Is it bad...

CurlyKikiCurlyKiki Posts: 6Registered Users
Well ok so i one day looked in the mirror and wanted to cry because my face was like infested with acne. mind you i am a teenage girl so its normal when i see acne on my face. I got fed up with my acne i did in tense research and found that some people were saying that Head & Shoulders got rid of their acne... So i tried it and OH MY WORD! Within a week my acne was almost completely gone! Today I wore less make up and felt really good! But is using Head & shoulders bad for the skin. It dries my skin out a little but Well i will tell you what i do every morning and night. 1 I wash my face with water 2 I Take the Head % Shoulders bottle and scrub it into my face 3 Then i wipe it off after like 1 min. 4 i add some of this burning cream that my doctor gave me. I know that the cream she gave me was not the reason my acne went away because i had been using it for like 3 mouths and my acne was still there. ok then 5 i put on Vitamin A lotion so it does not dry my face out as bad! Has anyone else used Head & Shoulders to get rid of their acne?

Comments

• shorticurlzshorticurlz Posts: 1,056Registered Users
    The ingredient that is helping your acne is 'selenium sulfide', you should be careful about using it for too long and make sure you don't ingest any as it is apparently a carcinogen.
    Fine, very porous 3a
    Boycotting all brands owned by L'oreal
  • *Marah**Marah* Posts: 8,032Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Yeah.. I would be careful with putting Head and Shoulders on the face .. seriously.

Let me let you in on a little secret. There is this product called Walgreens Maximum Strength Benzoyl Peroxide Gel.

I have acne prone skin and I am telling you this stuff is my secret weapon. I don't get how something so dirt cheap literally makes blemishes go away in 2 days but it does.

For the most part.. I've controlled my acne for years now with ProActiv or Dr. Wexler products. But around my cycle time.. I can still get flare ups.

Well I was in Walgreens one day and saw the tube of gel and just got it to try it out. I applied it to my face at night after I washed my face really well with my Proactive face wash. I took a cotton ball and smoothed the gel all over my face well. I let it dry and slept in it. Well when I got up the next day.. my face was HALF CLEARED UP!

I was stunned. I used it the next night the same way and when I woke up my entire face was brighter and the acne was GONE! I couldn't believe it.

I've used this product regularly for about a year now and I am telling you the stuff works like a charm for me. I don't know if it will for you but it certainly couldn't hurt to try it out. I have mega oily skin and it doesn't dry my skin out and I still use an oil free moisturizer with sunscreen. The gel does have 10% Benzoyl Peroxide in it...so that higher content which isn't often found in most acne products is probably what's preventing the acne before it starts and healing up any apparent acne fast.

This product is a "holy grail" for me. The awesome thing about it is that is easy to use, cheap as dirt, and readily available at any Walgreens in the skin care section. Try it out!
    tumblr_m9jonzYZmu1re7hjjo1_250.jpg

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file