CurlTalk

What heat protectant product is CG friendly?

ariesxtremeariesxtreme Posts: 123Registered Users
What does everyone use on the hair before straightening it? Also, you are suppose to put it on dry hair aren't you?

I'd like a heat protectant product that's CG friendly.

Thanks!

Comments

• one way streetone way street Posts: 772Registered Users
    I don't know of any, but try doing a DT before, that should help it from drying out.
    mod. CG 2C-3A/M/iii
    Fotki album and journal updated: 10/01/07
    password: springlet

Currently: Trying to stop straightening so much. Using Elucence conditioner and whatever works for me.
  • JuicyTubeJuicyTube Posts: 2,369Registered Users
    Nothing. It makes a nice sizzling noise. :roll: i just use leave in after i flat iron
    3b-3c CG
  • TroDousTroDous Posts: 241Registered Users
    JMO... but if you are going to flat iron, you are already throwing CG out the window so you might as well protect your hair while you are at it.

Get silicone based heat protectants (i use redkin heat glide on dry hair) to ensure your hair will be curly when you're done. You can just wash it out with a nice strong shampoo then start the CG routine all over again.
    Coily, springy, major shrinkage!
  • ButterflyCurlsButterflyCurls Posts: 46Registered Users
    I just ran across this on a search for the same thing :)
    I did see that blended beauty has a straightening lotion that has no plastics and cones...did you come across any more?
    3b/3c ... Long to my lower back when pulled straight...

/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fpublic.fotki.com%2FAngelinaCurl%2F" class="Popup
    pssw: care free
  • alove15alove15 Posts: 27Registered Users
    There are no effective cg heat protectants because the silicone is what protects the hair from heat.
  • burgundy_locksburgundy_locks Posts: 2,420Registered Users
    GVP Chi Thermal Protection Spray
    Ingredients-

Water(Aqua), Sodium Polystyrene Sulfonate, SD Alcohol 40-B, Propylene Glycol, Polysorbate 20, PPG-20 Methyl Glucose Ether, Disodium EDTA, Hydrolyzed Silk, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein PG-Propyl Silanetriol, Parfum (Fragrance), Diazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Ceramic
    para los gustos se hicieron los colores

i has no hair type? (medium, f-iii), normal porosity, LOW elasticity.
    CG journey began 2/8/09 - 4-08-09.. and then mod cg 4/14/09 -... 03/02/10- Barely CG but I like CG products :)
    wash with Low Poo or Poo
    condition with GVP Conditioning Balm or CJ BC Daily, Loreal Color Vive for Color Treated Hair Thats Normal
    Leave ins- Garnier S&S; Marrakesh oil
    style with - Ohm SHP; KCCC- BRHG or Boots- KCCC- BRHG; CIAB; CCCC
    Protein- GVP Joico K-Pak
    Play with ACV