my haircut with Tiffany (Struttswife)

Elphie2983Elphie2983 Registered Users Posts: 145 Curl Neophyte
Sadly, it's taken me awhile to get this review here :)

I had my hair cut by the curl master (Tiffany) on 10/24, and it was a fabulous experience.

A little bit about me: I live in NY, and went to visit my parents who live near Sarasota, and was able to schedule an appt with Tiffany. I've been CG for almost 2 years now, and up until the point of my hair cut, I was using shampoo bars + ACV rinse + giovanni smooth as silk conditioner.

So, we had no problem finding her salon, and I got there, and walked in, and one of the other stylists saw me looking around and said "Don't worry, Tiffany is here", I was wondering how she knew...then I realized I had curly hair, so that meant I was there to see Tiffany ;)

Tiffany came out and then sat me down and asked what I wanted out of the hair cut, what I liked about my hair, what I didn't, that sort of thing, it was really great, I had no qualms really about my hair, and yet she managed to make it better even still :)

She did the dry cut, asking me about my regimen, and I told her I was using soap bars which she recommended that I not use anymore (and i stopped). The biggest thing for me that I got out of this hair cut was when she told me my hair texture. I was almost positive I had fine texture, and I was loading on the protein, but it turns out, i have MEDIUM texture, and normal porosity.

She had me lay off the protein, and since then, I've been using giovanni triple treat shampoo, and a protein free conditioner (suave or the giovanni 50:50, or the gvp conditioning balm) and my hair has been super happy.

My hair had a shelf she said, where the layers kind of stopped, she stepped down my layers, and it's much more curlier overall, all around, I absolutely love it.

She is so incredible, and knowledgeable, she answered all my questions and more, and taught me how to clip,

I highly recommend her to anyone who has the opportunity to get a cut by her :) Especially if you want to learn more about your hair :)

A few pictures can be found here: http://public.fotki.com/Elphie2983/tiffany-hair-cut/
Hair Type: 3a with 3b tendencies, medium texture and normal porosity
Shampoo: Giovanni Tea Tree Triple Treat and CJDF
Conditioner/Leave-in: Giovanni 50:50, and Suave Naturals (Just not the Coconut), CALI
Stylers: CJ CCCC, AFG, HESMU

Comments

• CurliLocksCurliLocks Registered Users Posts: 10,573 Curl Connoisseur
    I had a wonderful experience and cut with Tiffany myself, along with 12 other curlies a week ago. :)

I have medium texture with normal porosity as well. I wasn't sure until Tiffany helped. :) Now I know why my hair does not really like proteins. :p

Your hair looks great! Did you put your review on the actual Salon Review section too? Just copy/paste. :)
    SF Bay Area, CA * "The Angel-Goddess-Guru of Haircoloring" :D
    3b/c/a mix. medium texture, low porosity
    My Motto: Strand Test! some hair pics
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] -- gone, but never forgotten.
  • Elphie2983Elphie2983 Registered Users Posts: 145 Curl Neophyte
    I haven't put it there yet, I'll go do that now, thanks!
    Conditioner/Leave-in: Giovanni 50:50, and Suave Naturals (Just not the Coconut), CALI
  • CurliLocksCurliLocks Registered Users Posts: 10,573 Curl Connoisseur
    I need to go post my review there too! :)
    SF Bay Area, CA * "The Angel-Goddess-Guru of Haircoloring" :D
    3b/c/a mix. medium texture, low porosity
    My Motto: Strand Test! some hair pics
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] -- gone, but never forgotten.
  • likethegumlikethegum Registered Users Posts: 494 Curl Neophyte
    "She is so incredible, and knowledgeable, she answered all my questions and more, and taught me how to clip"

Please tell us how, if it's possible to explain! I've tried so many ways of clipping, and none really work. I've seen pictures of clipped hair, but never an explanation of how it got there!
    3b/3a - CG since 04-30-2009
    fine texture, med porosity
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Co-wash:
    GTTT, Live Clean, EO Sweet Orange
    Condish: Calia, AO Rosa Mosqueta/White Camellia/Honeysuckle Rose/Island Naturals/GPB, ABBA Pure Gentle, Desert Essence Shea Butter
    DT: Usually just use one of my richer conditioners, sometimes add oils or honey
    Gels: Homemade FSG!!!, Druide, BRHG, Alba Soft Hold Style Cream,
    AOMM

experimenting with: honey, agave, oils, butters, ACV, Curls Milkshake, more conditioners

• Elphie2983Elphie2983 Registered Users Posts: 145 Curl Neophyte
    likethegum wrote: »
    "She is so incredible, and knowledgeable, she answered all my questions and more, and taught me how to clip"

Please tell us how, if it's possible to explain! I've tried so many ways of clipping, and none really work. I've seen pictures of clipped hair, but never an explanation of how it got there!

I will try to explain, although she made it look so easy and did it so quick, I still don't think I quite do it like she does. She did say she'd get around to posting a video though.

In any case, what I learned, was: you take a piece of hair maybe 2-3 inches thick near the crown (or less depending on your preference), pinching it between your fingers push it up a little bit, making a little bump, then you take a clip (the duck bill kind) and put the clip where your fingers are, making sure that the vertical side of the clip is resting on your scalp, I don't know how to make that make sense...the flat side shouldn't be touching your scalp, the shorter side should be. And that's it :) So you do this all around your crown, then you let your hair dry and carefully take them out.

That's the best I can explain it, hope it helps!
  • Swirlycurly ChemistSwirlycurly Chemist Registered Users Posts: 335
    I have totally got to get in there and get a cut from her. I have been doing my own at home, and I am sure it looks like it, LoL.
    3A canopy with 3B underneath
    Low poo, not afraid of amine-based silicones or polyquats, silk proteins are good as well.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file