Brushed hair! Anyone brave enough to show us yours?

BrioBrio Posts: 1,432Registered Users
OK, it's way too late at night. I'm being silly. I should be in bed, but I'm not. I've been playing with my hair, attempting to do some up do's. Since my hair was sort of disheveled anyway from the attempted bun, I pulled out the hairbrush and totally made a bush.

Anyone else is a silly mood and want to share your photos? Or am I the only person willing to embarrass myself????? :D

September2006003.jpg
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Frizz Happens!
my Fotki hair journey/experiment diary PW is brio (and I really need to update it!)

3A hair; coloring with henna/indigo since July 2009; normally follow the CG method. Still searching for my HG products!

Comments

• internetchickinternetchick Posts: 6,191Registered Users
    My hair wouldn't fit on the screen if I brushed it out :lol:
  • DMarieDMarie Posts: 89Registered Users
    At UM, I had a student who had the most beautiful, enviable curls you've ever seen. They were perfectly spiraled, zero frizz, no droop. Another curly and I nearly fainted, though, when she told us she brushes her hair every morning. Despite this fact, her curls never budged, not an inch. Unfortunately, a hairdresser in what I like to call "Land of the Straight," the city she lives in, convinced her to chop it all off, and her poor curls never looked the same. If you have curls that are that perfect, even after you brush them, those sound like keepers, to me.
  • SYBSYB Posts: 305Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Brio thanks for being brave enough to show us your hair dry brushed :P !
    "Curls Tester"
    Products in my current regime: Nioxin Scalp Therapy Shampoo, ORS Replenishing Pak, Curls Whipped Cream, Curls Souffle, Curls Spiral Curls Cream, Curls Milkshake, Curls Quenched, BB(Bonner Brothers) Growth Lotion
  • threequarterscurlythreequarterscurly Posts: 24Registered Users
    Wow, lol. When I used to brush my hair like everybody else, it was sortof triangular. But since I've been trying to keep my hair curly, I don't brush anymore so I dunno if it would look defferent than before or worse! Funny pic though.
    Not sure what type of hair I have, but it's curly!
  • Kgrl17Kgrl17 Posts: 137Registered Users
    Mine would be huge brushed out also. I don't have a pic on my computer right now and my hair is wet so I can't really show anyone what my brushed hair looks like
  • WendyCWendyC Posts: 28Registered Users
    Ha :lol: very cute! If I had my camera I would :wink:
    3b-3c
  • Ab-starAb-star Posts: 1,128Registered Users
    Heck, I'm not even brave enough to brush my hair, much less show everyone!! You still are pretty....and I love your color!!

:D
    MY HAIR ALBUM
    pw - jack

Going natural for the summer...just a dab of ArcAngell!
  • BrioBrio Posts: 1,432Registered Users
    CHICKENS! :P

If nothing else, I know I have a built-in Halloween costume!

thanks, Ab-Star, especially since that was a way-too-late-at-night picture. My sleep schedule is sooo messed up with the long holiday. I'm going to be miserable tomorrow at work.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Frizz Happens!
    my Fotki hair journey/experiment diary PW is brio (and I really need to update it!)

3A hair; coloring with henna/indigo since July 2009; normally follow the CG method. Still searching for my HG products!
    Just for you Brio :D

IMG_0459.jpg
  • fraggleheadfragglehead Posts: 56Registered Users
    Oh this is fun! You both still look gorgeous! :D I would post one but I do not know how to post pics directly to the page. :(
    2c/3a very thick!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The older you get, the tougher it is to lose weight, because by then your body and your fat are really good friends. ~Author Unknown
  • gigilaprofgigilaprof Posts: 66Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Internetchick - your hair does "the lion" just like mine!
    (Very brave, BTW... and it's still gorgeous!)
    3B, thick/corkscrew. CG since 9-3-06.

IMG_0459.jpg

Rosanna Rosanna Danna has nothing on you!! :D

LOL!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Frizz Happens!

• UnrulyCurlsUnrulyCurls Posts: 33Registered Users
    Hmmm. I tried this last week with my silly sister..I put my hair in a littly ponytail, buuut, you can still see how big it is. I'll post a picture:

ahhhhh.jpg
    3B/3C, thick, biracial curls
    Modified CG
    Loving my Coconut Oil
    Scouting for the best straightener
    You've got the look, girl!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Frizz Happens!

• RheannaRheanna Posts: 2,614Registered Users
    LOL @ all of ya!! I used to have one in my fotki, and now I don't even have it on my computer :) I should take one; this is hilarious :)

I especially think it's funny and also traumatic because that is how my hair looked for many years! :lol: Thanks Mom!
    DPTFm5.png
  • EilonwyEilonwy Posts: 12,391Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    My hair looks a bit like internetchick's when brushed, but with a lot more static. It defies gravity.
    OK here goes nothin' :) Sadly, it looks a lot better in the pic than it does in person - I'm assuming that's thanks to the flash. In person it looks more straw-like and frizzy. Does anyone else's feel unbelievably soft though? Mine looks like it would feel awful, but its' really soft...

evilbrush.jpg

Please excuse the weird look on my face and the no-makeup, half asleep look in general, lol :D
    DPTFm5.png
    Rheanna you suck! Your hair still looks good LOL :twisted: Yep, my hair felt soft too.
    LOL thanks IC :) Like I said, it looks better in the pic than it actually did! It looked very strange and cottony in person. Won't be sporting that style any time soon! Yours cracked me up because there was so much of it :) Mine stays flat at the top anyhow, partly because I really need to go take a shower and instead am goofing around on the net :)
    DPTFm5.png
  • JuicyTubeJuicyTube Posts: 2,369Registered Users

IMG_0459.jpg
    oh my god lol but u have a lot of hair =)
    3b-3c CG
    Rheanna83 wrote:
    OK here goes nothin' :) Sadly, it looks a lot better in the pic than it does in person - I'm assuming that's thanks to the flash. In person it looks more straw-like and frizzy. Does anyone else's feel unbelievably soft though? Mine looks like it would feel awful, but its' really soft...

evilbrush.jpg

Please excuse the weird look on my face and the no-makeup, half asleep look in general, lol :D

You are a cutie, even with your "half-asleep" look!

Your hair brushed looks like my son's hair. His hair is rather long and he's got plenty of wave. It might even be curly. I keep telling him he needs to stop brushing it and scrunch in some gel after his shower. I'm just his mom, though. What do I know? (He's 15 - got that hormone thing going on.)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Frizz Happens!

Brio wrote:
    Your hair brushed looks like my son's hair. His hair is rather long and he's got plenty of wave. It might even be curly. I keep telling him he needs to stop brushing it and scrunch in some gel after his shower. I'm just his mom, though. What do I know? (He's 15 - got that hormone thing going on.)

My son too! And he's 15 as well! He has the greatest hair but refuses to let me help him with it. He brushes it out everyday. :?

PS You do not look old enough to have a 15 year old! ;)
    MY HAIR ALBUM
    pw - jack

Ab-star wrote:
    Brio wrote:

My son too! And he's 15 as well! He has the greatest hair but refuses to let me help him with it. He brushes it out everyday. :?

LOL! thanks. My oldest is 20!

You don't look old enough for a teenager, either.

Live and learn, though. I used to make my oldest go brush her hair! She's discovered she's a wavy/slight curly and following CG now.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Frizz Happens!

• tooj68tooj68 Posts: 471Registered Users
    You guys are sooo funny! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Internetchick--You are SOOOOO the best!!! And you're still soo pretty!!

I used to do it and "tease" my hair as a joke, just to scare my family. My hair has the ability to be HUGE!!!!!! I mean I am a 3B with TONS of frizzy hair!! EVERY stylist I've ever had since I was a kid has always remarked with a horrified expression, "WOW--You've got A LOT OF HAIR!!!"

I would do it today, but I just spent 4 hours drying it cause I go back to WORK tomorrow--UGH!! :cry:
    3B, with oodles and oodles of curly hair! :toothy7:
    Summer Faves: Devacare NoPoo & OneC, CF High Humidity Gel.
    2nd day hair: Deva Set Me Up pomade & Mr. Right
    DT: Devacurl Heaven in Hair
    Been CG since 2005 and never looked back!
  • one way streetone way street Posts: 772Registered Users
    tooj68 wrote:
    "WOW--You've got A LOT OF HAIR!!!"

Me too! Everytime I get a haircut, they're like, "YOU'VE GOT SOME HAIR, GIRL!"
    mod. CG 2C-3A/M/iii
    Fotki album and journal updated: 10/01/07
    password: springlet

Currently: Trying to stop straightening so much. Using Elucence conditioner and whatever works for me.
    Brio wrote:
    Ab-star wrote:
    Brio wrote:

LOL! thanks. My oldest is 20!

You don't look old enough for a teenager, either.

Live and learn, though. I used to make my oldest go brush her hair! She's discovered she's a wavy/slight curly and following CG now.

WOW! You're a young looking mama! My oldest is 19 (okay she's my step-daughter but I'm the only mom she's ever known...and she's making me a GRANDMA next year. :shock: ) Anyhow...

How cool that your daughter is finding waves in her hair! I'll bet she doesn't brush it anymore!! Sons on the other hand...what can you do?? :D
    MY HAIR ALBUM
    pw - jack

Aww thanks Brio :) I wasn't even half asleep in that pic, I just looked it for some reason! lol
    DPTFm5.png
    Rheanna83 wrote:
    LOL thanks IC :) Like I said, it looks better in the pic than it actually did! It looked very strange and cottony in person. Won't be sporting that style any time soon! Yours cracked me up because there was so much of it :) Mine stays flat at the top anyhow, partly because I really need to go take a shower and instead am goofing around on the net :)

Mine wasn't even brushed out all the way :lol: It was starting to create tangles so I quit. It gets much bigger.MUCH.
    Rheanna83 wrote:

Mine wasn't even brushed out all the way :lol: It was starting to create tangles so I quit. It gets much bigger.MUCH.

Wow! That's a lot of hair :D
    DPTFm5.png
    Well the devil made me do it. I've had a sucky day and after I took it out on my curls (great stress buster!) the kids and I had a good laugh. :lol: Then my daughter asked, you won't look like that tomorrow will you?

I tried to hide as much of my face as I could...
    20331939.jpg
    MY HAIR ALBUM
    pw - jack

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file