Help! I can't stop sleeping on my face!

rippleripple Posts: 2Registered Users
I even got one of those Save my Face pillows, but I wake up with it all squished to the side. I'm beginning to get those lines on the sides of my nose.

Does anyone have any suggestions? I've worked so hard to take care of my skin and stay out of the sun--I'd hate to get wrinkles now.

Also, is there anything that can be done to get rid of those beginning lines? i'm in my mid-30s.:sad1::sad1:

Comments

• VersaceCrazyVersaceCrazy Posts: 662Registered Users
    I wish I could give you some advice..but I have the same problem, I sleep on my face too and I am starting to see "smile lines" is that what you're talking about?

I never knew that sleeping on your face contributes to this...well, I'm bumping for you!
    http://members.fotki.com/Versacecrazy/

CURL JUNKIE ZOMBIE !!!:tshirt:
  • RedCatWavesRedCatWaves Posts: 31,259Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I sleep on my face also...always have, always will. What's the alternative though? Sleeping on your back and snoring like a freight train, like my husband does. No thanks.

Get a silk charmeuse pillowcase and you won't see sheetmarks in the morning and you will reduce "drag" on your face while sleeping. Silk is better for your hair anyway.
  • *Marah**Marah* Posts: 8,032Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Ohhh I wish I HAD this problem believe it or not because it seems more comfortable.

I sleep on my back and it is annoying! I always go to bed and lay on my side curled up..always..but no matter WHAT.. I always wake up on my ding dang back! My husband and I have tried to figure out ways to keep me on my side but nothing works. :(

As far as facial lines.. try the Oil of Olay line. I use it and it works really well. I am in my early 30's and I have no lines and wrinkles and I darn sure am doing everything I can to hold them off as long as possible. The Oil of Olay has been working great for me.. it has been keeping my skin soooooo soft and smooth. I mean it literally feels like a babies skin.

Which is saying a lot particularly because I have acne prone skin and use Proactiv. Proactiv really has pretty much kept my acne almost non-existent.

I've never particularly had smooth skin on my face but it always used to feel terribly oily. I could get it softer but never really smooth and soft. Not until I started using the Oil of Olay line. I can actually visibly see and feel the difference in my skin. My appearance seems more youthful. My husband says he definitely see the change.

I also have darkness under my eyes. I started using the Oil of Olay eye cream and it's helped tremedously. I stick mine in the fridge and use it cold. Very soothing.

So I would say if you want something from the drugstore that you can get quick and not to expensive try the Oil of Olay line! And you may definitiely want to get a silk or satin pillowcase. I use satin and I only them for my hair but I did notice that I don't get those line things on my face anymore since I've been using the satin cases instead of the cotton.
    tumblr_m9jonzYZmu1re7hjjo1_250.jpg
  • rouquinnerouquinne Posts: 13,734Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Get a silk charmeuse pillowcase and you won't see sheetmarks in the morning and you will reduce "drag" on your face while sleeping. Silk is better for your hair anyway.

this is a common misconception.

silk is a fibre made from silk worms. it can be just as rough as anything else.

what you're looking for to save your hair - and face, i guess - is satin.

satin is a tight weave that feels smooth to the touch and it can be made of silk, polyester and cotton. any of those fibres in satin weave are slippery and cool to the touch.
    My blog:

http://labellatestarossa.blogspot.ca/

Little Mother of all the Roaches, President-for-Life of the MAC Harlots!
    rouquinne wrote: »

this is a common misconception.

silk is a fibre made from silk worms. it can be just as rough as anything else.

what you're looking for to save your hair - and face, i guess - is satin.

satin is a tight weave that feels smooth to the touch and it can be made of silk, polyester and cotton. any of those fibres in satin weave are slippery and cool to the touch.

Um...that's what I said. Silk charmeuse is a satin weave.
  • rouquinnerouquinne Posts: 13,734Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    you said silk is better for your hair.

it isn't the fibre that's better - it's the weave.
    My blog:

http://labellatestarossa.blogspot.ca/

Little Mother of all the Roaches, President-for-Life of the MAC Harlots!
    rouquinne wrote: »
    you said silk is better for your hair.

it isn't the fibre that's better - it's the weave.

I thought it was understood what I meant, since I specified CHARMEUSE in my first sentence.

pick.pick.pick.pick.pick

I'll be sure post much.more.carefully in your domain.
  • janeylizjaneyliz Posts: 777Registered Users
    I'm feeling for you. I've an interesting group of lines above my right cheek where it's been squished up by the pillow over the years. Sniff.
    Marchioness Chinoise in the land of Mancunia Productia Junkia in the Order of the Curly Crusaders

DT: AOHR
    Wash: Anita Grant babassu bar
    Leave-in: Body Shop cotton seed curl boost with manuka honey mixed in
    Gel: Umberto Giannini Curl Friends scrunching gel
    Odds & ends Lime juice, honey, Anita Grant cafe latte
    I brush with a Tangle Teezer & love Flexi-8's
    www.public.fotki.com/janeyliz
    www.thelilyfoundation.org.uk
  • 2poodles2poodles Posts: 2,485Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Where do you get a silk charmeuse pillowcase that's not horribly expensive?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]2Poodles :flower: Southeast PA
    fine, med porosity, normal elasticity
    Currently using the following 2 - 3 x/week:
    Living Proof Perfect Hair Day suphate-free Poo, cone-free CO and styling treatment, plus KCCC

2poodles wrote: »

eBay...about $20-$30 each, depending on size and fabric weight. Be sure to look at the momme (weight) before purchasing just any old silk pillowcase. A momme of 19 is very nice, and 22+ is VERY luxurious. Don't buy anything below 19.
  • wild~hairwild~hair Posts: 9,890Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    So now we get lines from sleeping? :shaking:

After a moment of shock and regaining my equilibrium, this is my reaction: who cares! I like sleep too much to worry about what position I'm doing it in. :wink:
    wild~hair wrote: »

After a moment of shock and regaining my equilibrium, this is my reaction: who cares! I like sleep too much to worry about what position I'm doing it in. :wink:

And that's a perfectly reasonable reaction to have as a young person (you're 20ish, yes?). Let me know how you feel about it in 20-25 years or so, when you look in the mirror in the morning and say "WTF happened to my face? It was fine when I went to bed." You'll be shopping for a silk satin pillowcase too. ;)
  • wild~hairwild~hair Posts: 9,890Registered Users Curl Neophyte

And that's a perfectly reasonable reaction to have as a young person (you're 20ish, yes?). Let me know how you feel about it in 20-25 years or so, when you look in the mirror in the morning and say "WTF happened to my face? It was fine when I went to bed." You'll be shopping for a silk satin pillowcase too. ;)

I'm 40. :)

I'm not going to ask what that says about my online persona. Don't really want to know, actually!

I already have the silk satin pillowcases, but they were purchased for my hair. Highly recommend.

I'm not going to ask what that says about my online persona. Don't really want to know, actually!

I already have the silk satin pillowcases, but they were purchased for my hair. Highly recommend.

HA...nevermind then. I confuse you with someone else sometimes.
  • rippleripple Posts: 2Registered Users
    Thanks so much for the replies. My lines seem to be coming more from my face getting squished than sheet lines, though. Like the weight of my head is squeezing my cheek against my nose, and making likes that way.
    Can these be gotten rid of?
    I wish I could just sleep on my back!
  • 2poodles2poodles Posts: 2,485Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    2poodles wrote: »

eBay...about $20-$30 each, depending on size and fabric weight. Be sure to look at the momme (weight) before purchasing just any old silk pillowcase. A momme of 19 is very nice, and 22+ is VERY luxurious. Don't buy anything below 19.

Thanks so much! I especially like the info re: momme. I never even heard that term before - I know nothing about fabric.... But now I know enough to locate decent pillow cases!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]2Poodles :flower: Southeast PA
    fine, med porosity, normal elasticity
    Currently using the following 2 - 3 x/week:
    Living Proof Perfect Hair Day suphate-free Poo, cone-free CO and styling treatment, plus KCCC

• wild_sasparillawild_sasparilla Posts: 4,306Registered Users

HA...nevermind then. I confuse you with someone else sometimes.

Is it me? Our names both start with wild and I'm 20. Heh, even if you haven't, I once mixed wild~hair up with myself - that was weird. Like, "When the heck did I type that?"

And 2poodles, same here, I had no idea such a term existed! RCW, I seem to keep learning new words/definitions from you lately. :lol:
    OMG, LOOK!!

...It's a siggie. :shock:

Is it me? Our names both start with wild and I'm 20.

Yep...you two wild-things confuse me.
  • wild_sasparillawild_sasparilla Posts: 4,306Registered Users
    Ha, guess what song's in my head right now....
    OMG, LOOK!!

...It's a siggie. :shock:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file