What films can't you stand?

CurlyFlixCurlyFlix Posts: 58Registered Users
Just posted a reply to the thread 'What are your favourite movies and why?' by CurlayGirlay (great thread by the way), and it got me wondering what your least-liked films are?

Films you may have watched and hated, or just never really got into, or never watched because they sounded silly?

Let me know! :thumbright:
[FONT=&quot]Hair type:[/FONT][FONT=&quot] 3a/3b, 'tanned blonde', fine, normal porosity, normal elasticity, fine texture, naturally curly hair.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Conditioner:[/FONT][FONT=&quot] Pure Coconut Oil Conditioner worked in, left for several minutes, washed out, second gentler application, left in for 3 minutes, washed out.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Styling:[/FONT][FONT=&quot] Boots Essentials Curl Creme or Styling Mousse for Curls[/FONT]

event.png

Comments

• botticelli_girl922botticelli_girl922 Posts: 896Registered Users
    CurlyFlix wrote: »
    Just posted a reply to the thread 'What are your favourite movies and why?' by CurlayGirlay (great thread by the way), and it got me wondering what your least-liked films are?

Films you may have watched and hated, or just never really got into, or never watched because they sounded silly?

Here are a few that I haven't seen but can't stand anyway:

-Knocked up
    -Fired up
    -Little Miss Sunshine
    -Ghost of Girlfriend's past
    -Twilight
    -New Moon (soon to come)
    -Superbad

Mostly I'm sick of all those movies portraying women/girls as sex toys and showing infatuation as "love." In a lot of those movies, it's simply infatuation--not love. Hollywood needs to learn the definition of true love, and learn that there is more to life than sex and manipulation.

I'll post more if I think of more! :)
    Curl Type: 2c-3a, Medium thickness, Normal Porosity
    Weekly Low-poo: TJ Pure Castile Soap
    Co-wash: V05 Strawberries and Cream
    Conditioner: GVP Conditioning Balm (Possibly HG!), GF Triple Nutrition
    Styling Products: CK, Re:coil, JCRR, JCCC, LALMHG, EcoStyler, SMU Spray Gel, Boots

Life has many choices. Eternity has two. What's yours?
  • CurlayGirlayCurlayGirlay Posts: 240Registered Users

Thx Curly Fix! :)

Well lets see...

-Seven Pounds- I know a lot of people loved this movie, but I just couldn't stand it. I felt like it shed a good light on committing suicide.

-Twilight- In my opinion, the acting was horrible and unprofessional.

-Mamma Mia- I liked the singing and dancing but the whole "Mom has sex with a bunch of guys, fifty year old woman having sex with 20 year old guy, dad turns gay" thing was to much for me.

-Legally Blondes- I love Legally Blonde 1 and 2 but this movie went to far. It was soooooo unrealistic I just couldn't stand it.

-Cinderella 2 and 3 and Peter Pan 2- I just don't think it's right to have a sequel to such great disney classics! And they didn't even use the real people's voices.
    CG since December 22, 2008!:thumbright:
    Thick/Coarse/Porous/3a/Protein Sensitive

Luvin the Spritz and Condish method! =)
  • kenzie!kenzie! Posts: 5,055Registered Users

Here are a few that I haven't seen but can't stand anyway:

-Knocked up
    -Fired up
    -Little Miss Sunshine
    -Ghost of Girlfriend's past
    -Twilight
    -New Moon (soon to come)
    -Superbad

Mostly I'm sick of all those movies portraying women/girls as sex toys and showing infatuation as "love." In a lot of those movies, it's simply infatuation--not love. Hollywood needs to learn the definition of true love, and learn that there is more to life than sex and manipulation.

I'll post more if I think of more! :)

Ohhhhh! I love Little Miss Sunshine!! its so funny! And the brother is kinda cute too....a little eye candy in a movie is always nice. ;)
    Rock Chalk Baby!! If you aren't from Kansas, you just won't understand!

Dame Kenz Matilda Jayhawk-Rocksalt, heir to the family diamonds.
  • anflananflan Posts: 36Registered Users
    Twilight

Lord of the Rings (It was way too long for my attention span)

Star Wars (Same)
  • thickcurlygurlythickcurlygurly Posts: 230Registered Users
    twilight
    the sound of music(probably cuz my sister used to make me watch it with her at least twice every day for a year)
    free willy(^)
    E.T.(^plus i never really saw the point of that movie)
    conditioner: GVP conditioning balm
    leave in co: GVP conditioning balm

And my hair hates avg :happy3:

Yes I consider myself obsessed with my hair. :happy7:
  • laynesavedthedaylaynesavedtheday Posts: 239Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    There aren't many movies I find truly annoying. I mean some I don't like and therefore don't watch but I don't dwell on it so I certainly cannot recall any at this point.

However, I do find the Twilight films (and books) to be fairly annoying.
  • Jamtastic Voyage!Jamtastic Voyage! Posts: 230Registered Users
    Twilight.. -puke-

Pathetic excuses for vampires (yeah, I won't suck your blood and decide whether or not to reduce you to a drained corpse like a REAL vampire, I'll just glitter like a faerie instead! yay!) AND sappy romance? No thanks.

If Tom Sturridge's delicious self got cast as Edward instead of ugly Robert Pattinson then I'd watch it. Though Kristen Stewart is ugly too, Tom has enough sexy for everyone.

True Blood is MUCH much better and doesn't make me want to punch anyone.

Epic Movie and all its counterparts.

Now don't get me wrong, I love Scary Movie (though it really did start to decline at the 3rd) but the other spoof movies are really dumb and lame looking.

Saw IV - infinity.

.. k, really? Who makes more than two sequels (aside from like Harry Potter, but it was a book series) for a movie anymore? What is this, the 80s? It really is getting recycled and boring.

Leprechaun (or is it The Leprechaun?)

.. do I need to explain this? Some cursed Leprechaun starts killing people because they stole his Lucky Charms-- I mean pot of gold? Come on.

I'll probably think of more later, but my back is killing me (curse you, Mother Nature! take your gift back!) and the pain is distracting me.
    4a, fine-coarse, normal-high porosity, thick and dense sponge cake!
    currently texlaxed!
    APL stretched, ear length curly.
    Hair <3s: butters, glycerin, honey, coconut, aloe, olive oil
    Hair </3s: other oils, protein, 'cones, sulfates
    Cleanse: Bentonite Clay
    Condition: Shea Moisture Restorative, KUI Hydrating Hemp
    Leave-In: KCKT+castor oil, KUI Coconut Cream
    Style: Curl pudding (eco styler blue gel+shea butter+castor oil+conditioner)
  • wavycurly40+wavycurly40+ Posts: 2,017Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Didn't like "40-year-old virgin," and don't like the looks of anything else by those same guys.

If we're talking classics.... I hated both "The English Patient" and "Out of Africa." Beautiful scenery and fabulous Ralph Lauren clothes can only take you so far when you're BORED out of your mind.

Wurly and proud!
    Modified CG since 2008.
  • AlannahAngelAlannahAngel Posts: 529Registered Users
    Didn't really like Twilight (but I LOVED New Moon!)

H.A.T.E.D Knocked Up, Superbad, Epic Movie, Superhero Movie and Bruno :goofy: I love the Scary Movie series too, but as Jamtastic Voyage said, most spoof movies are just stupid!
    ~ BIG *sexy* CURLS ~
    ~~~
    Conditioner/Co-wash/Leave-in: Garnier Fructis Nutri Repair/Organic Instinct
    Styler: Garnier Fructis 24-H
    ~~~

• definingnamedefiningname Posts: 19Registered Users
    Like some of you already said:
    Twilight--yes, the acting in that movie was TERRIBLE!
    Men In Black--ahhhh, really I just can't stand sci--fi movies.

Little Miss Sunshine! I love that movie, my favorite actually.

But, like botticelli said, the difference between an infatuation and love really isn't understood in Hollywood, ultimately making some terrible movies.
    -Angelica
  • CurlayGirlayCurlayGirlay Posts: 240Registered Users
    Alright gals, I have another movie to add unfortunately. Over the holidays I saw the movie Phantom of the Opera and I really disliked it.

Don't get my wrong...I love the story line and I LOVE the actual Broadway play. I just really disliked the movie...the acting IMO was very fake and I wished the could have hired better singers for all the roles.
    CG since December 22, 2008!:thumbright:
    Thick/Coarse/Porous/3a/Protein Sensitive

Luvin the Spritz and Condish method! =)
  • SpeedGoddessSpeedGoddess Posts: 118Registered Users
    Star Wars. I absolutely Loathe Star Wars. The movie is about...I don't even know. It just Looks stupid. Some sci-fi thing. Don't git me wrong, I have nothing against sci-fi. I just don't like Star Wars. If it wasn't for SW, my fave movie of all time would have been #1 for that year (1977)

And anything that makes teen pregnancy look all glitzy and good really makes me mad. Encouraging girls to git pregnant? No. No. And more no!

Whoa, sorry for the mini-rant, lol
    Hair type: 3B

CG since: Dec '08

(Johnson&Johnson No More Tears Shampoo when need help with build-up), Suave Naturals condish, leave some in, LaBella Gel, then out the door!

You only live once...make it count

• botticelli_girl922botticelli_girl922 Posts: 896Registered Users
    Star Wars. I absolutely Loathe Star Wars. The movie is about...I don't even know. It just Looks stupid. Some sci-fi thing. Don't git me wrong, I have nothing against sci-fi. I just don't like Star Wars. If it wasn't for SW, my fave movie of all time would have been #1 for that year (1977)

And anything that makes teen pregnancy look all glitzy and good really makes me mad. Encouraging girls to git pregnant? No. No. And more no!

I know, seriously. I'm concerned that some shows and movies show teenage pregnancy as being an adventure...
    Curl Type: 2c-3a, Medium thickness, Normal Porosity
    Weekly Low-poo: TJ Pure Castile Soap
    Co-wash: V05 Strawberries and Cream
    Conditioner: GVP Conditioning Balm (Possibly HG!), GF Triple Nutrition
    Styling Products: CK, Re:coil, JCRR, JCCC, LALMHG, EcoStyler, SMU Spray Gel, Boots

Life has many choices. Eternity has two. What's yours?
  • fabisebienfabisebien Posts: 76Registered Users
    they deserved to be unhappy, for being stupid,and for betraying the people who trusted them
    New Staples: As I Am: Coconut CoWash Cleansing Conditioner and Leave-In Conditioner.
    Method For Styling: Rake and Shake. And Let Air Dry.

Bird! [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SpeedGoddessSpeedGoddess Posts: 118Registered Users

I know, seriously. I'm concerned that some shows and movies show teenage pregnancy as being an adventure...

Yeah, really. Juno did that, and it was horrible. It was a crappy movie to begin with, but then the whole plot...grrrr
    Hair type: 3B

CG since: Dec '08

(Johnson&Johnson No More Tears Shampoo when need help with build-up), Suave Naturals condish, leave some in, LaBella Gel, then out the door!

You only live once...make it count

• ninja dogninja dog Posts: 23,780Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    "9" (the digit, not "Nine"). It's animated. It sucked.
  • CurlyCowgirlyCurlyCowgirly Posts: 299Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    28 Days later, 28 weeks later....too much gore. :crybaby:
    What a girl wants...too much random dancing. :-?
    Dan in Real Life...too pathetic, Dan. :sad3:

I like movies with twists and turns and great special FX! :) :thumbup:
    Low/Med porosity, very fine, low/med elasticity & density, 3A
    AKA hard to work with hair!

Low-Poo: Kenra Volumizing shampoo, AG Fast Food shampoo
    CO: AG Ultramoist, AO GPB, Nature's Gate Aloe Vera
    Gel: GFCC mousse, HETT, Aquage Megagel
    Also: Aloe Vera juice or Alba Leave-in. Weekly ACV rinse.
    Wishlist: YTC low-poo, Elucence poo, Bioterra Curl Creme, AGEbeautiful Strengthening trtment, SS Repairing Protein Trtment, LuxyHair ext's
  • millymollymoomillymollymoo Posts: 27Registered Users
    anything with jim carey in it.
    what a !!"%*&^?*%$!!?£!"$^!
    ;D
  • SandiSandi Posts: 364Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    -Twilight
    -New Moon
    -Anything extremely unrealistic

There's definitely more, but nothing else's coming to me right now.
    Hair Type: 3c/4a, Coarse, Med-High Density, Med-Low Porosity
    Curly since '09

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file