CurlTalk

Should I cut my hair? UPDATE! NOW HAVE PICS

Just looking for opinions here. You can see my pics in my fotki or my myspace (all below). I like my hair, I think it's pretty, but I don't think it makes ME look pretty, if that makes sense. I don't think it does much for me. Also, I'm almost 23, and people still think I'm 16 - which is beginning to grow tiresome :D I think having a shorter haircut would possibly help that. Possibly!

I'm somewhat scared, because I think I have this strange emotional attachment to having long hair now, and I almost hide behind it at times?! :?

I'm thinking collarbone-shoulder length with the shortest layers (face framing) at lip/chin length. My hair isn't thick, and it's not super curly, so I don't think I'd have that crazy pyramid look going on with that style. Also, it's starting to get a bit stringy/thin/straggly towards the ends, and it's losing curl. I think it may just simply be too long for me now. I have had my hair that length in the past, but I mainly wore it straight then. Below is an example of around the length I'm thinking, on a Jessica Alba pic. Obviously my hair wouldn't look like THAT, but that's the length.

It freaks me out to even think about it, but I am growing tired of this same style, and it's getting too difficult to take care of at times, so . . . . Any thoughts? :D

hair.jpg
DPTFm5.png
Failed to load the poll.
Failed to load the poll.

Comments

• mayimmayim Posts: 2,301Registered Users
    i think that style would look very cute on you and give you a little more mature, polished but fun look.

go for it!

m
    coarse, thick 3a
    modified cg

weight.png

• IwantcurlyhairIwantcurlyhair Posts: 338Registered Users
    I think you would definitely look cute with that style! The only thing I think you should be cautious of is some looser curl types actually are curlier the longer it is. If your hair is like that you may get frustrated that it doesn't curl as well when it's shorter. If you don't think you'd have that problem I'd say go for it!
  • RainRain Posts: 217Registered Users
    If you want to cut it, cut it. It will grow back if you change your mind later. Life is short. Go for it.
    3a/b, fine, lots of it
  • internetchickinternetchick Posts: 6,191Registered Users
    I think that cut would look cute on you :D
  • SYBSYB Posts: 305Registered Users
    Yes, I think you would look so cute with a shorter hairstyle. The Jessica Alba cut is a good one, and also rocking a chin-length curly bob I think would be an equally good option too! :)
    "Curls Tester"
    Products in my current regime: Nioxin Scalp Therapy Shampoo, ORS Replenishing Pak, Curls Whipped Cream, Curls Souffle, Curls Spiral Curls Cream, Curls Milkshake, Curls Quenched, BB(Bonner Brothers) Growth Lotion
  • WendyCWendyC Posts: 28Registered Users
    Yes I think you have the perfect shaped face and will look fabulous with a short to mid style :D
    3b-3c
  • SuZenSuZen Posts: 1,595Registered Users
    That length would not be really short, and it might give you more bounce. I think it would be a good idea!
  • RheannaRheanna Posts: 2,614Registered Users
    Yay! Thanks everyone :) I was leaning towards yes very heavily, and everyone's responses made me think I should even more so :) I'll probably debate on it a little bit more but I may call and make an appt. tomorrow. It makes me nervous to think about, but I do think it would look good! Thanks everyone!!
    DPTFm5.png
  • amytugamytug Posts: 81Registered Users
    the only advise I can give you is to have htem cut it a little longer first, so they can always go shorter. It's better to be too long than too short, yk? and another thing, You MUST post photos!
    2b/3a - fine but lots of it
    goals- to grow hair to bsl, maybe a tad shorter. to learn to love my hair :S
    Amytug, yep you're right... However, I know me, and if I were to cut it longer, I would chicken out. Then I would be having this same discussion with myself (and all of you guys) in a couple weeks, back again for another appointment :D

If I'm gonna do it, I should just do it :)
    DPTFm5.png
    OH NO! I called to make an appointment and the girl that has cut my hair for almost 3 years is no longer working there and they don't know how to get in touch with her!!!! :( I tried looking for a home number, but it is unlisted. Is this a crazy sign? lol
    DPTFm5.png
  • one way streetone way street Posts: 772Registered Users
    I defnitely say cut it. I seriously thought you were 14! :oops:
    mod. CG 2C-3A/M/iii
    Fotki album and journal updated: 10/01/07
    password: springlet

Currently: Trying to stop straightening so much. Using Elucence conditioner and whatever works for me.
    AngieCurls wrote:

That totally cracked me up!!! :lol: I guess it could be a good thing, when I get older. Now it's annoying to be asked for ID when I go to see an R-rated movie. . . :D
    DPTFm5.png
  • SuburbanbushbabeSuburbanbushbabe Posts: 15,402Registered Users
    I think a similar shape, but longer cut would look real good on you.
    My blog - /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fsuburbanbushbabe.wordpress.com%2F" class="Popup
    My FOTKI - /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fwhatsnew.fotki.com%2Fsuburbanbushbabe%2F" class="Popup
    comic-p.jpg

Playing with my hair is a hobby. Fluffy, fine natural 4a. Goal= Healthy, beautiful hair that retains its length.
    Hear that crash? It's me falling off the CG wagon.
  • juvjoyjuvjoy Posts: 670Registered Users
    Hi!

I say YES!!!! Love the pic of the cut & I think it would looks great w/ your features. Post pics when/if u get it done!
    Love,
    Kim
    Thanks gals :) I'm going to make an appt. tomorrow, with someone new. So that kinda freaks me out, but my cousin goes to her and loves her, so we'll see.... And I will definitely take some pictures when I get it done :D
    DPTFm5.png
  • automaticflowersautomaticflowers Posts: 3,465Registered Users
  • embudiniembudini Posts: 580Registered Users
    AngieCurls wrote:

Me too :lol:
    PW: ihaveafotki :toothy2:
    Fotki UPDATED! 12-14-2007
    3A-3B layered-longer-than-shoulder-length-not-really-CG
    Former Tween Scene Columnist
  • PowerCurlPowerCurl Posts: 1Registered Users
    Hi! I just wanted to say that I think you should go for it! Last October I had my hip length hair cut into as VERY short asymmetrical bob. I've enjoyed having the shorter hair but have decided to start growing it again, this time taking better care of it. Having short hair has made me change up my routine a bit which is kinda fun. I've experimented with things I never would have had I kept with the same old style and length. It's good to get a different perspective on things and get out of old routines! :D

Oh ... I just wanted to add that you will defintely appreciate looking younger in a few years. It used to annoy me when I was younger but now when I get carded going into an R movie it's just funny. I'm 28 by the way.

Megan
    OK! It's done... I got lots of highlights, more than I asked for, more than I wanted... Not so sure about those. Actually shed a tear over them earlier :) BUT nothing some hair dye can't fix, right?

All in all, I'm pretty happy... I love the cut, love the way it feels, yada yada yada :D Pics are on my myspace AND my fotki, www button and the link in my sig line :) Comments are welcome, unless you wanna tell me I look horrid, in which case you can keep that to yourselves :D
    DPTFm5.png
  • redcelticcurlsredcelticcurls Posts: 17,502Registered Users
    Nice! :) The length and style really suit you. The highlights are nice too, very natural looking.
    Kiva! Microfinance works.

Med/Coarse, porous curly.
    Thanks!! The highlights were more than I've ever had, so I think I just have to get used to them... to me they look like I'm totally blonde :) And completely unnatural. But hey, I'm my own worst critic, and so far everyone said they did look natural :)

But thanks!!!
    DPTFm5.png
  • IwantcurlyhairIwantcurlyhair Posts: 338Registered Users
    Highlights can be a shock when you first get them but after you get used to them you'll probably love them. I love your cut! It really does suit your face. :D
  • juvjoyjuvjoy Posts: 670Registered Users
    No, no! I like the highlights a lot! :) The cut is very nice to.

Kim
  • mayimmayim Posts: 2,301Registered Users
    wow! your hair looks amazing, absolutely fantastic. that cut is so very flattering on you! yay!

:D

the highlights look very pretty, too.

m
    coarse, thick 3a
    modified cg

weight.png

• medusahairmedusahair Posts: 3,515Registered Users
    Your hair looks so bouncy now, I love the cut and highlights!
    2c/3a?
    Low porosity, medium texture.
    /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fpublic.fotki.com%2FMedusahair%2F" class="Popup

If it smells good put it in your hair, if it tastes good spit it out!
  • jeepcurlygurljeepcurlygurl Posts: 19,238Registered Users Curl Dabbler
    I adore your cut and color. Awesome. And yes, you are sexified. :lol:
    --I'm located in Western PA.
    --I found NC in late 2004, CG since February 2005, started going grey in late 2005.
    --My hair is 3B with some 3A, texture-medium/fine, porosity-normal except for the ends which are porous, elasticity-normal.
    --My long time favorite products are Suave & VO5 conditioners, LA Looks Sport Gel, oils, honey, vinegar.
    --My CG and grey hair progress -- http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/going-gray/179328-jeepys-grey-hair-progress.html
  • NeedSleepNeedSleep Posts: 102Registered Users
    Holy crap woman...now I want to cut my hair!! You look amazing!! I LOOOOVE the change. Very sophisticated and playful at the same time.

The highlights look great, really brighten everything up.

You must be on cloud 9!!

Again, you look GREAT!!

Oh...why did the straighten it at the salon? It loosk sooooo awsume curly,suits you perfectly.
    password: wavy
    Aww! You guys are all far too nice :D Although I do love the cut too! I'm not 100% sure on why they straightened it, something to do with not wanting to mess up the curly hair, so they straightened it to "see what they were working with" better... I have no idea, but I will NOT be wearing my hair straight any time soon :lol:

I'm really, really glad I just went for it. I do think it suits me a LOT better than the long hair, and hopefully I look a little older than 14 now :D

Thanks again all! You made me :oops: ...
    DPTFm5.png
    I adore your cut and color. Awesome. And yes, you are sexified. :lol:

LOL. How did I forget that comment jeep? I just had to put that funny pic on there.. I'm so immature :roll:

:lol:
    DPTFm5.png