CurlTalk

Where to buy a cellphone

SarcasmIsBeautySarcasmIsBeauty Posts: 5,640Registered Users
Without a contract/plan?

I have Sprint, my phone got messed up & I'm using a dinosaur of a phone right now. I'm lookin for a phone with a keyboard because I'm a heavy texter.

I'm currently looking on Ebay, tried Amazon but that's a PITA. Does any one know where I can buy a Sprint phone online because I refuse to spend $180+ on a new phone from Sprint.

TIA!!!
Turtles: omg please don't put that in your moo moo

Nej: too late... moo moo has been infiltrated.

Comments

• MunchyMunchy Posts: 5,206Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    amazon.com?
  • WileE-DeadWileE-Dead Banned Posts: 24,963Banned Users
    I know there is a recent thread on this. Maybe iroc had one?! How about Wally World?
    Ok, I have to ask..what do you have/consider a dinosaur? lol
    I have a Razr...

0004.gif

Ever since the sports thread wars I have sensed a special connection between [edit] & Wile. Like the connection oil has to water. I almost can't speak of it. Wait....my eyes are misting. ~asq
    Let’s just stay together and tell the world to kiss our ass. ~P

• kurlskurls Posts: 843Registered Users
    craigslist.com

Look under your city/area, and then go under 'cell phones' - type in Sprint, and all the Sprint cell phones will come up for sale (private sale). They are MUCH cheaper too cause people usually want to get rid of the phones on that site.
    People will always do what they want to do...no matter what you say!
  • curlysue21curlysue21 Posts: 5,219Registered Users
    Pawn shop?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]2b/c, medium/high porosity, medium/coarse texture
    Current HG: Kinky Curly errythang, GVPCB, LALSG

"I will never be the woman with perfect hair, who can wear white and not spill on it."

• SarcasmIsBeautySarcasmIsBeauty Posts: 5,640Registered Users
    Amazon is a pain because almost all the phone's on there require you to purchase a plan with it, same thing with walmart. I have a plan I just need a new phone preferably under $100. I figure Ebay is my best bet since Sprint sucks, I was just wondering if any one knew of any other sources.

• wild~hairwild~hair Posts: 9,890Registered Users
    Craiglist?
    Wile, the phone Im using now is similar to a razor but it's the sprint version. It's about 6 yrs old & doesn't even have a slot for a mini sd card!

• Laura LeeLaura Lee Posts: 1,828Registered Users
    If you look at Sprint online, they have a ton of phones on sale with "instant savings" and mail in rebates.

I have Sprint too and I'm a heavy texter. I just got the Samsung Exclaim a couple months ago and I really like it so far. It's a two way slider (slide vertical for number pad, slide horizontal for QWERTY keyboard)

/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fnextelonline.nextel.com%2FNASApp%2Fonlinestore%2Fen%2FAction%2FDisplayPhones%3FphoneSKU%3DSPHM550WSS" class="Popup
  • ruralcurlsruralcurls Posts: 2,574Registered Users
    There is a Straight Talk plan offered through Walmart that I just signed up for that does not require a contract. There are 2 plans available. One is $30 a month and you get 1000 min, 1000 texts/picture messages, and 30 MB data. The other plan is $45 and you get unlimited min, texts and data.

There is only one phone with a keyboard available, by Samsung, which is what I have. I like it, but I am not a heavy texter.

/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.straighttalk.com%2F" class="Popup

ETA: I just reread your post and see you are looking for a Sprint phone. :oops: I am sorry, I misunderstood your post. I thought you were looking for a prepaid phone. Maybe the info will help someone else.
    ruralcurls wrote: »
    There is a Straight Talk plan offered through Walmart that I just signed up for that does not require a contract. There are 2 plans available. One is $30 a month and you get 1000 min, 1000 texts/picture messages, and 30 MB data. The other plan is $45 and you get unlimited min, texts and data.

There is only one phone with a keyboard available, by Samsung, which is what I have. I like it, but I am not a heavy texter.

/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.straighttalk.com%2F" class="Popup

ETA: I just reread your post and see you are looking for a Sprint phone. :oops: I am sorry, I misunderstood your post. I thought you were looking for a prepaid phone. Maybe the info will help someone else.

Ruralcurls- Is the coverage any good? It seems too good to be true. (Sorry for the guano SIB).

"I will never be the woman with perfect hair, who can wear white and not spill on it."

Curlysue- it does seem too good to be true. But so far, it seems to work great. Since we moved to this rural area, we have had a tough time finding cell phones that have good coverage and work. So, I had my doubts, and made sure I could return the phone.

I splurged on the Samsung, thinking it would be nice to have access to data every so often. I thought even if the phone would work, I would never be able to access the web, but it works.

There does seem to be a problem with yahoo mobile, which is supposed to get fixed. I can usually access the regular yahoo from the phone. I have been able to access other sites from the phone just fine. It is no iphone, or Blackberry, but suits my purposes just fine. We get so much more with this plan, and our bill is cut in half.

I have not had any problems, but have read customer service is not that great.

Sorry for the long post, but I did a lot of research before I went with this plan!
    Curlysue- it does seem too good to be true. But so far, it seems to work great. Since we moved to this rural area, we have had a tough time finding cell phones that have good coverage and work. So, I had my doubts, and made sure I could return the phone.

I splurged on the Samsung, thinking it would be nice to have access to data every so often. I thought even if the phone would work, I would never be able to access the web, but it works.

There does seem to be a problem with yahoo mobile, which is supposed to get fixed. I can usually access the regular yahoo from the phone. I have been able to access other sites from the phone just fine. It is no iphone, or Blackberry, but suits my purposes just fine. We get so much more with this plan, and our bill is cut in half.

I have not had any problems, but have read customer service is not that great.

Sorry for the long post, but I did a lot of research before I went with this plan!

Thanks! It looks like there is no retail store available in my area though. Booo! :angry3:

CS - can't you order a phone online? It should tell you if the the phone you want would work in your zip code.
    CS - can't you order a phone online? It should tell you if the the phone you want would work in your zip code.

Okay...got it. I'm intrigued though. We have something called Pocket Wireless around here. It's really cheap but the coverage sucks. Thanks!

SIB- any luck yet?

CS, I can't believe I forgot this part - it unofficially runs on the Verizon network. So if Verizon works well where you live then it should be fine.

SarcasmIsBeauty, sorry for the guano. Hope you find your Sprint phone.
    Ruralcurls it's quite alright :)

I'm currently bidding on a Blackberry on E-bay, Craigslist didn't have many options. Thanks for all the information ladies :)