simply breathtaking

bladeblade Registered Users Posts: 3
Tonight I felt my true hair for the first time and it was the most amazingly simple yet breathtaking moment I've had related to this transitioning experience. I big chopped just over a week ago and it has been a time of ups and downs, trial and error, joy and frustration. I've read that many people felt it took a while for their curls to fully take shape, but it is hard to understand what they mean. In the midst of my worries about the negative reactions, self-consciousness about how to adjust to this new look and neuroses about which products to use, my hair was quietly coiling. As I washed my hair this evening, I noticed that my fingers were running over distinct spirals. My fingertips glided over the ridges with amazement and I stared in awe at the beautiful pattern they made without the aid of heat or chemicals.

There have been points this week when I wondered if I did the right thing. But tonight, I got teary-eyed at the wondrousness of myself, just as I am. I'm sorry that I waited so long to experience it.

I have been using this site as a resource for almost a year now although I've never posted. This site and all of you have been more helpful to me than you could imagine. I just wanted to share in the hopes that it may offer some small encouragement to someone having a blah moment on this journey.

Comments

• SandraDgroovySandraDgroovy Registered Users Posts: 139
    :) I know the feeling! The ups and downs, trials and errors! I hadn't seen my natural curls since I was a kid, and growing it out has been a long process. I finally had that moment of loving and embracing my hair recently as well. I could never go back to relaxers! Congrats on your hair journey
    Sandra, RN & fitness competitor.

Transitioning since 4/2008, with no plans to BC

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sandra-Fields-Fitness-Competitor/115579921807944

event.png
  • Naturally1908Naturally1908 Registered Users Posts: 56
    Congrats to you and thank you for sharing with us. That is fantastic! I can't wait for my hair to get a little longer (I have about 3-4 inches of new growth) so that I can have that same moment.
    Monique - Natural Hair Advocate - Blogger
    Proud Member of Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Inc
    I tweet! www.twitter.com/naturally1908
    I blog! www.naturalandfab.com

event.png

event.png

[/CENTER]
  • mermadelovemermadelove Registered Users Posts: 188
    What a beautiful and heartfelt expression of your experience!! YOu are making me want to BC right now!!! I've been transitioning since March '09. I have 3 1/2 inches of new growth. The only thing that is stopping me is that it would be waaaay shorter than I've EVER worn my hair and I know I would be traumatized. I think I may need to set a goal date for the BC, though!:wink:
    3c/4a/fine strands/medium porosity/iii-dense!
    http://public.fotki.com/mermadelove/natural-hair-journey/
    wash: JC Hair Cleansing Cream or cowash
    Leave in: HE Dangerously Straight, HE HH
    Occasional Treatmet/Pre-poo: AV Shikakai Growth Elixir, Wild Woozle Tiare Pomade, Ojon Restorative Hair Tx
    Tightly Curly Method Convert <3 cured of PJism (alas.....) Now I'm a makeup PJ!!! :D
    BC'd on 6/17/10!!!! Do I like it??:confused: I love it!!
    ~*~~*Sparkle on!*~~*~

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file