how do you not get annoyed with comments?

mm2ndjmm2ndj Registered Users Posts: 156
white stylists have NEVER failed to make a rude, insulting comment about my hair.

the most sensitive stylist i'd found said "is your DH ok with your curly hair? or does he prefer it straight?"

i wanted to snap "it's just hair. really."

i said "he likes it curly also."

but it bugs me. i mean her hair wasn't as perfect as she probably thinks it is. would i ever ask her if her husband was ok with her hair the way it is? my god that's rude of a practical stranger to say to you while you're sitting under their scissors in a hair salon.

Comments

• ninja dogninja dog Registered Users Posts: 23,780 Curl Neophyte
    Wow! These sound like very rude people. Have you been able to find a stylist who wears her/his hair curly or natural? Hopefully that would help.

I wouldn't go back to someone insulting.
  • roxythekillerroxythekiller Registered Users Posts: 13
    mm2ndj wrote: »
    white stylists have NEVER failed to make a rude, insulting comment about my hair.

the most sensitive stylist i'd found said "is your DH ok with your curly hair? or does he prefer it straight?"

i wanted to snap "it's just hair. really."

i said "he likes it curly also."

but it bugs me. i mean her hair wasn't as perfect as she probably thinks it is. would i ever ask her if her husband was ok with her hair the way it is? my god that's rude of a practical stranger to say to you while you're sitting under their scissors in a hair salon.

Mmm, in response to the stylist asking about your DH, you should have said something very vulgar, like, "He spends more time staring at my ass, so I wouldn't know." Or, better yet, say, "Who cares? I rent him by the hour."
    There is no reason to be extra-nice to people who are rude to you. You don't have to start drama, but hinting at an inappropriate question with some humor is a nice way to make a point without completely being completely hurtful--- or coming off as a jerk.
  • BoomygrrlBoomygrrl Registered Users Posts: 4,940 Curl Neophyte
    "Who gives a rat's @ss what the husband thinks. I like it curly! Case closed." You could say that. :-)
    That's right, I said it! I wear scrunchies!!

I am a sulfate washing, cone slabbing, curly lovin' s.o.b. The CG police haven't caught me yet.
    :blob8:

3a/3b

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file