How To Clump Hair And Get Ringlets??

MJ4everMJ4ever Posts: 31Registered Users
Hey everyone
My curl type is 3b.I was wondering what to do and techniques to use to get wonderfull clumping results and ringlets.
I have some ringlets at the bottom of my hair but that all.I want all my hair to be wonderfully defined and clump together because what ever I do some hair just doent clump:cwm21:.
(am using [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Mixed-Chicks-Leave-in-Conditioner-p-279.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=mixed-chicks-leavein-conditioner]mixed chicks leave in conditioner[/buylink])
Can any help me.
comment as soon as possile

Comments

• SandiSandi Posts: 364Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    What I do with my hair when I'm lazy and do wash-n-go's (which is like 99% of the time), I co-wash and then rake through my rinse out. Then I scrunch until the clumps start forming (you might need a little bit more water and conditioner.. depends).. and then I rinse out most of the conditioner with cool water, scrunching really gently.. (I leave some of my rinse out in a as a leave-in).

My hair has actually pretty good definition on most of the ringlets.. the curls on the top? Still trying to figure out a clumping magic trick for that..
    Hair Type: 3c/4a, Coarse, Med-High Density, Med-Low Porosity
    Curly since '09
  • Luka LomiLuka Lomi Posts: 13Registered Users
    the denman brush works wonders after a good moisturizing deep conditioning treatment
  • MJ4everMJ4ever Posts: 31Registered Users
    thanks for your replies
    yeh I often use deep consitioner and scrunch whilst in and washing out and I do infact use the denman(its great) some of my hair is define but still most of the hair on my top and back isnt its just a really weird wavey/straight texture:?
    i will keep trying these but is their anyover techniques thankyou.
  • zcurlygirlzcurlygirl Posts: 217Registered Users
    There are a few techniques that people have used to get clumping and ringlets. The ones that I know of are:

Icequeen Method:
    http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/showthread.php?t=69033

Super-Soaker Method: http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/showthread.php?t=81176

I find that if you shower at night and then put your hair in a pineapple (high ponytail on top of head), that helps too.

Good luck! :)
    2c/3a/3b
    Co-Wash: TJ's Nourish
    Conditioner: 1/2 TJ's Nourish, 1/2 AO Honeysuckle Rose
    Leave-in: GDLI, CJ Curl Assurance
    Love: Pineappling, FSG and this website!
    CG Since Sept. 5th, 2009!!!:thumbup:

With the help of StruttsWife's E-book:
    Normal Porosity, Fine Texture (who would've thunk!), normal elasticity, and medium density.

PM me if you have suggestions for my hair (i.e. product, etc.), help would be very much appreciated!
  • MJ4everMJ4ever Posts: 31Registered Users
    thankyou for those suggestions zcurlgirl
    I actually tryed both those methods now(just came out from the shower:toothy5:) they worked great especially the super soaker I did this then plopped for about 15mins and I have great definition and clumps
    thankyou so much:notworthy:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file