Clarifying after color

laynesavedthedaylaynesavedtheday Posts: 239Registered Users Curl Neophyte
Ok I just got my hair colored red. It is gorgeous BUT when the lady styled it after she used Paul Mitchell crap loaded with 'cones. So I have a sulfate poo to clarify this stuff out...but when should I do it? And how should I do it? I am of course scared that my hair will fade a LOT after the shampoo.

Should I do it today (because I would like to start wearing my hair curly again for school) or should I wait a few days? Should I deep treat before? After? Leave in condish? idk?? lol

I mean whatever will hold the color better because that is of course the main priority. Any advice?

Comments

• CurliLocksCurliLocks Posts: 10,573Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I mean whatever will hold the color better because that is of course the main priority. Any advice?
    I would not clarify after coloring, you risk removing color. Let the color set for at least a day (48-72 hours is best, really). Unless your hair feels terribly coated, I'd leave it alone. The cones, although not CG, will help retain the color by sealing them in. I know how everyone hates cones, but the method for removing them at this point may affect your color. Patience. :)
    SF Bay Area, CA * "The Angel-Goddess-Guru of Haircoloring" :D
    3b/c/a mix. medium texture, low porosity
    My Motto: Strand Test! some hair pics
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] -- gone, but never forgotten.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file