non-permanent color over permanent?

Mebsy01Mebsy01 Posts: 49Registered Users
I've colored my hair a few times in the last few years, with permanent color unfortunately. The color isn't that dramatic, but as the roots come in, I can definitely tell there is a difference. Now I want to stop coloring and just get my natural color back, but how do I do that without having half of my hair one color and the other half a different color? Can I use non-permanent color on my hair in a shade close to my natural color until all my hair grows in in the natural color?
It's been about 2 months since the last time I colored, so I have about an inch of growth showing up at the roots. I'd like to figure out what I should do. Is it going to damage my hair to use the non-permanent over my already permanently dyed hair? Please help!

Comments

• discojamdiscojam Posts: 17Registered Users
    Mebsy01 wrote: »
    I've colored my hair a few times in the last few years, with permanent color unfortunately. The color isn't that dramatic, but as the roots come in, I can definitely tell there is a difference. Now I want to stop coloring and just get my natural color back, but how do I do that without having half of my hair one color and the other half a different color? Can I use non-permanent color on my hair in a shade close to my natural color until all my hair grows in in the natural color?
    It's been about 2 months since the last time I colored, so I have about an inch of growth showing up at the roots. I'd like to figure out what I should do. Is it going to damage my hair to use the non-permanent over my already permanently dyed hair? Please help!

What colour is your natural hair and what colour is your dyed hair? how many levels difference is between them?
    the level chart attached may help
    xx

PS - I dyed my hair with a semi over a permanent and my hair was okay, all depends on whether youre wanting to go lighter or darker
  • Mebsy01Mebsy01 Posts: 49Registered Users
    my natural color is a medium ashy brown. My dyed color was originally redish brown color but it has faded into a honey color that is lighter than my natural color. Not sure about how many degrees different but I'd say not many, maybe one or two. It's not a huge difference but I can see it and it bugs me.
  • CurliLocksCurliLocks Posts: 10,573Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    If it's not really much different, but enough to bug you, you could try Color by Robert Craig and do Lowlights on the length of the hair in a shade that would resemble the new roots. :)

Just be sure to choose a color about 2-3 shades lighter than the new growth, as it will most likely grab darker on the processed hair. LMK if you need any help with this, or more info. :)

See the bottom of this page for Lowlighting instructions: http://www.robertcraig.com/php/index.php?location=ultrablond

HTH :D
    SF Bay Area, CA * "The Angel-Goddess-Guru of Haircoloring" :D
    3b/c/a mix. medium texture, low porosity
    My Motto: Strand Test! some hair pics
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] -- gone, but never forgotten.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file