Skip Curl for Transitioning Styling

Curl CanuckCurl Canuck Registered Users Posts: 6
So about six months ago, after 6 years of relaxing/bleaching/heat styling my hair, I finally decided to take a break and say this is enough. I was spending way too much time on my hair every morning for mediocre at best results and I was getting tons of breakage.

Unfortunately my hair's so damaged that the curl pattern is a mess and for a while my hair was just a gross pile of frizz. Buuuut the Skip Curl technique (there's a video on youtube) in the right places really makes a difference I find.

It's a little time-consuming but you don't have to do your whole head and it's just a temporary way of styling your hair without heat until your hair starts to get healthier.

Anyways, just thought I'd share! It's made my hair much less of a nightmare! :blob8:

Comments

• TeresinaTeresina Registered Users Posts: 291 Curl Neophyte
    I'm trying this too while I transition. I actually just skip curled my hair this morning and am waiting for it to dry. Unfortunately, my thermally reconditioned straight ends just won't hold the twist so I'll have to hit the ends with a curling iron. The skip curling definitely makes my hair look smoother and more controlled though.
    Teresina
    3b/3c/4a coarse, high porosity
  • kacie_luvskacie_luvs Registered Users Posts: 96
    How do u skip curl??

Does it involve heat???
    i currently dont have access to youtube:cry:
    DEALING WITH LIFE DAY BY DAY...:blob3:
    TRANSITIONG IS HARD!! BUT.I LUV MY HAIR:love7:
    HAIR TYPE:4a EVERYWHERE!!!!
    fine in the front;thicker in the back...
    Last relaxer:May 9th.09
    Currently 7 months post (going by every 4 weeks)
    in kinky twists indefinitely:santa:
  • alidanalidan Registered Users Posts: 111
    Is this an example of skip curl?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XnQmcq5qAIM
    Rock your own style, dance to your own beat
    BC'ed on 12/19/09, transitioned 9 month 12 days and loving every Minute.
    Products LOVES:
    SheaMoisture CES, Ecostyle OO, Long Aid gel, castor, Olive & jojoba oil, Shea butter, V05 Strawberry, Cream Of Nature Argan Oil treatment, Crece Pelo, Silicon Mix, NuNATT, Karite masque.

Products lines I would love to try: Miss Jessie's, KBB , Qhemets and Hairveda.

http://public.fotki.com/Antiguancurlygirl
  • TeresinaTeresina Registered Users Posts: 291 Curl Neophyte
    Yup, where he's twisting or curling the hair around his finger like that. Some people "skip" their hair when they get to the end, like you skip rope. Anyway...if you try it I think it definitely works better with smaller sections of hair like he shows in the video. I did it with sections that were too big and it looked like I had sausages all over my head LOL.
    Teresina
    3b/3c/4a coarse, high porosity

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file