facial moisturizer

DarbyDarby Registered Users Posts: 1,025 Curl Neophyte
I am looking for a facial moisturizer that is good for very dry skin. Hoping to find one that has some shea and or mango butter. I was interested in getting the alba hawaiian aloe and green tea moisturizer but it looks like they re-formulated it and now it doesn't have mango or shea anymore.
any suggestions?
Darby
PW:curlyhaired

Natural hair color - dark brunette
Fine, thinish hair/3a, 3b

Comments

• battinlashbattinlash Registered Users Posts: 1,850
    Darby, I like C.O. Bigelow moisturizer. It goes on smoothly and keeps my skin nice and soft. It also reduces redness.

I don't believe it contains mango or shea butter so I don't know if you'd be interested. Just throwing it out there. If you ever decide to try it I think mine came from Bath & Body Works. It was a gift.
  • jeepcurlygurljeepcurlygurl Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Posts: 20,731 Curl Virtuoso
    There are many different shea butter moisturizers on Ebay. The brand I've been using for many months now is from this ebay store
    http://stores.ebay.com/Sher-Essence-Natural-Beauty
    They have lots of different shea butter products. Very reasonably priced, full of good ingredients. And they come in dozens of luscious scents. Right now I'm using chocolate mousse and vanilla cream.
    --I'm located in Western PA.   --I found NC in late 2004, CG since February 2005, joined the forums in May 2005, started going grey in late 2005.   --My hair is 3B with some 3A, currently at mid back length when dry,  texture-medium/fine, porosity-top is low, middle is medium, ends are porous, elasticity-normal.   --My long time favorite products are Suave & VO5 conditioners, LA Looks Sport Gel, coconut oil, honey, vinegar.   
    --My CG and grey hair progress -  
    http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/going-gray/179328-jeepys-grey-hair-progress.html   
    --My article at NaturallyCurly about going grey - 
    https://www.naturallycurly.com/curlreading/color/how-i-went-completely-gray-and-loved-it
  • curlyjenncurlyjenn Registered Users Posts: 590 Curl Connoisseur
    I don't know if this will help, but just thought I'd throw it in there! I've been using Olay Total Effects, which I really like. However, I had the bright idea to add a drop of jojoba oil to my dollop of lotion, mix and smear that over my face. All I can say is wow! They both worked ok, but together, they work very well! Feels like silk smoothing over my face! Should work with any moisturizer.
    I'm a 3b, with 3c underneath.
    I'm a product junkie. <3
  • DarbyDarby Registered Users Posts: 1,025 Curl Neophyte
    curlyjen:
    Yes, that does help alot. In fact I ended up keeping the alba hawaiian aloe and green tea and then stopped at the health food store and got some shea and mango butter and I plan on adding that to my moisturizer. Making it more moisturizing and tailoring it to my needs. I thought about getting some jojoba oil too but that's already in my moisturizer.
    Thanks for all the recs -- if this doesn't work, I'll be checking into all those. Except for the real expensive ones :)
    I'm still using my expensive one for nighttime use. I LOVE the stuff but I would like something less expensive.
    Darby
    PW:curlyhaired

Natural hair color - dark brunette
    Fine, thinish hair/3a, 3b

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file