MB condish, TIGI O&H, MM
    Leave in- GF TN
    Stylers: fsg, re:coil, LALSG, G2B spike it, HE mousse
    My hair is loving Coconut oil and FSG!!!
    DT: CJCR, SSDD

On the hunt (again) for the perfect gel
    Looking to get Volume AND Shrinkage

HairTwin wanted:afro:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file