Brushes for Mineral Make Up

MixedUpCurlyChickMixedUpCurlyChick Posts: 2,568Registered Users Curl Neophyte
What are the best types/brands of brushes for loose mineral eye shadow and blush? I always have problems getting them to stick to the brush and then stay put on my face where I need them too!
comic-p.jpg

Comments

• The New BlackThe New Black Posts: 16,754Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I find that fluffier brushes pick up and deposit color better than flat brushes. Like this:

soniakashuksmalleyeshadow.jpg
    montage-3.gif No MAS.

I am the new Black.

"Hope the Mail are saving space tomorrow for Samantha Brick's reaction piece on the reactions to her piece about the reactions to her piece." ~ Tweet reposted by Rou.
  • MixedUpCurlyChickMixedUpCurlyChick Posts: 2,568Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Thanks! Can u recommend a good place to buy them? I bought a MAC brush set a few yrs ago and haven't really gone brush shopping since lol.
    comic-p.jpg
    Target and/or the craft store. The one above is a Sonia Kashuk brush (small eyeshadow brush) I got from Target.

I don't know anymore if expensive brushes are worth it. I have a bunch from Mac, Trish McEvoy and Kevyn Aucoin, but my favorites come from Target and Michael's craft store. They blend/apply color better than most of the pricier ones.
    montage-3.gif No MAS.

I am the new Black.

"Hope the Mail are saving space tomorrow for Samantha Brick's reaction piece on the reactions to her piece about the reactions to her piece." ~ Tweet reposted by Rou.
    I've heard that too...but I did check out some at Michael's once and didn't find the prices to be too cheap lol. Anyway, thanks for the rec, I'll stop in Michael's again and def check out Target. I think I have a brush like that by Mac but it sin't good for loose make up. I would assume I need one with synthetic hairs.
    comic-p.jpg
  • curlyjenn10curlyjenn10 Posts: 2,034Registered Users
    I use E.L.F. brushes for eye shadow and blush. They have two different lines, regular and studio, and both are pretty good. The studio runs a little more expensive (this is relative - studio eye shadow brush is $3), but they always have 50% off coupon codes floating around (sometimes 75%!) so you can get them at good deals, especially if you order something like the studio set. I think they just started selling some at Target too, though I'm not sure which ones...
    CG since 6/15/08!
    Medium-Fine/Normal Porosity

http://collegecurly.blogspot.com/
    Thanks! I think I've seen some of their products at Target...where do u usually buy yours?
    comic-p.jpg
    Michael's has some good sales. Check out the clearance bin for brushes.
    montage-3.gif No MAS.

I am the new Black.

• RedCatWavesRedCatWaves Posts: 31,259Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I have lots and lots of makeup brushes, from el-cheapo to mid-range to expensive. They're not much different from each other. I do prefer the fluffy brushes for picking up mineral pigments. Flat stiff brushes just seem to make a mess.
  • curlyjenn10curlyjenn10 Posts: 2,034Registered Users
    Thanks! I think I've seen some of their products at Target...where do u usually buy yours?

I bought mine a couple months ago directly from the website. They were having an awesome studio sale, so I stocked up.

Before that, I was using Loew-Cornell paint brushes from Michael's.
    CG since 6/15/08!
    Medium-Fine/Normal Porosity

http://collegecurly.blogspot.com/
    Thanks CurlyJenn! I assume wherever I go, it should be synethic hair, right?

The one I have that seems "fluffy" to me is by Mac and doesn't pick up minerals well but I don't believe its synthetic.
    comic-p.jpg
    The Maxine's Mop brush I got from Michael's is natural (goat's) hair and it works well.
    montage-3.gif No MAS.

I am the new Black.

• scoles222scoles222 Posts: 21Registered Users
    I buy all my MMU brushes from Forever Female. They are the best & super cheap! And Ann is such a sweetheart! Sometimes you can find them on her Ebay store even cheaper than the website. And they are so soft! They are addictive! LOL! :tongue3:
    What are the best types/brands of brushes for loose mineral eye shadow and blush? I always have problems getting them to stick to the brush and then stay put on my face where I need them too!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file