Hair for work - curly = messy?

rasmuscmrasmuscm Registered Users Posts: 2
I'm in the process of doing the CG thing for the first time in my life. I have fought these curls and now I'm trying to embrace them. I'm also trying to let my hair grow out a bit. I've always worn it short, and blown out.

So, now I'm trying to wear my hair curly, and I gotta say, I think that sometimes I look like I just rolled out of bed, and I can see people looking at my hair, and I'm wondering if they're saying the same thing! I am a research programmer, and while we don't have to wear suits to work (thank Heavens!), I do have to at least look neat... anyone have these issues, or is it just me trying to get used to CG?

thanks!

Comments

• jeepcurlygurljeepcurlygurl Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Posts: 20,730 Curl Virtuoso
    My hair has looked 'messy' for most of my life. I've worked in an office for over 25 years, with the same boss for almost 20. On the rare times that I wear my hair up, he always wonders if I don't feel well. He's used to seeing it down and natural. Luckily we're very casual.
    I would have a hard time working in an environment where people thought that curly hair wasn't 'professional'. I would take out my body jewelry and cover my tattoos, but I don't think I would change anything that I was born with. The exceptions would be in a place where hair could get caught in equipment or in the restaurant business (I wore my hair back when I used to work in restaurants). But that's just me. I'm stubborn.
    --I'm located in Western PA.   --I found NC in late 2004, CG since February 2005, joined the forums in May 2005, started going grey in late 2005.   --My hair is 3B with some 3A, currently at mid back length when dry,  texture-medium/fine, porosity-top is low, middle is medium, ends are porous, elasticity-normal.   --My long time favorite products are Suave & VO5 conditioners, LA Looks Sport Gel, coconut oil, honey, vinegar.   
    --My CG and grey hair progress -  
    http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/going-gray/179328-jeepys-grey-hair-progress.html   
    --My article at NaturallyCurly about going grey - 
    https://www.naturallycurly.com/curlreading/color/how-i-went-completely-gray-and-loved-it
  • SuZenSuZen Registered Users Posts: 1,595
    I'm a manager for a large corporation and I wear my hair down and curly every day. I dress professionally. I have never gotten any static about my hair.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Curl Neophyte
    I think wearing your hair curly does take some getting used to. If you're used to brushing or blow drying your hair smooth, you do feel a little messy at first. Even now, I sometimes look at myself in the mirror and think that I look kind of wild. You could always wear your hair up, back, or half up for work to "contain" it. :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file