matted hair in shower

waterlilywaterlily Registered Users Posts: 39
hello everyone,

I'm new here, and I could really use some advice please!

I am a 2a with fine hair, but lots of it. I highlight the top and front sections and I think that is where my problem is (but I CAN NOT give up the highlighting!). You see, I go in the shower, and would like to co-wash, but my hair is so matted and tangled particularly in these highlighted sections that I can hardly dig down to my scalp to clean it! So I've had to do low poos using Live Clean Fresh Water moisturizing shampoo. Then for the last 2 days been using Loreal Vive Pro Nutri Gloss (amazing, it saves my hair from being a dry knotted mess)

I tried Joico K pak with protein today. Is this the right way to go? After I shower I plop with Alberto Moussing Gel for an hour then diffuse gently. The a touch of Loreal Studio Architect texturizing wax to combat frizziness and then some Tresemme extra hold hairspray....

As far as I can tell, all these products are CG friendly, I've checked them with the Live Free/Curly website ingredients to avoid.

Anyone have this matting problem or advice?

p.s. if my photo shows up on the sidebar, that was taken 3 years ago while camping in Australia, with no blowdryer to straighten my hair. This was the day I realized I might have some waves to work with and I've been trying to perfect them ever since!
my hair:
2a/b, fine-haired but lots of it, highlighted on top/front, shoulder length, trying to balance out frizziness versus flatness.

products I use:
low poo - Live Clean Wave Enhancing or Giovanni 50:50
conditioner - LaCoupe Colour Rescue, Joico KPak for protein deep treat once/wk
styling - AG Recoil, HESMU gel, Loreal Studio Architect Wax, Tresemme tres two hairspray

modified cg since November '09

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file