Puffy (baggy) Eyes, Dark Circles

VersaceCrazyVersaceCrazy Posts: 662Registered Users
Was wondering if any of you ladies are plagued by this. I've had puffiness under my eyes since my early teens; my mom told me that mine are hereditary, although she doesn't have them, my father's side of the family does.

I've tried just about every cream under the sun, but now that I'm getting older (late late 20's lol) they're more noticeable and I'm afraid that it's going to cause me to look like I'm aging more than I would be if I didn't have them.:angry7:

Has anyone tried a remedy for this that actually works?
http://members.fotki.com/Versacecrazy/

CURL JUNKIE ZOMBIE !!!:tshirt:

Comments

• *Marah**Marah* Posts: 8,032Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I use the Oil of Olay eye gel. I put it in the fridge and use it cold.

I did have aweful puffiness under my eyes and I have had occassional mild dark circles. I used to actually put a fricken homemade ice pack under my eyes in the morning.

Then I started using the Oil of Olay and stuck it in the fridge to keep it chilled. Over time I have definitely noticed a change. The puffiness isn't so pronounced and the little bit of darkness I did have under my eyes has cleared up.

I also started drinking more water and giving myself facial massages to increase circulation. I also use occassionally one of those gel eye masks that you can chill in the freezer. That helps a lot with any puffiness.

Having said that.. if dark circles are hereditary (in my case it isn't) they are kind of hard to get rid of.. I did see on The Doctors that there are some treatments to help with it..but trying to get rid of them at home is darn near impossible.

But the puffiness can be helped in a lot of cases by cutting back on salt, drinking a lot of water, using a gel ice pack, and treating the eyes with something like the Oil of Olay.. I say use it cold.
    tumblr_m9jonzYZmu1re7hjjo1_250.jpg
  • VersaceCrazyVersaceCrazy Posts: 662Registered Users
    I use the Oil of Olay eye gel. I put it in the fridge and use it cold.

I did have aweful puffiness under my eyes and I have had occassional mild dark circles. I used to actually put a fricken homemade ice pack under my eyes in the morning.

Then I started using the Oil of Olay and stuck it in the fridge to keep it chilled. Over time I have definitely noticed a change. The puffiness isn't so pronounced and the little bit of darkness I did have under my eyes has cleared up.

I also started drinking more water and giving myself facial massages to increase circulation. I also use occassionally one of those gel eye masks that you can chill in the freezer. That helps a lot with any puffiness.

Having said that.. if dark circles are hereditary (in my case it isn't) they are kind of hard to get rid of.. I did see on The Doctors that there are some treatments to help with it..but trying to get rid of them at home is darn near impossible.

But the puffiness can be helped in a lot of cases by cutting back on salt, drinking a lot of water, using a gel ice pack, and treating the eyes with something like the Oil of Olay.. I say use it cold.

Thanks! I use the Oil of Olay eye cream (it doesn't seem to help), but haven't seen the eye gel..I'll give that a try.
    http://members.fotki.com/Versacecrazy/

CURL JUNKIE ZOMBIE !!!:tshirt:
  • rouquinnerouquinne Posts: 13,737Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    hereditary puffy eyes will only respond to surgery. the dark circles are caused by thin skin with blood pooling underneath. no cream, gel or topical anything will work on them.

try raising the head of your bed slightly so that blood flows away from your head while you're sleeping. it only has to be a few inches to make a difference.
    My blog:

http://labellatestarossa.blogspot.ca/

Little Mother of all the Roaches, President-for-Life of the MAC Harlots!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file