We’d like your help getting CurlTalk back on its feet!

By participating on CurlTalk — posting, commenting, liking — in the next few weeks, you will automatically be entered to win amazing prizes.

Our latest winner is Savagegirl!

CurlyCanadian, Bomega and EllaJ have also won wonderful prizes! Will you be next? Post, like, comment, GET ACTIVE and help us get CurlTalk ENERGIZED again!

Learn more!

L'Oreal Vive Pro

gigilaprofgigilaprof Posts: 66Registered Users
Has anyone seen this commercial? I'm fuming. It's reminiscent of The Princess Diaries... They show a frustrated woman with curly hair (granted it's got some frizz) and then it "miraculously transforms" her into a happy, straight-haired beauty after using their product. They then show a series of women, all with straight hair. Ack! What is up with these people???
3B, thick/corkscrew. CG since 9-3-06.

Comments

• Laura P.Laura P. Posts: 23Registered Users
    Well, the whole "beauty" industry is built on us not liking the way we naturally look to get us to buy tons of products (which of course don't even work) to "fix" ourselves. God forbid a hair product commercial show that all kinds of hair textures/colors can be beautiful.
  • sassette726sassette726 Posts: 694Registered Users
    Those ads do have one model with curly hair – she has olive skin and really dark hair that's in 2cish waves. But she's not prominently featured in the ads.
    2b copper penny red
    "While the rest of the species is descended from apes, redheads are descended from cats."

CURRENTLY USING:
    Renpure Moisturizing Shampoo, Body Shop Banana Conditioner, Ouidad Tress Effects GelMy fashion blog:
    /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fa-la-mode-2010.blogspot.com%2F" class="Popup
  • cymprenicympreni Posts: 9,609Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    That made me mad too. I didn't thought her hair looked great in before part.
  • DumbelinaTheDaftDumbelinaTheDaft Posts: 93Registered Users
    Laura P. wrote:
    Well, the whole "beauty" industry is built on us not liking the way we naturally look to get us to buy tons of products (which of course don't even work) to "fix" ourselves.
    The funny thing is that I've spent way more money trying to get my hair to look good curly than I ever did to straighten it. Maybe I should e-mail some companies and tell them they're doing it all wrong (although I'm sure that curly-centric advertising will cause me to spend even more money on products...)
    2c/3a
    Love: Burt's Bees Grapefruit & Sugar Beet Conditioner, Boots, BRHG
  • RedheadCurly2007RedheadCurly2007 Posts: 230Registered Users
    I have always hated that commercial, now that you point it out I really hate it. :roll:
    3B, CG,Corkscrew
    Xtramoist shampoo, Fastfood leave on, Recoil, varnish Gel-Herbal Essances, Totally Twisted
    Irish-American Curly
    Never try to be something you are not, and never be afraid to be who you are.
    RedheadCurly

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file