Best compliment

thickcurlygurlythickcurlygurly Posts: 230Registered Users
This isnt who got the most in one day, but the compliment that was... i guess the most memorable.

mine was at school walking down the hall with a ton of other people and this girl i dont know at all stops me and says "OMG your hair is awesome, i love it." considering my hair was fairly frizzy, it was towards the end of the day so it was gettin messed up, and it was quite large. I'm pretty sure she liked it because it was big, different, and very i guess gutsy.
conditioner: GVP conditioning balm
leave in co: GVP conditioning balm

And my hair hates avg :happy3:

Yes I consider myself obsessed with my hair. :happy7:

Comments

• me_lattame_latta Posts: 2Registered Users
    This isnt who got the most in one day, but the compliment that was... i guess the most memorable.

mine was at school walking down the hall with a ton of other people and this girl i dont know at all stops me and says "OMG your hair is awesome, i love it." considering my hair was fairly frizzy, it was towards the end of the day so it was gettin messed up, and it was quite large. I'm pretty sure she liked it because it was big, different, and very i guess gutsy.

I agree! i love those moments too. sometimes i go to school with my hair OUT & natural and sometimes i wonder do i look crazy or does it look poofy instead of curly....and when i get compliments like "oh, i love your hair!" it just gives me a boost in my confidence and makes me love my natural curls even more!
  • gypsyoftheworldgypsyoftheworld Posts: 54Registered Users
    I have a couple. The first one is I'm at my local Walmart, browsing through the DVDs when a woman walking by me stops, taps me on the shoulder, and tells me she loves my hair and that it's very beautiful. On this day, my hair was an all out frizzy mess to me, but apparently someone likes it.
    The second is where I work. I'm an usher at a movie theatre, which basically means i tear your ticket and tell you which theatre you need to go in to. this one old man, waiting on his family, looks at my hair and asks me if its natural, and when i say yes, he says it looks very beautiful. i blushed, because compliments from strangers make me uncomfortable, and thanked him.
  • Curlz a HotMessCurlz a HotMess Posts: 268Registered Users
    Well, I haven't really gotten a "memorable" compliment in a while, so.....

But, yeah I do have to agree with ya'll!! It's crazy, I'll feel like my hair is a puffy, frizzy, out of control mess, but then someone'll tell me it's beautiful--which really does help with my confidence when I'm not feeling so hair-hot. The thing with my hair is I can't tell whether it's a mess, or gorgeously beautiful! Do you know what I mean?
    Shampoo and Conditioner: Suave Professionals Humectant

Styling & Finishing: Garnier Fructis Sleek and Shine Anti-Frizz serum, Garnier Fructis Moisturizing Leave in conditioner

Sorry, but I LOVE to straighten my hair!

2B, a few 2C & 3A strands in there
  • BeatnikBeatnik Posts: 29Registered Users
    I had lots of people compliment me that day when I wore a twist out last summer, before I put my braids in. My guidance counselor kept coming back to say how amazing my hair looked

*blush* lol

event.png

Graduation- June 12th 2010

Depaul University!- Aug 16th 2010

I've gotten to the point where I have truly realized how freaking AWESOME it is to be natural *pats fro*

Everything I'm not makes me everything I am
  • botticelli_girl922botticelli_girl922 Posts: 896Registered Users
    That's so awesome!

Compliments are great! I <3 them.

My best compliment would probably be:

I was at the mall looking around in the cosmetics section, and a female employee walked by and paused when she took a look at my hair.

"Is your hair natural?" she asked. I told her yes. "Ohhh! It's so beautiful! I would die for hair like that!"

It made me feel so good! :)
    Curl Type: 2c-3a, Medium thickness, Normal Porosity
    Weekly Low-poo: TJ Pure Castile Soap
    Co-wash: V05 Strawberries and Cream
    Conditioner: GVP Conditioning Balm (Possibly HG!), GF Triple Nutrition
    Styling Products: CK, Re:coil, JCRR, JCCC, LALMHG, EcoStyler, SMU Spray Gel, Boots

Life has many choices. Eternity has two. What's yours?
  • SingingSongsSingingSongs Posts: 42Registered Users
    People always ask if my hair is natural when I first meet them.But my favorite compliment was about a year ago when I straightened my hair and a guy friend who I had a huge crush on told me "Why did you straighten your hair like that!? I like your curls way better."

I think that was my most favorite because curly was picked over straight, and cause a guy said it... Compliments from guys are so much more flattering;)
    black bouncy 3a/b curls... And thats all I got to say...
  • CuzzoercCuzzoerc Posts: 164Registered Users
    My most memorable compliment I've got over the years from several diferent girls would have to be...

"can we trade hair please"

and inside my head I was thinking, "sweet I look good with my hair"

so yea that is mine
  • Kim:)Kim:) Posts: 22Registered Users
    Hmm... I was at the grocery store and this man walked up to me and asked if my hair was naturally like that. I nodded, and he was like, "Your hair is so beautiful! Promise me that you will never ever ever straighten it." :iconbiggrin: It made my day.
  • Curlz a HotMessCurlz a HotMess Posts: 268Registered Users
    I think the best I have ever gotten so far is when I went to go see my god-family for Christmas, and both my extremely pro-straight:), straight-haired god-sisters and god-mom were amazed (and even, get this...jealous! *gasp*). It made me so happy--and confident for that matter! :):love7:
    Shampoo and Conditioner: Suave Professionals Humectant

Styling & Finishing: Garnier Fructis Sleek and Shine Anti-Frizz serum, Garnier Fructis Moisturizing Leave in conditioner

Sorry, but I LOVE to straighten my hair!

2B, a few 2C & 3A strands in there
  • snakeCharmersnakeCharmer Posts: 10Registered Users
    I guess it's a huge confidence boost to know someone else admires your locks. There's this girl I pass by on my way to class every day with 3c natural light blond hair. Beautiful!! Have been debating on whether or not saying something will weird her out but according to these posts, she'll be happy to hear it.
    I'm clueless. My hair is in need of your help. Read my posts and reply. My hair and I thank you.
    :love5:
    Peace, love, and curls :angel2:
  • AGirlWithACurlAGirlWithACurl Posts: 44Registered Users
    I love compliments especially if its about our hair because come on us curlies go through such a HARD time to get our hair to be right . In school there are soo many straight haired girls or girls straightening their hair and when they look so effortlessly good i want to as well.

Anyways.. i got a compliment from my friend today and she was saying to my other friend "ooh i love her hair whilst touching my hair" :D made me feel good
    Another one was ages ago where my friend said "I want to marry your hair" Lol
    Mixture of 2's And 3a
    Medium to Coarse

Low Porosity
    Low elasicity
    Started CG 5/08/10
    Co Wash : OS TT&M
    Co :GFR&S
    Style : Boots Pink/Garnier Survivor gel/UG gel/Tigi Curl Amplifer (experimenting)

• wavynwild16wavynwild16 Posts: 2,121Registered Users
    Don't complements just feel so good?! It makes you feel so...pretty! I'm just starting to accept my hair as wavy -- not that I straightened it, but I always brushed it out and didn't really know I had curls until recently. So I don't get too many memorable "curly" complements, but most people like my dark red hair! :) But I do notice that now that I'm wearing my hair curly, I get many more complements than when it's straight. Someone told me they liked my hair today, and it kind of felt wild, so it made me happy! It makes me feel like my curls suit me. Now I know that when I think someone else's curls are pretty, I should totally tell them!
    Type 2c/3a with lots of hair and a super sensitive scalp! Med/slightly coarse texture, low porosity and elasticity.

Favorite...
    Low poo: Organix TTM, Essential Wholesale Free & Clean
    RO/LI: TN, GFTN, YTC
    Stylers: EcoStylers, GF Curl Shaping Gel, Aussie Aussome Volume Mousse & Instant Freeze Gel, GFPC, LALNC, La Bella Lots of Curls, Apricot Oil, KMFUM, AO B5DG
    Extras: sugar scrubs, AVG washes, pre-poos with EVCO, oiling scalp before washes, plopping, gelatin PT.
    Mod-CG since 12/1/10! :happy7:
  • rebel_yell_curlrebel_yell_curl Posts: 12Registered Users
    I love it when people notice your curly hair, it makes it seem worth it.

One of my memorable hair compliments was when I was in the bathroom at school, and I had my curls wrapped in a bun. I took my hair out to redo it, nd a girl with straightened hair beside me gasped and said, "Don't put that back up, it's gorgeous!"

It made me feel alot more confident about wearin my curls, even if the have a touch of frizz that day, or i don't think they look perfect.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file