Broke my flat iron

SandraDgroovySandraDgroovy Registered Users Posts: 139
Any suggestions on a good quality flat iron? All my friends use CHI, but wanted opinions on other brands that you gals trust & love!!
Sandra, RN & fitness competitor.

Transitioning since 4/2008, with no plans to BC

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sandra-Fields-Fitness-Competitor/115579921807944

event.png

Comments

• curledlovecurledlove Registered Users Posts: 444
    The CHI is the greatest. I have it and I also have another that is pretty good too it is a Jose Eber Pro series. I have no idea where this one was purchased because my mom gave it to me. I don't use either anymore and I'd love to sell one or both to you. PM me if you're interested.
    3c/4a
    I made it! Tailbone length stretched, WL curly

Teri Laflesh's book "Curly Like Me" sits on my desk and everytime I get frustrated and an impulse tells me to shave my head, I look at it in hopes that one day my hair will graze the top of my butt.

event.png

event.png
  • bfly36bfly36 Registered Users Posts: 126
    I have to second the CHI, I have tried Solia, Paul Mitchell Iron, Babyliss Pro, and some other expensive one and the only one that left my hair silky and smooth was the CHI. :happy5:

The babyliss actually gave me more frizz.
    Low Poo: Mastey Traite, GTTT
    Conditioner: GVP,
    Leave Ins: KCKT, Shescentit LI
    Styling: ISO Bouncy Cream, DOC, HETT, KCCC

Still trying to figure out what hair i have lol!!.

Wanting to try: Darcy's, KBB and Botticelli Botanicals.:laughing6:
  • mhtinkerbellmhtinkerbell Registered Users Posts: 13
    Im actually trying to sell my 1in chi...I listed it on makeupgeek forum for 70.00 shipped. its new but I had to buy a solia bc im doin a bkt and needed a flat iron that went to 450...the chi only goes to 375.
  • peyrouxpeyroux Registered Users Posts: 174
    I love Solia better than Chi. The results really are the same for me (3a curls when longer, now it's a 2a wave) as with the chi, add the bonus of a temperature control and the moveable plates.
    2b, high porosity, medium texture
    CG since 11/20/09

Current routine:

low poo: GTTTT
    rinse out: Suave Naturals Aloe and Waterlily
    leave-in: GVP Conditioning Balm or Garnier Fructis Triple Nutrition
    stylers: Proclaim Curl Activator Gel, Proclaim Crystal Ice Protein Gel or Ecostyler Krystal Gel
  • multicultcurlymulticultcurly Registered Users Posts: 5,136 Curl Connoisseur
    I have the solia and I get professional results. You can probably get great results today since it's black friday. I bought mine at www.folica.com, which usually has great deals on expensive, high-end flat irons.
    3b/c, medium-coarse, low porosity, high density
    HG: Jessicurl Too Shea and Kinky Curly Curling Custard
    Shampoo: nonsulfate shampoo and Suave Naturals sulfate shampoo when needed
  • SugarglazedSugarglazed Registered Users Posts: 61
    I have played with Solia, Sedu and my friends Chi-- and hands down my favorite is the Solia, it gets HOT at 450F, and leaves my hair incredibly silky and SOFT.

I do blowdry my hair first since Im a 3b curly or do a roller set then use my solia and my hair is silky- I highly recommend this iron over any other.
    3b/a
    elucence poo/condt, curls asian hair tea ecstasy,curl junkie banana and hibiscus dt, regis olive oil mask, jessicurl too shea,curl keeper, aura gel, pink boots, curl junkie banana and hibiscus leave in-fine
  • anniemaeanniemae Registered Users Posts: 1,702 Curl Neophyte
    I have had a T3 Tourmaline - Bespoke Labs - Narrow Wet-or-Dry - Flat Iron (1 inch) for about 3 years now. It is model # 83910-se. This is THE BEST FLAT IRON. It really straightens and gets rid of frizz for me, plus my hair stays straight all day. It works on both dry and damp hair, and the heat temp goes to 410 degrees.

I bought it on Amazon.

Here is the link: http://www.amazon.com/T3-Tourmaline-83910-se-inch-Narrow/dp/B001AD3CUG/ref=pd_bbs_sr_2?ie=UTF8&s=hpc&qid=1235215413&sr=8-2
    Hair Type - wavy/curly, fine texture, thin/medium density
    2b-c/F/ii
    :dog:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file