CurlTalk

14 year old son wont stop scratching scalp

bfly36bfly36 Posts: 126Registered Users
Have tried sls free shampoos but son continues to have dandruff and itch all day. :tongue6: Very dry scalp, any help please.:blob8:
Low Poo: Mastey Traite, GTTT
Conditioner: GVP,
Leave Ins: KCKT, Shescentit LI
Styling: ISO Bouncy Cream, DOC, HETT, KCCC

Still trying to figure out what hair i have lol!!.

Wanting to try: Darcy's, KBB and Botticelli Botanicals.:laughing6:

Comments

• Katie@HappyGirlHair.comKatie@HappyGirlHair.com Posts: 31Registered Users
    You might need to take him to a dermatologist. While you wait for an appointment, you could try having him co-wash exclusively or use plain water to wash his scalp and just put conditioner on the ends. With that method, his scalp may itch a little more for a few days or a week, but if he can stick it out it may eliminate the itching and dryness.

I'm speaking form my own experience. My scalp cannot tolerate shampoo at all, even non-SLS shampoo. The itching and dryness that I had for years is gone now just by switching to a co-wash. Every now and then, if my scalp feels like it needs something more, I mix brown sugar and conditioner and use it as a scalp scrub.
  • LiliputLiliput Posts: 55Registered Users
    I did try SLS free shampoos and worked ok for my dandruff itch but still had snow flakes. I tried commercial dandruff shampoos and they were horrible (even one recommended by my doc). In the end I got some mane 'n tail and, would you believe it worked? No itches and no flakes. Hubby thinks I am crazy for using horse stuff but, hey...
  • modelt23modelt23 Posts: 11Registered Users
    I have itchy scalp too I use apple cider vinegar as a rinse I let it sit for 3 mins. Rinse hair and scalp than let water run through hair. Condition rinse out conditioner and proceed to style. HTH